Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Denon MC6000 mk2 Latency problems - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks PhantomDeejay for the clarification, now my situation (and not only mine I think) is:
With the original driver v1.0.1 latency is very high and the controller is unusable with VDJ 8, what can I do? Use Serato DJ?

The only temporary solution for me is using driver v2.2.2, and maybe team can fix the Definition because the unit seems to work good, exept for the midi initialization when VDJ start for what I see, do you see any other MIDI problem Phantom?
Considering that also Moramax told me that I'm not the only one with this latency problem, where is the issue? VirtualDJ 8 or Denon driver?
Do someone of the VDJ team have informed Denon about this driver issue? If the issue are the drivers...

I have tried also ASIO4ALL but that driver with this unit are not ok, with latency at 1024 or higher I listen a lot of dropout, and using the unit in WASAPI doesn't work, the tracks waves remain stopped.

Posted Fri 24 Oct 14 @ 1:03 pm
the problem is that there isen't written a prober low latency ASIO driver for this product at this moment in time .. all you can do is see yourself saticsfied with the pink noise that the v2.22 driver gives you in case you want low latency, or you could use the original driver for pure sound quality but then have a extra soundcard (for headset output) that support low latency as my XONAR U7 to mix in, though I might note that you loose support to mix master and cue together, leaving you with using pure cue cause you can't mix to the master .. and another problem which seems to be controlling volume for the headset .. of course also leaving a last option of getting two soundcards that supports low latency ASIO, to cover both headset and master, and in that package you can chose a headset soundcard that can support mixing in input from master card with cue .. love that last solution though ;)

Posted Fri 24 Oct 14 @ 1:40 pm
actually, I forgot, I kind of found a cheap and somewhat usable solution..
Numark DJ|iO
http://www.numark.com/product/djio
though that only provides you with RCA, but I guess it's still better than what you have atm .. but then of course running the unit with the intended driver .. meaning v1.0.1.. and then redirecting all sound to the DJIO ..

Posted Sat 25 Oct 14 @ 2:21 pm
kind of lame, but I just figured I have 8 channels avalible on my XONAR and also solved the whole volumie and master mixing issues, just did'n look to much at the software yet ;) but damn I like this program, well build :) and so far very stable for me, I guess soon I'll go some long strecthes with it .. :)

Posted Sun 26 Oct 14 @ 12:43 pm
PurePowerPlant I'm not interested to buy another sound card and with driver v2.2.2 I don't listen any noise from this unit, for the moment I remain with this driver in waiting from a fix from Denon.
I have tested the unit on 2 anothers powerful pc and with original driver v1.0.1 the latency remain unacceptable.

Try to listen if the audio of my video review it's bad or not, for me no (sorry but the review is in Italian, so don't pay attention to what I say and listen only the music)

@ PhantomDeejay
Do you listen any noise with driver v2.2.2?

Posted Mon 27 Oct 14 @ 2:40 am
I'm sorry, but I'm just hearing the device playing music over speakers during the whole video, and they never play a direct recording of the output.. ? and by the sound on the video it seems that there are also other noise in the room he's in ..
waves amplify waves, this is a fundamental law, that also counts for the frequencies that carry music.. which means if a device by default procudes noise, there will always be noise.. if you turn up the music, you also turn up the noise .. the fact is that you can easily hear the diffrence in what driver you are using one is noiseless, just try and turn it up, as said in some of my earlier posts, and then try both drivers, you just need half way volume .. the aim has always and should keep be to keep as little noise in the music in general..
I mean isen't this suppose to be a quality products , or am I buying it for my kids to play with only ?

Posted Mon 27 Oct 14 @ 9:18 am
cioce wrote :

@ PhantomDeejay

I will have to test the unit again and report back. Most likely within 24 hours! :)

Posted Mon 27 Oct 14 @ 10:48 am
moramaxPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Posted Mon 27 Oct 14 @ 11:35 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
cioce wrote :
@ PhantomDeejay

I will have to test the unit again and report back. Most likely within 24 hours! :)

Thanks man, are you able to have a good latency with the original driver v1.0.1?
After having tried on 3 different powerful computers with VDJ 8, I'm almost convinced that the original drivers are a good piece of shit!

Posted Mon 27 Oct 14 @ 11:56 am
I can't really say much about wiether some people have the capacity to hear what I'm talking about, but if you in any way doubt what I'm telling you there are machines that can prove that it's a fact .. if you can't hear it lucky for you.. doesn't change the fac that it's not there with the V1.0.1 driver and for sure is unacceptable from a professional device .. it still seems to me though that noone actually tried what I asked them to, to turn it up halfway with both frivers in and hear the difffrence.. and well you can turn it up full wiith the V1.0.1 no issues.. though I would turn it down again before starting any music ..

Posted Mon 27 Oct 14 @ 2:20 pm
I see they suggest two different asio drivers on the laptop ... but what do you do if you use both an HC4500 AND a MC6000 (version1). Then what should you do?

Posted Tue 19 Apr 16 @ 8:28 pm
Denon DJ ASIO V2.22

Posted Tue 19 Apr 16 @ 11:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)