Forum: PC Version Technical Support - Topic: Virtual DJ 7 Pro on a new touchscreen laptop

Use this forum if you have any question, bug, or technical difficulty with VirtualDJ on Windows.
Before posting, please read the FAQ.
(if you find bugs with the new VirtualDJ 8, please use the specific VirtualDJ 8 Bug Report forum).
VirtualDJ forums
PC Version Technical...
Virtual DJ 7 Pro...

Author - Topic: Virtual DJ 7 Pro on a new touchscreen laptop -

detourdj
PRO Infinity
Member since 2007

Posted Mon 20 May 13 @ 1:52 pm
Hi All,
I have VDJ7 Pro running on standard PC laptops, along with a Mac Mini desktop, and love it. I'm considering buying one of the new mid-priced touchscreen laptops with Windows 8. Is VDJ7 Pro compatible with the touchscreen capability? Any issues to be on the lookout for?

kradcliffe
PRO Infinity
Member since 2008

Posted Mon 20 May 13 @ 2:07 pm
Should work fine. The latest version now supports multitouch as well.

May be worth checking you can get a touch skin to match the screen resolution of the LCD.

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/skins.html?category=all&order=default&resolution=all&search=touch

Keith

PRO Infinity
Member since 2006

Posted Mon 27 May 13 @ 4:37 am
I have been running 7.4 with my Windows 8 touch Thinkpad for some time now without any issues at all. Using Hercules RMX 2.

kramer101
PRO Infinity
Member since 2005

Posted Sun 21 Jul 13 @ 8:40 pm
so will the regular 7 pro version work on a touch screen or do i have to downlaod the touch screen skin?
thanks in advance.
i am looking into touch screen too

djdad
PRO Infinity
Member since 2005

Senior staff
Posted Sun 21 Jul 13 @ 10:34 pm
Touch-screen skins are useful as they provide large buttons and sliders for easier access. The skin itself is not adding any features. Version 7.4 supports multi-touch screens, regardless of the used skin.