Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Numark Mixtrack 2 - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have an external soundcard setup with the analog mixer license.

So if I bought a license for the mixtrack pro II could I use the controller as just a controller and use the external soundcard for the sound?

Posted Mon 19 Dec 16 @ 11:45 am
Yes you don't have to use the soundcard built into the controller, you can still output via the mixer. If you have a license for both then you can use both.

Posted Mon 19 Dec 16 @ 11:51 am
Thanks for the answer! I have been thinking of upgrading to a controller but don't like the soundcard in most controllers.. Also if anyone has used a controller with an external card can you set each deck to the soundcard's two channels or do you need to push through one? (last question maybe)

Posted Mon 19 Dec 16 @ 11:56 am
Yeah I am with you on that one. I am looking for a new controller, but the soundcard in a lot of them are not great, also quite a few only have RCA outputs. So I am kind of thinking to stick with the one i have until I can afford one with a good soundcard, like the Roland one or something.

With an external interface you can send eack deck to each output if you like. I believe there is also a way to do it if you only have one output, by sending one deck on the left channel and one deck on the right. But as long as your interface has two outputs then yes you can split the decks.

Posted Mon 19 Dec 16 @ 11:59 am
Trying to wrap my mind around it.. So you would be just using the wheels on the controller or would the fader and things still work on the controller. Because I am trying to re-imagine how my setup would be in relation to the mixer and the controller/soundcard..

Yeah ideally I would want to get a high end controller so I could maybe ditch the soundcard but that doesn't seem to be in the cards for awhile..

Posted Mon 19 Dec 16 @ 12:10 pm
Whilst I do run my sound into a 10 channel mixer, i dont use the mixer as the audio interface (because its not low latency) so I run my sound out via a USB Focusrite interface, then into my mixer. My mixer isnt specifically a DJ mixer so doesnt have a cross fader. The cross fader on both should work though, they will both be mapped the same. No difference to having a button on your keyboard mapped to the same thing as something on your controller, they will both work. Cross faders tend to remember position though, so you could get conflict, so you may want to disable one of them by just deleting out the mapping.

Posted Mon 19 Dec 16 @ 12:18 pm
Andy7689 wrote :
Whilst I do run my sound into a 10 channel mixer, i dont use the mixer as the audio interface (because its not low latency) so I run my sound out via a USB Focusrite interface, then into my mixer. My mixer isnt specifically a DJ mixer so doesnt have a cross fader. The cross fader on both should work though, they will both be mapped the same. No difference to having a button on your keyboard mapped to the same thing as something on your controller, they will both work. Cross faders tend to remember position though, so you could get conflict, so you may want to disable one of them by just deleting out the mapping.

But the cross fader on the controller works fine despite not running sound through it?

Posted Mon 19 Dec 16 @ 12:21 pm
Think i might have misunderstood. I thought you were saying that you had crossfader on your mixer and on your controller and you wondered if they would both work?

Everything on your controller will work the same even if you dont output your sound through it. At the end of the day, all they are doing is controlling the software.

Posted Mon 19 Dec 16 @ 12:25 pm
Andy7689 wrote :
quite a few only have RCA outputs

The cheap ones do, yes. Once you get beyond a certain price point though, the XLRs start appearing.

Posted Mon 19 Dec 16 @ 6:16 pm
of course yes. Though "cheap" is relative and subjective.

Posted Mon 19 Dec 16 @ 6:20 pm
The DJ market caters for pro's and beginners - and all levels in between. The cheaper controllers (with the RCA outputs) are designed for the beginner or home user.

These users will typically not have any audio kit with XLR connectors. They'll have home/consumer audio with RCA connectors. So the controllers have likewise to cater for that market.

The pro DJs will be much more likely to have kit with XLR connectors, so the controllers for those guys have XLR outs.

Simples!

Posted Mon 19 Dec 16 @ 6:33 pm
hi i lost the serial number of virtual dj, i have numark mixtrack 2 , can someone help me , thanks

Posted Tue 24 Apr 18 @ 8:17 pm
VirtualDJ 8, does not need a number, you would just have to login with the same info as you did on this site. If you bought this controller used, it will only work for 10 minutes, as the license is not transferable. If you bought it new and registered it with VirtualDJ, you would have to contact support.

It says that you are a home user, so you could buy a controller license, that will allow you to use this controller, and it's features. You could also get a monthly subscription of pro, or get the pro version and use any controller here. Good luck.

Posted Wed 25 Apr 18 @ 3:16 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)