Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: ERROR when loading file: File not found + Duplicate entries in search DB!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

GPSMDPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Hi All

I have performed a clean install of Virtual DJ 8 on my macbook pro. All of my audio is stored on the internal drive and all music videos and visuals are stored on the external hard drive (which is formatted as the mac file system and not FAT32 or NTFS)

I added my music folder (internal drive) as a favorite and set VDJ to scan for BPM, length etc which was fine. I also asked it to add the folder to the search DB which also works.

I repeated the process for two folders on the external drive which contain music videos, the process completed fine and was able to search for files etc.

I then shut the mac down and powered it back on. Now when i search for files i see two entries for each music video when i search. One of them always fails to load VDJ cannot find the file.

When i checked the properties of the file it was unable to load it told me the path was C:/Video/Promo Only/Calvin Harris f. John Newman - Blame.mp4

Now the correct path is /volumes/GPS EXT/Video/Promo Only/Calvin Harris f. John Newman - Blame.mp4

When i clear down the database.xml files and rescan the issue has been resolved. Reboot and guess what it happens again.

Any ideas why virtual dj is thinking that the file resides on c:/ when this path does not exist.

I have also seen it with D:/Video....

Mac's don't even use drive letters either do they??

I really can't keep rescanning my tracks before a gig..

Any ideas guys?

Posted Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 9:59 am
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Alway copy YOUR VirtualDJ Database v6.xml yes that happen to me,I was using VDj-7 to fix/clean then open VDj-8,but when I plug my EX-HD with the Video's on it lost it all ( over 7yr of video info ) but I had the EX-HD info backup in a folder on it and was OK.I don't fix or clean my EX-HD may lose info and only now use VDj-8 to clean database not 7

Posted Mon 13 Oct 14 @ 9:33 am
I don't know why this has started happening, but whenever i browse for a track from my itunes library and try to load it, I get an error message and nothing will load. If I search for the track, there are 2 copies, 1 loads, the other is an error. I have tried adding my entire itunes music folder to the search db, I clicked 'clean' in the settings and it is still not working.

Is this something to do with itunes 12 not being fully compatible with VDJ? Is there a fix? It's highly annoying.

Posted Sun 09 Nov 14 @ 7:01 pm
this is happening me as well on VD7 database lost

Posted Sat 06 Dec 14 @ 1:52 pm
jaygabsPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I'm having the same issue with iTunes library. The file path for the tracks in all the iTunes playlists begin with file:/// and get errors on load. Then I can search for the same song and two versions show up, one with file:/// and one with volumes/ and the volumes/ version loads just fine. It's just really inconvenient to not be able to load right from iTunes playlists. I have checked/clean/fixed, still no luck. Please help.

Posted Sun 04 Jan 15 @ 9:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)