Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Trouble with Gemini First mix pro

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello, I am having some serious issues with a newly purchased Gemini First Mix Pro. The set up was easy ran the software and then hooked up the player to my laptop. Loaded my itunes collection and I was ready to get going, but a few things happened. I loaded 2 songs and played the song on the left controller. Hit play on the right controller to preview the song before mixing- this was were the problems started. I could not hear the preview song thru the headphones .The player has 2 headphone buttons on the unit. When I pressed the preview song was now coming thru the speakers. The software also had a headphone icon to preview the song and it did not work. I am a old school Dj so I was really looking for a quick set up to just jam in my home. I thought that this unit would at least allow some basic mixing- but without the ability to hear the track on the preview is unacceptable. I welcome any suggestions, at his point I may just have to return it and get another player.

Posted Sat 23 Nov 13 @ 5:58 pm
You just need to configure the sound correctly. Presumably the Firstmix came with instructions.

Posted Sat 23 Nov 13 @ 6:32 pm
The sound is config perfectly, that is not the problem.

Posted Sat 23 Nov 13 @ 6:39 pm
If it was configured correctly, you wouldn't be having any issues!

Give as much detail as possible about your setup.

Presumably (as you're posting here) you're using it with Virtual DJ software. I was under the impression it shipped with Cross DJ.

In order to use it with VDJ you must be either be using VDJ Pro or a trial version.

Please state which s/w you're using, and post a screen shot of the audio config settings.

Posted Sat 23 Nov 13 @ 7:02 pm
sure you have all the necessary items for operation:
• FirstMix Pro
• CrossDJ LE installed on your computer
• USB cable
• RCA output cords
• Monitors
• Headphones
CONNECTING/CONFIGURING
1. Plug the USB cable into the rear port of the FirstMix Pro
and the other end into a USB input on your computer.
2. Open CrossDJ LE
3. In the upper right hand corner of the CrossDJ LE screen,
click on PREFERENCES.
4. Set the PREFERENCES to the following:
• Audio Device -> Gemini FIRSTMIX Device
• Routing Mode -> Dual Stereo
Output 1 = Master
Output 2 = Cue
5. Use the BROWSE dial in the center of the FirstMix Pro
to fi nd tracks within your computer in CrossDJ LE’s fi le
browser. Then use the LOAD A and LOAD B buttons to
load tracks onto the decks for playback.
6. Use the MASTER and HEADPHONE VOLUME knobs
to control the level of playback for the master and cue
mixes.
7. All other functions on the FirstMix Pro directly correspond
to an onscreen function of CrossDJ LE and you
will see them change as you move them.
Have fun DJing with the FirstMix Pro!

Posted Sat 23 Nov 13 @ 7:11 pm
The quick set up guide confirms that the config i used is good. This is why I am scratching my head on why I could not preview the track.

Posted Sat 23 Nov 13 @ 7:15 pm
So you're using Cross DJ?

This is the Atomix forum, for Virtual DJ software.

If you want help with Cross DJ you need to ask on the Mixvibes forum.

Posted Sat 23 Nov 13 @ 7:29 pm
Thank you

Posted Sat 23 Nov 13 @ 7:53 pm
KJ RolsPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hi I Have purchased the Gemini Firstmix Pro, I have installed the software it came with and it works great, however I prefer to use Virtual Dj Pro. The problem is that I have no response between the controller and Virtual DJ, I have downloaded the latest version of VDJ. I have tried mapping but no response, I know the controller is woprking as it works with Mixvibes. Please help.

Posted Sun 23 Feb 14 @ 5:18 am

Posted Sun 23 Feb 14 @ 10:55 am
I hear speculations and assumptions that one can map their Gemini first mix Pro to virtual dj is this true guys and if so may I please be helped out

Posted Fri 07 Mar 14 @ 6:23 am
You could try mapping it yourself manually: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/How%20do%20I%20map%20my%20MIDI%20controller.html

Or you could wait to see if another user does this and then shares it with the VirtualDJ community via our controller download pages: http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/controllers.html

It's also possible that it could be natively supported in a future version of VirtualDJ if the manufacturer provides us with a sample.

NOTE: To be able to use MIDI controllers with VirtualDJ, use custom mappings and much, much more, you will need to purchase the full VirtualDJ Professional: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html (Home FREE will only work for 10 minutes at a time with a MIDI controller connected as a trial of the full VirtualDJ Pro, but you can restart it as many times as you wish to gain a further 10 minutes.)

Posted Fri 07 Mar 14 @ 6:46 am
I bought a controller license for $99 for my gemini first mix pro but virtual DJ still only allows me 10 minutes then stops allowing me to use the controller, can anyone help me please as I can't be wasting this kind of money, thanks

Posted Fri 05 Dec 14 @ 1:16 am
You need to log in to VDJ 8 using your forum name and password. If you don't log in, you'll be restricted to 10m.

Posted Fri 05 Dec 14 @ 1:49 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You had purchased an incorrect license (Analogue mixer instead of Gemini Fisrt Mix Pro). We changed that in your account, so please try to login again in VirtualDJ and see if it works now.

Posted Fri 05 Dec 14 @ 4:02 pm
Hello,I bought firstmix pro usb controller and I managed to install it well but the problem started when I upgrade the laptop I reinstalled the software but I've lost the keycode,how can I retrieve it?

Posted Wed 11 Nov 15 @ 7:09 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)