Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Recording on Virtual DJ 8 - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
What recording format are you using?
Did you try playing them in VDJ?
What file size is the recording?
What files were you using to mix? Were they content unlimited files?

Posted Sun 10 Jan 16 @ 6:26 pm
I want to record a mix and i when i press record it just says waiting for sound to begin recording and when i play something it still says the same thing. when i press stop recording and listen back to it there's no sound or anything

Posted Sat 23 Jul 16 @ 10:22 am
bigal197 wrote :
it just says waiting for sound to begin recording

You can change that setting (see the manual).

bigal197 wrote :
when i play something it still says the same thing

What's your VDJ audio config? For instance if you're using an external mixer setup then you can't record from the internal mixer (it's not being used).

Posted Sat 23 Jul 16 @ 10:37 am
this is my audio config it just doesn't record any sound coming from either decks or any sound at all

Posted Sat 23 Jul 16 @ 10:56 am
Pease read what I said above regarding an "external mixer" setup.

Posted Sat 23 Jul 16 @ 11:01 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
For 'record' you didn't select any sound card. You should select the sound card where you plugged in the cable coming back from your mixer to your pc there.

You also have both deck 1 and deck 2 coming out of the same output (channels 1&2 of the same sound card), so I'm not sure how you have everything connected.
If you don't have an external mixer, and just have your pc connected to your speakers you should remove the record line, and use a 'master' output instead of 'deck 1' and 'deck 2' (click the 'speaker only' button)

Posted Sat 23 Jul 16 @ 11:07 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)