Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Milkdrop - Page: 11

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SBDJ wrote :
A few other people have reported it but as yet I've been unable to replicate here.

I have a hunch so if anyone wants to try a test build let me know.

As im one of the unfortunates who also had the strobing, i'm quite willing to test any new builds out on my system Scot..

Posted Thu 11 Jun 15 @ 8:52 pm
dgbeardPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Solved my own curiosity of whether milkdrop7 and milkdrop8 could run on the same machine with VDJ 7.4.5 with VDJ 8 installed. I installed both of the Milkdrop versions and left the files in their installed locations. The only thing I had to do was select the "use hardware acceleration" in the VDJ 7 under the video tab; before I selected this I just got a blank video screen. I had mildrop7 selected for audio only for VDJ 7.4.5, and, of course, milkdrop8 selected for audio only in VDJ8. both worked well.

Posted Wed 17 Jun 15 @ 6:41 pm
WOW! Installed the "new" milkdrop8 because I have read about the more visuals.. And indeed! The new visuals are awesome! So nice to see there is still development everywhere.
Thumbs up!

Posted Thu 18 Jun 15 @ 1:49 am
mankanPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Hi!
I have just bought a new Win 8.1 PC with Intel i7, 8GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 850M and run VDJ 8.
It runs flawless with music and video etc. But when I install Milkdrop 8 something strange happen.
First, Milkdrop wont start when playing music. Second, the screen start flickering and after a while VDJ 8 freez.

Greatfull for suggestion how to solve this.

Posted Sat 07 Nov 15 @ 9:37 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Have you installed DirectX 9 as instructed?

Posted Sun 08 Nov 15 @ 12:41 am
I've just uploaded v1.5 of milkdrop8; it fixes a memory leak and bundles (and installs) the DirectX runtime libraries using the official MS installer. This should mean you no longer need to worry about installing DirectX yourself.

Posted Sun 08 Nov 15 @ 11:11 am
But it will only replaces the older or missing DX runtime files?

Not that I suddenly have older versions.

I have DX 11 is installed

Posted Sun 08 Nov 15 @ 4:43 pm
You'll still need DX9.

If you redownload the plugin now, it should automatically install what it needs as part of it's installation process.

Posted Sun 08 Nov 15 @ 6:13 pm
Ok I've already understood.
What I meant was.
I do not want the update of my DX files are replaced by older ones.

Posted Sun 08 Nov 15 @ 6:24 pm
These are DX9 specific files, they won't affect anything else :)

Posted Sun 08 Nov 15 @ 7:29 pm
ChreecePRO (OEM)Member since 2014
Win 10, nvidia 840m
I still have the flickerings when i play mp4 files (msecs showing the original video or still image of the file between the transitions of milkdrop)
I lowered the fps of skin from 60 to 30 and the frequency of the flickerings dropped i think, but still there

Posted Mon 09 Nov 15 @ 1:25 pm
Can you rename your settings.xml so as to get default settings and retest for me?

Posted Mon 09 Nov 15 @ 5:09 pm
i will try tomorrow..

Posted Mon 09 Nov 15 @ 9:02 pm
I think the problem is gone now, i will have more feedback on Weekend after my performance...

Posted Tue 10 Nov 15 @ 4:00 pm
I tested it yesterday again, i still have flickerings but not so often as before...

Posted Sat 14 Nov 15 @ 2:43 pm
mankanPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Hi!
Sorry for late reply!
I installed the newest Milkdrop version and it solve my problem with flickering screen.
Seems to run stable now :)

Posted Mon 23 Nov 15 @ 8:39 pm
My issue is back with milkdrop (the latest version). The issue is while in automix and milkdrop as audio only vis when the track gets to the end and transitions, as soon as the next video is loaded the output blinks once. It does this everytime a file is loaded. If I turn milkdrop off I get no such issue.

Posted Sun 29 Nov 15 @ 8:22 pm

Posted Mon 21 Dec 15 @ 9:17 am
I actually have a working projectM plugin for Mac :)

I have some concerns as to it's reliability however, so some testing is in order. I'll arrange some beta testing after the holidays are done :)

Posted Mon 21 Dec 15 @ 1:29 pm
Any development on ProjectM plugin for mac users?

Posted Sat 02 Apr 16 @ 9:58 pm
91%