Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mac OS X Yosemite - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey, I am having some troubles i was wondering anyone can assist me? I just recently upgraded to OSX 10.10 and but still running on PRO 7.4 , the tunes wont even play. i cant press the start button. Should i upgrade to VDJ 8 then? Thank you for the attention :)

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 8:37 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
@music234. Is this an issue only with the Comments field ? Can you try with another field , e.g. the Album, Artist, Year etc ?

Posted Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 1:12 am
Sorry for slow reply.
No easy to make things clear.
In Itunes:
Changed the genre, played the file. Closed Itunes.
In VDJ
Did a reload tags (batch). Genre changed.
2. try: changed the genre again in Itunes, played file, closed Itunes. Did a reload: Genre didn't changed ?!?

Same by comment, but they never changed...

I know that same fields as the comment can include multiple things, but imo there should be a way to force vdi to take the comment of ITunes.
Great would be an option, so the user can decide which comment should be taken by VDJ.

Greets
Music234

Posted Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 7:35 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
reason asked you to try other fields is because Comments has its own setting to read from tags (getCommentfromTags).
Could you try with the beta build 2013 ? (enable getbetabuilds from Advanced Options in case you havent done that already)

Posted Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 8:11 am
OK, did a first test with the new beta:
Genre etc.: works
Comment does not.
Another german user told us, that he gots a problem with the group-tag, which is not imported. We advised him to drop down this in the bug-forum.

Posted Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 12:06 pm
cnymikePRO InfinityMember since 2011
Well I went out on a limb and upgraded to Yosemite last night.

I've got a MId-2012, 15-inch MacBook Pro, 2.7GHz Core i7 with 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Memory

Under Mountain Lion VDJ7 would consume 1 bar of CPU maybe 2 bars would blip every once in a while.

Under Yosemite I have a solid 7 solid bars and blips of 8 bars of CPU usage in VDJ indicated when I am doing absolutly nothing with VDJ7.

Not good.

Posted Thu 23 Oct 14 @ 2:54 pm
When Yosemite and iTunes made the upgrade, VDJ 8 works more or less better, I lost all my CUES, Who can I repair it?, I tried to use VDJ7 but it doesn´t works, appear ERROR FILES all the time.
I Downloaded different packages for VDJ8 as: drum pack 8, effect pack 8, Rhythm Pack 8, Voice pack 8,appear the headlines but not the effects and sounds
I Downloaded Project@8 and it works..... headline and sounds...
When I sent the tickets to VDJ the guys who answer me was not friendly, It's like we have issues we are wrong, and everything working perfect with VD8.
It could be a great if VDJ help us soon and fixed all this errors.
I don't like to use TRACTOR but I had to did it since 4 months ago, It was works perfect with Yosemite Beta and iTunes Beta, It works perfect with Yosemite and iTunes, I didn't lost anything, but I don't like it!
VDJ8 it has a friendly interfase, cool features.
The rhythms packs is not friendly, and I can't find how can start the rhythm in time with some song.
I hope that VDJ8 help us soon!

Posted Fri 24 Oct 14 @ 12:24 am
-- deleted --

Sorry - wrong topic...

Posted Mon 27 Oct 14 @ 8:04 am
I am running VDJ 8 on a new macbook pro with a Pioneer XDJr1 controller and recently installed Yosemite on my mac - everything was working fine beforehand. Since doing so both of the volume sliders do not respond, everything seems to work. Can anyone tell me if Yosemite is responsible for this and if there is a fix.

Posted Wed 05 Nov 14 @ 12:32 pm
Anybody having music skipping problems with V 8 using yosemite 10.10?

Posted Mon 10 Nov 14 @ 7:42 pm
Upgraded to Yosemite a couple of weeks ago, big mistake!!!

I can run both VDJ7 and VDJ8 OK, but, for general use I'm seeing the beachball all the time. I have 4gb of memory, Yosemite 'steals' over 2.6gigs leaving a max of only 1.4gigs (often less than 1gb) for programs to use!!!

I have spent lots of time researching how to resolve this. It's possible to return to Mavericks, but, certainly not easy. Can't find why so much of the memory is needed by the OS. Checked with Windows 7 (my Mac is boot camped) and it uses around 1gb for the OS leaving 3gbs free. For this reason I'm using VDJ8 on the PC side.

I could add another partition to my hard drive and install Maverick on that, but, I'd rather find a solution to the memory hog Yosemite. My Mac 2.6 i7 Quad Core is now slower than my old Dell Inspiron 6000 1.6 single processor running XP!!!

Anybody else experiencing this? ......... or found a solution?

Posted Tue 11 Nov 14 @ 5:52 am
I have contacted Apple about the Beach ball since the MAC upgrade with 8. Call your "Apple Store" not apple.com, and ask to buy a OS disk to take you back 1 OS, they will give you free support after that because it is a "OS Upgrade issue. I did upgrade my ram but at $105 a 4 gig stick, I am running a core duo @ 2.4 with 512 onboard graphics and 6 gigs. Waiting on response, but they had me do 2 Yosemite Hard resets and are calling me back to see if it worked. It didn't.

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 10:50 pm
Hello, I m using Macbook air with os x Yosemite on it. Im downloading virtual dj 7 and it says: The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.) thisame thing wit the vdj 8. Even tried to download ultramixer and it says: You can’t open the application “UltraMixer-2.4.7-RC2-mac” because PowerPC applications are no longer supported.

So, yeah, tried vdj's, ultramixer, serrate dj and somehow these programs won't work. I think with vdj it doesn't work because of pkg format...
Or this is just because of Yosemite.

Thank you for reading

Posted Mon 17 Nov 14 @ 3:28 pm
Please Help First of all Im a new Mac User. Used VJ7 and Just recently Upgraded to VJ8. Using the program with no problem on my Dell Alienware PC. But noticed some issues with Videos. So I took the dive and Went and Purchased my new Mac. It does have the OS X Yosemite 10.10.

Everything is okay except when Im in a folder, and then I search for another song/video using the search, when it finds the song if its not in the folder Im currently in, it will not load saying Error, File is Missing. Ive tried everything that I have read here in this forum. Doesn't work. Im at a lost. Is the problem with VJ8 and Mac and Yosemite. Does anyone know ? This doesn't happen on my Dell Alienware. I still have the VJ7 on my laptop so I opened that up on the Mac and it does the same. So the theory that its the VJ8 only is not the case.

Please Help I have 3 more days before I can get a full refund on the brand new Mac that everyone insisted that I had to switch too. Im mostly a Video Jockey, so I need to have a super processor machine.
Thanks
VJ Marky Mark

Posted Wed 14 Jan 15 @ 6:51 am
djmuzicPRO InfinityMember since 2006
working with a macbook pro yosemite
i can get the vdj to work on my denon mc6000 in vdj7 but when try 8 something weird happens with filters etc
with the same song loaded on both sides one has more bass
the songs somehow go thru auto changes, how do i correct?
and when i hook up to denon mc4500 only one side works
mc5000 no sound at all going thru
please help
thx
Patrick

Posted Wed 21 Jan 15 @ 1:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)