Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: help with a mix for a wedding

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hello my name is nour, im from amman jordan, my wedding is in 3 months , we dont have good djs here i downloaded virtual dj and dont know how to use it i just need to crop some portions of a song and mix it with another song.. can someone please be so kind to me and help me please with it?? only if someone has some spare time to do so.. that would mean so much to me as its my first dance song..

thank you so much

Posted Sun 16 Mar 14 @ 8:15 pm
Hello guys ! no one has replied to my thread, i have recently asked a dj back in my country jordan to crop parts of the song that i want and mix it with another song.. he said he cant crop a song which is weird as i read many threads and many said it could be done using virtual dj!! can someone please help me crop parts of the song please my wedding is coming up and i really need it please if someone is kind enough to help me i would appreciate it allllooot

Posted Sat 29 Mar 14 @ 4:39 pm
Do yo still need help auto mixing with virtual dj program?

Posted Fri 04 Apr 14 @ 3:58 pm
hello there !! thank god someone replied to me :))))))) i really need it for my wedding.. i have asked a dj in my country he couldnt do it.. i want to crop parts of a song and mix it with another song please.. would you be able to help me? can i have your email please if its easier to talk.. thank you so much i really appreciate it..

nour

Posted Sat 05 Apr 14 @ 7:54 pm
nourshaban1 wrote :
can i have your email please

That's not going to happen, because both of you are "no license" users.

Users without a VDJ license are not permitted to post contact details such as email addresses.

It has already been suggested to you in a duplicate post you made, that you could use audio editing software such as Audacity to crop songs. There are many videos on YouTube which show how this is done.

If you struggle with that, then for anyone to assist - you will have to provide MUCH more detail about your requirements.

Posted Sun 06 Apr 14 @ 6:43 am
OKAY YOU DONT HAVE TO BE SO MEAN YOU CAN TALK TO ME IN A NICER WAY ALL IM ASKING FOR IS SOME HELP !!! I DIDNT ASK FOR A 1 million dollars..

Posted Sun 06 Apr 14 @ 12:30 pm
Please do not type in all caps. That is also against forum rules.

No one is being mean to you. It's not hard to crop some parts from a song. Even people who are not DJs can do it.

Have you even tried to do it yourself?

For someone here to do it, you will need to name the songs and describe exactly how you want them changed.

Posted Mon 07 Apr 14 @ 5:12 am
im sorry :( im just so frustrated.. i have been trying for a month.. i couldnt do it i swear :( because its for my wedding and no one can help me. basically its two song.. one is a cover by one republic for if i lose my self tonight and the background music i want to use with it to mix it is the same song but just violins..

can you do it for me or help me do it?? i have everything written down where i want to cut it like the timings

thank you im sorry again

Posted Mon 07 Apr 14 @ 11:21 pm
Maybe there is a language or translation problem here, but If I Lose Myself is an original song by OneRepublic, not a cover.

As explained in the other thread you started (why did you do that?) it is not possible to separate vocals from music of a song once it's recorded. If you mix two colours of paint together, you cannot separate them. The same applies to vocals and music.

What you need (just vocals) is commonly called an acapella. If there is an acapella version of the song then mixing it with a violin version (by who?) may be possible.

However there may be a problem with timing, if the violin version is played by another artist then it may not align correctly with the original. In that case, blending them together would be labour intensive and not something that people would be likely to do for free.

Posted Tue 08 Apr 14 @ 6:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)