Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: To whoever programmed the 'echo' effect in version 8, I love you!! But...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So I have been using Virtual DJ for about 7 years now, most weekends and love using it. But I hadn't dared to try version 8 until Friday (2 days ago).

In version 7 I was using the echo doppler effect alot because it was only one of a few plugins that I ever found that let you do an 'echo out' type effect by turning the amount knob all the way to the right.

Well I wasn't holding my breath with the effects in version 8, but the first one I tried was 'Echo' and, yes it works like a charm!!

1. It sounds like an echo. Not just a simple repeat of the sound, it has been filtered and sound good. Thank you!

2. Effect control 2 tells you the delay time... measured in beats!! It was a revelation. Turn the knob on my controller and the words '1 beat', '1/2 beat', etec appear just under the knob on screen.

3. Turn the amount knob all the way to the right, and what happens? The input audio is cut to give an awesome 'freeze' echo out effect. Great way to finish a beat mix off: add small amounts of echo to the outgoing track as the mix progresses (make it appear as if it's going off into the distance...) then to end the mix, slam the 'amount' knob all the way to the right and the echo just tails off nicely.

Thank you thank you thank you!

But... Could we get the same for the default reverb effect please? :-)

Keep up the good work :-)

Posted Sun 14 Sep 14 @ 2:38 pm
I discovered the joys of the echo effect today. Haven't used it at a gig yet, but will have a practice during the week, and I am sure it will be used at the weekend.

Posted Sun 14 Sep 14 @ 4:55 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Try kill the gain (or use the volume effect first in an fx chain) then it works like post fader,
(same with reverb)
I have much love for the new echo effect, but I also like the old style with it's non sync'd delay time.
There are still some tiny problems with it (the new one) but it's probably my most used stock effect.

Posted Sun 14 Sep 14 @ 6:20 pm
santdPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I love the new Echo, someone finally made an echo effect similar to the efx 500. I dont understand people gripes about this not being a post fader effect. I turn it on, turn the dial to the right, then I hit stop on the track playing, then turn the dial to the left which acts like a feedback knob, the echo then trails out.
I was going to go out and buy and DJM 750 because I love pioneer's echo, but now I dont need to.

Great job VDJ on creating this echo effect.

The old efx 500 echo had a slight pop to it when the echo would fade out.

Posted Tue 16 Sep 14 @ 11:20 am
Would be nice if it (and all the effects) were post fader, but all in good time I'm sure!

Glad I'm not the only person who's noticed that it's good, thanks for the comments!

Like I said, though, would be nice to get a nice reverb or delay/filter/reverb combo kind of thing with a 'twist all the way to the right to cut the send signal' to go with the echo we have now :-)

Posted Tue 16 Sep 14 @ 8:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)