Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Choose Color of Players

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Would be nice if there was a button on each deck to allow us to choose what color the decks are. I realize that blue and red are the official VDJ colors of the players, but I cant imagine it would be difficult to allow the skin to remain the same and let us colorize it as we like

J

Posted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 7:34 am
As it stands currently you would have to create each skin element (button, knob, platter) in every color option.

Nice idea though. Maybe in a future release.

Posted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 7:49 am
Nice idea, maybe someone could script a tool?

Something like

Element color (status select/mouse over/unselect)- > select -> change to color
Font color -> select -> change to color
Wave color(status)....Background etc etc

Amazing, but I'm just a DJ and no Dev....

Posted Wed 02 Apr 14 @ 9:43 am
Yeah, if VDJ 8 uses the same skin system as 7 (bitmaps) then it can't easily be done. It's like having a photo on your computer and deciding to make the sky green. You'd need to load it into editing software, change it, save it.

Software that uses the operating system to draw the GUI, like Ableton Live, can easily change colour. Live users still call them skins but they're really just a colour scheme.

Posted Wed 02 Apr 14 @ 9:55 am
Even if we had a button to just change the colors of the waveforms and play/cue buttons that would be helpful. I think that can be done in the xml, I'm dont know exactly how you would make it work in real time though

Posted Wed 02 Apr 14 @ 2:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)