Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Anyone using Surface Pro & VDJ regularly?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Anyone using the Surface Pro (video card is Intel HD4000 same as Acer Aspire P3) and Vdj on a regular basis?

If yes...

1) how do you like it?
2) is it reliable during long 5+ hr sets?
3) are you mixing video?
4) are you using a controller?
5) any issues?

I am considering this to replace my backup XP Netbook (cannot mix videos with this netbook).

I would be using this setup with the following configuration...a powered hub, powered external hard drive, pioneer wego, or Denon HC4500 mixing both audio and video.

Any feedback on this would be great and appreciated.

Posted Thu 19 Sep 13 @ 11:16 pm
80 views and not 1 reply?

Y'all gonna make me the guinnea pig eh? LoL

Posted Sat 21 Sep 13 @ 3:12 pm
I guess I'm 81, and don't have an answer for you either. These people are just like you, they want info, but do not own the Surface Pro. You will have to wait until someone gets it, or buy it yourself. Someone has to do it, why not you?

Posted Sat 21 Sep 13 @ 4:19 pm
LOL AMAHM. Temptation may overtake me. It sure would suck to spend that money only to find out it's a no-go. After some more research on the forums I see WirelessDJ uses it.

I know you guys use Acer Aspire P3 and, I think, Surface Pro at the trade shows. That's one thing but I'm wondering on the usage on a 5 hour gig mixing videos.

Posted Sat 21 Sep 13 @ 7:32 pm
Now that you mentioned it, I do remember a Surface Pro at the show. I would wait, and not rush in. I'm not rushing into the fire, until I hear a baby cry. There are a lot of new toys out, and more coming. As soon as I buy something, there will be something else.

Posted Sat 21 Sep 13 @ 10:26 pm

Posted Sun 03 Nov 13 @ 12:32 am
I HAVE PIONEER DDJ WEGO AND I WANT TO BUY A MICROSOFT SURFACE PRO AND USE IT REGULARLY FOR SMALL GIGS IS THIS A GOOD IDEA IM ABOUT TO SPEND $600.00 ON IT OR SHOULD I PUT MY MONEY SOMEWHERE ELSE? PLEASE HELP...

DJ LU REIGN

Posted Wed 15 Jan 14 @ 4:57 pm
Ok here is my question. I purchased a surface pro with 128 gb, 4 gb ram etc. i have it all hooked up. Works like a charm. Right now I do have one issue. I am using a usb hub which is not suppose to be used but I found as long as you hook it up before installing drivers, it finds the mixdeck no problem. My issue is I have a TB hard drive (usb of course). I added the hdd and it found all the songs and loads no problem but I am running into a bit of a latency issue when loading another track or search. Now I also removed the hub, mixdeck directly to surface and went to wifi router for hard drive but ran into issue. How are you guys not getting cracking etc in the tracks and able to use the larger hard drives? Thanks in advance.

Posted Sun 15 Jun 14 @ 7:30 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)