Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Ok this is crazy!!! - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PtownDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
It shows 2 cards

AMD Radeon HD 6750m
Intel HD Graphics 3000 with 512mb of dedicated video ram

Posted Sun 13 Apr 14 @ 8:16 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Then you need to activate the better one first:
http://www.virtualdj.com/homepage/Haui70/blogs/4766/Macbook_Pro_OSX_video_settings_.html

BUT at the moment the Mac version does have some problems with HD videos which could be out of sync.
So best would be to use at the moment just vids with SD quality.

Also sometimes the video output can freeze!
So create a keyboard shortcut with the action video.

In the rare case the video output will freeze (adui is still running) just hit the button twice and the freeze is gone within a second.

Posted Mon 14 Apr 14 @ 2:56 am
I'll give it a shot… I'll be playing in the Bahamas all week so i won't be able to report back for a week or so… Wish me luck!

Thank you

Chris.

Posted Mon 14 Apr 14 @ 7:21 am
Hi All,

I have always used PC's (actually still do for music), but recently got a MacBook Pro to run videos, so please understand I really don't know my way around a Mac. The new MacBook is a dedicated VDJ machine, using a LaCie Rugged 2TB External, via a Thunderbolt connection. I am having similar Freezing problems, VDJ will play for may by an hour then freeze.

I know with PC's there can be a problem with the USB ports "Going to Sleep". Is it possible that the same thing is happening to the Thunderbolt Port? If so how do you disable the autosuspend function?

I have read "djmagicmoments" comments about switching video Cards and will try that as well.

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 4:21 pm
Unfortunately switching the video card did nothing for me… Ive pretty much given up trying to do anything about the freezing other then when it happens i go into Config and turn it off and on again… Hopefully this has been fixed in VDJ 8, but its going to be a while before i trust it enough to make the switch live… So far i do not know of anyone who is willing to make the switch… Its going to take some getting used to.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 4:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)