Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Release not called for Visualization effects in some cases

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I used TellyMedia for testing this but any visualization effect should do. TellyMedia will not be allowed to run as a visualization unless the following problems are fixed.

First start fresh with VDJ and no video window up etc.

1) Select some visualization effect for for videoAudioOnlyVisualisation

2) Select this same effect on deck 1.

3) activate the effect on deck 1. You should have the deck 1 effect playing and since it is also the visualization effect it will also be playiing since the visiualization effect runs when the video window comes up. It does not matter if a song is playing or not.

4) put a break point on whatever effect you are testing with at Release

5) The effect has been loaded twice. Close VDJ. You should see break point at Release only hit once. Then DllMain is called for shut down without releasing both loaded effects. Just releasing one of the loaded effects.

There was a problem similar to this before in one of the early releases. Nothing to do with visualizations for this problem. In this case Release was not called before DllMain was called period. This was fixed way back.

On a side note, the way visualizations are implemented seems worthless to me. It means no plugin can be on top because as soon as the video window is shown it plays the visualization effect. It doesn't matter whether a song is playing or not. Seems that the only recommendation that can be is not to use Visualizations at this time for videoAudioOnlyVisualisation.

Posted Sun 14 Sep 14 @ 11:02 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I have just followed this procedure with b1960 and Release was called twice.

Posted Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 8:30 am
Yes I just tested again and it seems fixed now. Would be nice if someone would comment to close it out so I would know. It has happened before where I just had to retest to find out if something was fixed because no one closes out the bug report and just gets silently fixed sometimes. It is enough I or others have to deal with the bug in the first place and then to get no response it not very courteous.

Posted Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 9:12 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Don Moir wrote :
Yes I just tested again and it seems fixed now. Would be nice if someone would comment to close it out so I would know.

I guess you could consider my above post confirmation that the issue was fixed :)

Posted Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 9:42 am
Yes 3 weeks later :)

Posted Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 9:51 am
Don, will we now see TM & TV released as visualisations?

Posted Thu 09 Oct 14 @ 5:24 am
Yes

Posted Thu 09 Oct 14 @ 6:23 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)