Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: First impressions - Page: 38

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Maybe I am just too used to the way things were. . But there are a lot of things I did with 7 that were pre set and now they are absent or just not functioning the same way. . I used to look at last weeks history and could sort them by BPM (Not Now) and I really don't care what time I played them. . I knew how to sort them in play order if I wanted to. I used to be able to save a "side view" to a play list (How do I do that now?) And put the "Side List" under my search.. I don't want "suggestions" from other DJs, or internet traffic and communication muddying up my experience. Perhaps there should be a "Classic" mode that feels more like 7.. Sucks getting something tweaked they way you are used to being and have the rug pulled out from you. . And Mapping is driving me crazy I use the Hercules RMX... 1 and 4 were my hot cues, 2 and 5 were loop in/out, and 3 and 6 were various effects... I used to be able to hold any of the buttons (1-6) for a bit and a pop up would allow me to change them. . . Not anymore :( My biggest grief with mapping right now is that a few mapped buttons are not functioning the same as they were in 7 with the same settings. . .

Backspin effect doesn't sound at all as impressive as the old version.

Nice moving forward, . But sucks when lot of it feels like I have gone backwards. . .

Posted Sun 30 Nov 14 @ 8:29 pm
I also forgot to mention that entire playlist and histories are X out and won't load. . I have to "Relocate missing file" which does nothing to the playlist when I close and reopen the program, . All those relocated missing files are lost again.

I am a working DJ, I cannot afford a buggy, laggy program that doesn't work the way I need it to work. . .

Posted Sun 30 Nov 14 @ 8:33 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
To sort your history list by BPM, you should be able to click on the BPM header of the brower (if you've enabled it) after loading your history list.

For the lists being X'd out. These are m3u lists that use the actual file path. If anything in that path has changed, they won't be found. It may be as simple as your drive was given a different letter. VDJ will automatically fix its database for the letter. There are also playlist fixing tools to repair them. If relocating them is fixing the links to the files, then load that list into automix and resale the playlist. This will keep the changes after a VDJ restarts.

You can still put the playlist under the browser, the option is in config.
I don't think there is a way to directly save the side list, the automix list can do that or you can drag the list into a virtual folder.

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 10:57 pm
I'm impressed how vdj 8 quickly loading ,analyzing the track!,stability and working smoothly I love it !
Thanks Atomix for the hard work !

Posted Wed 03 Dec 14 @ 7:11 am
djjeckyPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi all. Quick question. Is there any way to have hold to play option on cue points like on the cue button or samples?

Posted Wed 03 Dec 14 @ 7:15 am
Very impressed here, i havent used it in a dj show yet, but havent experienced any problems so far. Works flawlessly with my SZ. Great work Team Virtual Dj. :)

Posted Tue 09 Dec 14 @ 6:38 am
nice new features but it crashes way too much to use at a real gig. I was doing an automix of Holiday songs and it crashed on Yosemite

Posted Fri 12 Dec 14 @ 9:06 am
I'm an Imac user. I had a small learning curve switching from Version 7. I DJ on the net 5 nights a week and I never crash! I love Version 8, however, I'd like to see a forum or an email, telling us what is in our updates, so we don't have to discover it blindly. Keep it up VDJ!!

Posted Sun 04 Jan 15 @ 3:02 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posted Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 7:53 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

I've only just installed VDJ8 on my gig machine.

First impressions (several hours) are mixed.

The positive: Great sound quality and master tempo is now very useable, the sound configuration was very quick and easy.

The negative: It was highly unstable and crashed a number of times (unresponsive), my hard drive disconnecting during use seemed to be one of the triggers.

A lot of settings needed to be found and adjusted to have a more VDJ7 like experience, which less experienced users may find frustrating.

The interface, with the exception of the improved resolution/detail feels gimmicky, and I preferred the darker and cleaner look of VDJ7.

The waveforms haven't really been improved, they still lack the usable detail that Serato offers.

Posted Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 9:51 am
I would definitely start with the hard drive disconnecting issue. I assume this is an external? If the OS is seeing it connect and disconnect over and over, it will cause problems across the whole system, as well as VDJ.

as far as the wave forms, have you tried going through all the different options on the deck and above display? Some people have missed the available settings.

Posted Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 9:59 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Yes it's an external drive and it uses the smaller more temperamental USB connections, so any movement of the cable during operation usually causes it to disconnect temporarily, which is annoying of course, however VDJ7 with the same hardware has never once crashed as a result of this, but VDJ8 crashes everytime...

Posted Thu 08 Jan 15 @ 9:48 am
Just an FYI, and outside of the VDJ8 issue your having. Repetitive power losses are extremely bad for hard drives. Premature failure and possible data loss is highly probable.

Can you copy some of your library to your internal drive and test without the external at all?

Posted Thu 08 Jan 15 @ 12:25 pm
Virtual 8 una maravilla de Desarrollo de Software, solo una observación.... en el caso de los temas de karaoke, se podria mejorar ya que los mejores temas o temas hits de todos los cantantes que he revisado no se encuentran, por ejemplo Elton Jhon . Tema Sacrifice, no esta, Alvaro torres De punta a punta, y asi sucesivamente, este detalle se podría mejorar insertando estos temas en la base de datos de Hits Latinos

Posted Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 8:31 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Por favor, escriba en Inglés o utilizar el foro para su idioma.

Posted Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 8:46 am
Has anyone had a problem purchasing a Subscription to the Pro Software? I have tried numerous times and keep getting an error message. I have asked Technical Support but have yet to hear back from them.

Posted Sun 22 Feb 15 @ 6:03 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Not that I've heard of, What is the error message? And when did you submit your support ticket?

Posted Sun 22 Feb 15 @ 6:45 pm
I've spent a few hours with VDJ8 and thought I'd post my impressions.
Excellent - sound quality, able to use the VDJ7 skin as I don't need a lot of the FX stuff
Good - the sampler now I've worked out how to use it, the ability to change many things through options including returning the sidelist especially as I can now put it in BPM order by selecting it on the right hand window, ability to port history across from V7
Not so good - Both desktop and laptop programs crashed the first time I tested them, fortunately this seems to be a one off occasion, POI editor which doesn't seem able to set the load point on automix no matter what option I try, and generally seems to be an incredibly complicated way of setting a simple load it here cuepoint, the headphones preview deck that now requires the info panel to be displayed which takes up valuable real desktop real estate
Suggestions - a simpler way of setting a simple cuepoint that is respected in automix as well as when loading to a deck, an option to have an autocue at start of track unless a cuepoint exists and then go to that, a preview option at the bottom of the automix / sidelist panel, and finally a whats new when an update is available pops up - having spent many years with computers I'm very suspicious of updates which can kill a perfectly working system. EDIT - just found the whats new part of the forum - how about adding a link to the do you want to update message?
Its a great step forward, very well done guys!

Posted Mon 16 Mar 15 @ 12:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)