Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Broadcasting to Mixify

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm trying to broadcast from VDJ Pro 7.4 to Mixify and get a Broadcast Error, however it does connect to their server. I've read thru a bunch of post regarding the configuration, forwarded ports etc... and contact both support organizations and still cannot connect. I'm able to broadcast to listentomyradio.com and others but not to Mixify. Has anyone successfully broadcast out of VDJ to Mixify? If so, please provide the configuration.

Posted Tue 10 Dec 13 @ 1:41 am
You just need to make sure you choose Icecast (and not shoutcast), and the server field with mount point.

If your settings are correct - check your firewall and router, to make sure VDJ can connect to the internet, and use the port in use for broadcast.

like this :

icecast
-virtualdj-2.jpg" border="0">

Posted Tue 10 Dec 13 @ 9:00 am
Or as they put it themselves, the 3 reasons for not being able to connect :

Mixify Team
It's most ALWAYS one of three things:
1) Improper Icecast settings: Double and Triple check that you're settings are copied into VDJ correctly - and that there's no spaces before of after them.

2) Firewall / Antivirus / Ad Blocker / Plugins: Certain types of these can prevent data from being transferred.

3) Cracked Software: are usually just non-expire demo version, with lacking features, and connection blocks

Posted Tue 10 Dec 13 @ 9:02 am
I double checked the configuration and even did a print screen which I emailed to their tech support. They verified that my config was correct. They also had me conduct a test using a utility (BUTT) which I was able to connect with. I get Server answered" which means that I connected to Mixify properly, but Virtual DJ is rejecting the broadcast. Ad blockers turned off, ports forwarded and legal copy. Has anyone got this to actually work?

Posted Tue 10 Dec 13 @ 1:38 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
As far as i know is only icecast without mountpoints possible.

Does Mixify use mountpoints?

Posted Wed 11 Dec 13 @ 9:32 am
Here is a snapshot of the config that they claim is correct and should work.

Posted Thu 12 Dec 13 @ 1:30 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Ok, but from that point of view VDJ should not be the problem.

Hope i can get some extra time this weekend to create a own Mixify account for a test.
Will let you know.

Posted Fri 13 Dec 13 @ 1:51 am
Richie Saint wrote :
Here is a snapshot of the config that they claim is correct and should work.

that setting is wrong.

You put the "mount point" in the name field in broadcast settings.. It should not be there. Rather put your DJ name there.

The mount point goes into the SERVER field, after url.

Server: broadcast.mixify.com/23423423xx.ogg

And even if you can connect with other test software, you might still have VDJ blocked in your firewall.
Double check that VDJ can actually connect to internet

icecast
-virtualdj-2.jpg" border="0">

Posted Fri 13 Dec 13 @ 8:12 am

You were correct. Once I added the mount point to the server field I was able to broadcast.

Thank you very much!!!!!

Posted Sat 14 Dec 13 @ 3:56 pm

No problem ;) glad it works ;)

Posted Sun 15 Dec 13 @ 8:50 am
How can I get a mount path?

Posted Thu 17 Apr 14 @ 7:29 am
Mouth path you get from the server or host or website you broadcast to.
Ask them about that ;)

Posted Thu 17 Apr 14 @ 7:38 am
Ive just joined mixify and everything is working fine but im not getting my tracklist up on mixify has anyone else had this issue ?

Posted Wed 10 Sep 14 @ 9:17 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)