Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Link Video Feature Gone? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Has the linked video featured that was in VDJ7 and previous versions in which you dropped a visual on the preview window of an audio file and it paired them up gone as it doesnt seem to work anymore in 8 and I cant find a setting for it?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 6:10 pm
Have a look at Video Editor.

Page 69 of the User Guide. ;-)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 6:11 pm
Thanks.

Thats all very well and good, but a bit long winded.

The original linked video featured (which stores the link info in the database rather than creating new files on the music drive which will then be different to backup drives) could be used on the fly to drop various visuals over audio only tracks and when the visual has a click track it matched the BPM of the audio.

This new version seems very long winded and would need to be done in advance for litterally thousands of audio tracks instead a quick drop on the fly.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 6:22 pm
The video editor does not create any new files. It does the same as it did before. Create a small XML file that tells VDJ which video to play with which audio track and when.

I agree it may not be as quick as drag and drop - but the Video Editor is much more powerful. Give it try ;-)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 6:25 pm
glenskiPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Bring back the video linking, this new method is pants! I need to be able to drop video linking on the fly and not sod bout clicking things and editing blah blah

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:45 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
The video editor does not create any new files. It does the same as it did before. Create a small XML file that tells VDJ which video to play with which audio track and when.

I agree it may not be as quick as drag and drop - but the Video Editor is much more powerful. Give it try ;-)

I was quoting from the manual that says it creates a new file.

Does it create XML for each link or does it put them all in the main database as before?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:56 pm
glenski wrote :
Bring back the video linking, this new method is pants! I need to be able to drop video linking on the fly and not sod bout clicking things and editing blah blah

I agree, it needs to be quick.

The editor may be powerfull and have many other features which will be great when you have some time on your hands, but when at a gig and you have new audio files and no visuals linked...

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:58 pm
Please bring back this feature for the full release of VDJ8 :)

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 6:16 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
i know the video editor can be a quite powerful und universal tool
...but to be honest ...i miss this feature too....

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 6:46 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Keep the video editor by all means... in fact I'd like to see some more development of this in terms of quantising, cut and paste, syncing to audio tracks - but it would be nice to still have the option to just drop a video onto an audio track like before. The editor is great for preparing stuff in advance, but the old video link method is great when you're working on the fly during a gig.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 7:26 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
^this

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 7:33 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
djsherz wrote :
..The editor is great for preparing stuff in advance, but the old video link method is great when you're working on the fly during a gig.

That´s it...!

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 8:01 am

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 8:11 am
Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 8:52 am
DjdrockPRO InfinityMember since 2007
RobRoy wrote :

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 8:59 am
esgoezPRO InfinityMember since 2007
RobRoy wrote :

1++++
I also

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 9:38 am
BraenzuPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2007
esgoez wrote :
RobRoy wrote :

1++++
I also

1++++++++++++++++++

Braenzu

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 12:37 pm
Braenzu wrote :
esgoez wrote :
RobRoy wrote :

1++++
I also

1++++++++++++++++++

Braenzu

Yup here's another one that's missing this feature......

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 12:42 pm
This is a 100% required featured for video DJs. We must be able to play visuals if no video is available i.e. audio only tracks.

The only work around I can see is to add visuals to the sampler, but it plays the click track unless you edit the actual file with the editor which is then removing the audio clicktrack which is used by the link video function if choose to use VDJ7 or previous or if (hopefully) when the feature is bought back to VDJ8.

The link video in the same manor as it was on previous versions is a required feature.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 3:30 pm
HEAR HEAR!

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 7:32 pm
24%