Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual VDJ 8 Scratch Settings - Page: 2
djjeckyPRO InfinityMember since 2011
ramp start and stop is on 0.0. Ramp scratch is on 0.1. Is that ok? And yea, what else needs to be turned off? Using dm mc6000.

djfourmoney wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
djfourmoney wrote :
djjecky wrote :
found it. thanks. Now what do i set it to? I saw some comments here saying 2ms for example. Would i be able to change it from "Automatic" and enter a figure and what would be the best setting

As low as you can get it without introducing noise in the audio. 2ms is okay but it caused a slight delay similar to a belt-drive turntable. You have to nudge the track forward a bit to make sure if you're scratching the next song and releasing it on the downbeat, it stays on time.

i think its your setting that giving you problems, theres alot that need to be turned off...especially ramp up time that should be zero...which could be causing that lag.

How does ramp up impact scratching? You mean if the delay (or latency) I have is; I do dub, dub, dub and let go, it sort of "stops" then goes. As I said sort of like belt-drives that lack the torque of direct drive turntables?

What else would need to be turned off???

Posted Sun 02 Nov 14 @ 5:51 pm
hold on let me go and check everything i turned off. Gotta setup, had a gig this morning.

Smartscratch. off
All ramps set at zero. this one im just guessing them being zero will remove any software assistance.
the others that were on my mind are other things i turn off so when i use turntables its no software assistance.

Posted Sun 02 Nov 14 @ 6:02 pm
djjeckyPRO InfinityMember since 2011
did that and my songs started sounding like there was some flanger effect. i had to restore all settings to factory as i don't remember how everything was set before. Anyone remembers how to get tracks to load with the starting point on the cue not the beginning of the song?

Posted Thu 04 Dec 14 @ 7:26 am

" my rampScratchTime is at 0.000000. Let me know what you think. "

Thank you! That's the setting I was missing!

My system:
VDJ8
Win 7
Intel core i7-2720QM CPU 2.20GHz
10.00 GB RAM
64-Bit

Posted Wed 08 Apr 15 @ 7:52 pm
DJ L8SPRO InfinityMember since 2011
djjecky wrote :
K im using mac with vdj8. But havent seen latency in vdj settings/configurations. Where do i find it, is it reworded?

Go into the settings cog of VDJ 8 (top left)...go to options... in the middle of the pane click the drop down menu to read "all settings"
1. Now scroll down past audio and change the crossfader curve to scratch.
2. Keep scrolling down to "controllers" and a few below that adjust the jog sensitivity scratch to personal preference (i have at 1.0), however try a few to see what your system handles well.

Hope that helps.

Posted Mon 24 Oct 16 @ 8:50 pm
You're replying to a two year old message....

Posted Mon 24 Oct 16 @ 8:53 pm
djfourmoney wrote :
wickedmix wrote :
if you set pitchQuality to 1 it also improves scratching sound might help out :-)

keep in mind this makes master tempo sounds less then desirable lol

What's with the smile and the LOL?

I am hip hop Dj, I scratch with real music, not beats like turntablist do. That is not a diss, just reality, they only play music when required, the rest of the time its break beats.

I want to be able to do standard baby scratching without any latency or delays.

That is why I asked how far you can go with settings before you make the sound suffer or anything to do with standard beat mixing.

Posted Thu 21 Sep 23 @ 12:10 am