Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Sampler - Wishes & new features - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

MrJackson2014 wrote :
without a small delay during the transition

I would say the answer is "no".

I just tried loading a few of the VDJ 8 samples into a deck and using repeat_song to loop them, and it's not as tight as when they're played in the sampler.

Posted Wed 22 Apr 15 @ 11:53 am
That's what I was afraid off...

Posted Wed 22 Apr 15 @ 2:28 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
groovindj wrote :

I just tried loading a few of the VDJ 8 samples into a deck and using repeat_song to loop them, and it's not as tight as when they're played in the sampler.

I've got a load of amen samples and they repeat sweet on the deck.
Instant recordings are song repeating ok too.

Maybe those samples are out?

Posted Wed 22 Apr 15 @ 3:15 pm
Well they shouldn't be, as they work fine in the sampler - and as the idea is to emulate the sampler using a deck, it was logical to try those.

Ideally we'd have tweakable in and out points so the loop could be fine tuned as it played.

Posted Wed 22 Apr 15 @ 4:12 pm
The V8 samples don't strictly have to be perfect loops, they could have the in & out points tweaked, I don't have the stock ones anymore.

try recording a loop from a deck and put that loop on a deck, tempo wise the loop sounds fine.

Posted Wed 22 Apr 15 @ 5:56 pm
While on the subject of Sampler features, let me (try) to explain:

I have a track going on a deck. I hit a sampler pad and the sample is to be looped, synced to CBG, and BPM matched to the track. That seems to work fine most of the times.
But if I do it the other way around. Hit a sampler pad in prior starting the track on the deck. Will the track ALSO be synced and BPM matched to the sample?

Posted Thu 23 Apr 15 @ 1:31 am
I don't know, try it, it doesn't cost anything.

Posted Thu 23 Apr 15 @ 4:29 am
:)
I tried it, but I am not sure if I'm doing something wrong.
I do not get it to sync.

Posted Thu 23 Apr 15 @ 4:48 am
I don't know for certain, but I'd imagine that only decks generate a "master clock" - so when you start a deck first, then a sample, it syncs to the deck.......but when you only have a sample running, there is no master, therefore when you start a deck it doesn't sync.

I agree it's not ideal. Another reason for having the ability to use decks as samplers. :-)

Posted Sat 25 Apr 15 @ 8:48 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
A deck will loop sample-accurate as long as the file you load is sample-accurate in length to be an exact number of beats.
For vdj samples, it's indeed possible that the in and out points have been adjusted. In that case the full sample will not have the correct length for perfect looping on the deck.
When you record a loop from a deck to a sample, it may also depend on the file format of the original file if the sample will be a sample-accurate loop, or if in/out points have been adjusted.

Posted Mon 27 Apr 15 @ 1:11 pm
Clipping lines and resizing wave form on gain adjustment in editor

Posted Sun 03 May 15 @ 2:57 am
A nice feature would be to have the possibility to assign a sampler bank to a track.
When loading a track, the predefined sampler bank opens.
This is especially useful if having lots of samples related to specific songs.

Posted Tue 12 May 15 @ 2:02 pm
Possible already with script.

I can't recall exactly, something like

get_title & param_equal "YourTitle1" ? sampler_bank "bankName" : param_equal "YourTitle2" ? etc etc....

That's on a button, you could have a repeat_start script to make it automatic, I'd quiz "load pulse" instead of constantly quizzing the title.

Posted Tue 12 May 15 @ 2:27 pm
Ok. You're the script master.
But - just like remix mode opens the sampler for remixpoints (extra hotcues) , there should be possible to also add samples to the slots.

Posted Wed 13 May 15 @ 1:20 am
I share scripts for 2 selfish reasons, One, staff can stay busy doing whatever their main task is; cool new stuff. Two, dj's who start to see scripts as a way to solve problems can have good reasoned ideas, even if they don't understand scripts fully. Half the scripts on my keyboard started out as someone else's "could I?" idea.

Recording direct to slots, indeed, we can but hope,
I clone out & loop these days to deck 5-8 because it's great to cue an intro beat and not even use the main body of the track.
I've even got a rough plugin that does the same but I think most users are a bit hesitant to think outside the box.

Posted Wed 13 May 15 @ 2:28 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
I would still like to have fader in / out on the sampler, it would be great for videos.
Could this be done with like a pre-setting at ex. 2 seconds?

Posted Fri 15 May 15 @ 11:30 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Is it possible now to have sampler volume to syn to master volume? This way you do not get a sudden louder sampler sounds that overpowers the master volume only to turn it down later.

Posted Mon 18 May 15 @ 10:24 am
Like an auto gain/level for samples? it's a reasonable request

Posted Mon 18 May 15 @ 4:39 pm
can we change the speed of the sample....

Posted Wed 10 Jun 15 @ 6:07 pm
Development Team,

Sampler should have something similar to serato "flip". Record your actions and playback direct from the sampler. Is this possible or would it require a complete rework.....

Posted Tue 16 Jun 15 @ 6:37 pm
28%