Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: All VDJ output is coming out of only Channel 1 of my external mixer - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

All of the virtual dj output is going through one channel of my mixer. I find this odd since the other cdj 400 is connected and controlling deck 2 of virtual dj yet none of it's output is coming out of channel 2 of my mixer, as it normally would if disconnected from the computer and vdj.

This all means i can't kill the bass etc of the individual deck channels, instead i can only EQ the 'master' (as channel 1 is now acting) which is pretty useless to me.

I know that my mixer isn't a usb mixer but the fact that both the virtual dj channels are playing through one channels makes me think that, using the right configuration, I may be able to separate them.

Hope someone can shed some light on this issue.

Cheers.

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 2:48 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
How does your Mac see the CDJ sound cards ? As one with 4 channels or 2 sound cards with 2 channels each ? Can you post a screenshot of the Audio Midi Setup (applications-->Utilities) and the Audio configuration that you use with Virtualdj ?

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 3:54 pm
Hi djdad,

Do you have an email I could send them to or is there a facility on here to upload screenshots as I can't find one?

They are seen as 2 USB devices, each with 0 in/ 2 out.

Virtual dj config - Output: external mixer, Sound card: 2 cards.

My mac recognises them as to 2 MIDI inputs, but in VDJ I only have one pioneer cdj 400 to select in the config section. Plus, this time round both of the decks are now synchronised.

Cheers.

Posted Sun 29 Jun 14 @ 11:21 am
Are you using version 7 or 8 ?

For version 7, you should get the Pioneer CDJ400 twice in the Config ->Sound setup (drop down list when you select 2 sound card option)
If not, then you may need to create an aggregate device in the audio Midi Setup and include both CDJ sound cards to that.

for MIDI, goto config->Mappers tab. You will need only one CDJ400 listed there, but if you click on the Mappers Options button , right next to the list, you should get ->Deck Assignment and 2 CDJ400 to assign one to deck a and one to deck 2.

You dont have purchased (registered any license), so all the above will be limited to 10mins each time you restart the software.

If you wish to post here any screenshots, you will need to upload them to a server or Dropbox and share the links here.

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 7:46 pm
DJAVIPPRO (OEM)Member since 2016
in ver. 7.4.1 OSX 10.7.5 when i make an a aggregate from two cdj 400 i need to pick in the two sound cards setup one: the aggregate 400 and two: the cdj 400 ?
This setup is right ?

Posted Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 7:35 pm
No, if you have correctly created an aggregate device and have included both CDJs there, then in Sound Setup of version 7, you need to select the 4out option in Sound cards and the aggregate device from the list on the right. (and External mixer in the Outputs too)

Posted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 12:47 am

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 10:24 pm
I will be able to work with a pair of CDJs400 and Mac this Sunday, so if indeed something is changed from the above wiki link, we will update that of course.

Posted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 5:33 am
Let us know how it worked...

Posted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 5:38 pm
Ok, i tested both version 7 and 8 with a pair of CDJs 400 and a Mac. The first time i plugged both of them, one of the CDJs was not properly detected in Audio Midi Setup. One was detected as CDJ400 (2out) and the other one as USB Device (2out). I then replugged both of them and saw both of them nicely. Thats probably an OSX bug (yes Macs have bugs too lol). We have seen this behavior with various controllers.
Other than that both the wiki page of version 7 and auto -setup of version 8 are correct (no aggregate device is required). If the decks are swapped, there are various ways to change that (Audio Setup, Mappers tab and decks assignment and the EJECT button).
Btw, we have changed the behavior of all CDJs in version 8, To perform the DECK change, you need to press the EJECT button for more than 1.5 sec , to prevent unwanted deck swap when you eject a CD.

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 3:27 pm
When you select two sound cards setup it detects the two 400 as one Because you can not change the cdj 400 name in 10.9 Audio Midi Setup so you must create a sound card that has a different name And in this case aggregate device is needed, in OSX 10.6 10.7 you can change the name to cdj400-1 cdj400-2.
in which OSX you test it ?

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 4:13 pm
Sound setup was exactly as the Wiki page describes. It showed 2 identical sound cards (same name)

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 3:31 pm
Hello all....I do believe I am having the same problem because I just purchased a new mac! (I hate it so far) I have 2 NDX900's and only getting sound from one side of the mixer. I did notice that both USB audio codec in the sound card config has the same name and not differentiated by #2 for the second car and I think thats where my problem is coming from but still trying to follow this post to reconcile the issue. Thanks in advance! v

Posted Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 12:33 pm
DJ SWID wrote :
in ver. 7.4.1 OSX 10.7.5 when i make an a aggregate from two cdj 400 i need to pick in the two sound cards setup one: the aggregate 400 and two: the cdj 400 ?
This setup is right ?

Try what I wrote here it works for me

Posted Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 6:50 pm
If you choose the "2 Sound cards" option and select the first sound card in the first list and the 2nd sound card in the 2nd list, then the aggregate device should be auto-created. No need to create it manually.

Posted Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 11:44 pm
Good Morning group,
I have been emailing back and fourth with vdj staff on my problem with connecting my Numark NDX900's & mixer up to my new macbook. The person is stumped to what is going on and has asked me to come to the forum for help.
Inputs - None
Output - External Mixer
Sound Card - 2 USB Audio Codec (I believe this is where my problem is lying bc in my windows pc, these 2 cards are differentiated with a #2 on one card but in the mac, they are represented with the same name)
On the mapper side, I have set them on decks 1 & 2 and get sound!!!
The decks are synced and i get music out of my speakers BUT only on one side of the mixer ONLY!!!
Im trying to get this set up before the weekend when I work so if any one can direct me to the proper set up.....I would appreciate it!
Thanks in advance

Posted Thu 10 Jul 14 @ 8:20 am
@djdad......On this macbook, the option to choice which card to use like in windows is NOT there! Only Built in Output and USB Audio Codec are the only choices that are given.

Posted Thu 10 Jul 14 @ 8:57 am
in pc the third option setup should always be ASIO, I know what your problem is therefore recommended that you do what I wrote, If the SC name is the same he would output the same sound in the two channels.

Posted Thu 10 Jul 14 @ 3:39 pm
Just a minute... do you see the Numark NDX900 in the mac audio midi setup ?

Posted Thu 10 Jul 14 @ 3:42 pm
Yes, Windows number the sound cards if more than 2 of the same exist. Macs dont. If you take a look at Applications->Utilities->Audio Midi Setup, you will probably see both sound cards detected by the same name as 2out.
So in VirtualDJ, you will just have to select the 1st one from the list for the top option and the 2nd one from the list for the other one.

Not sure why the 2 sound cards options is not available in your Mac.. It should. Have you tried the Advanced Sound setup instead ?

Posted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 12:10 am
95%