Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: help with mapping

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

not sure exactly how to map this button the way i want, if its even possible but if i can great, maybe someone can post what i need to have as the string. ok here we go

im wanting to assign a button, while pressed, to adjust the filter in either -1 or -2 increments until i release it, then i want it to go back to 50 (aka middle)

thanks

Posted Wed 02 Jan 13 @ 11:33 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You can try ..
down ? deck 1 filter -1% : deck 1 filter 50%

Posted Thu 03 Jan 13 @ 11:10 am
it works similar to what i have now:

deck 2 filter 30% active while_pressed

it doesn't slowly drop it down, maybe i need to put something else in there like ms time or something?

thanks for your help

Posted Thu 03 Jan 13 @ 1:08 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You can try smaller steps..

down ? deck 1 filter -0,5% : deck 1 filter 50%
it works gradually here

Posted Thu 03 Jan 13 @ 7:20 pm
i'm assuming you mean -0.5%

either way its not working like im meaning, let me try to explain it better:

im wanting it to step down on its own, like im turning a knob but instead i'm holding the button and it slowly turns the filter down until i let go, then it once i release it goes back to 50%.

your on to something here with the down ? action1 : action2 though, i think i need to maybe adjust action1 if possible, maybe "move" "timestamp"?

let me know what you think if this is possible or not, i'll keep fiddling

thanks again djdad

Posted Thu 03 Jan 13 @ 8:47 pm
If you are mapping on a controller then you would need to use the repeat action (Your computer keyboard does this automatically, but MIDI controller buttons do not do this), e.g:

down ? repeat & deck 1 filter -0.5% : deck 1 filter 50%

The delay and speed of the repeat can also be adjusted - Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript_verbs.html

Posted Fri 04 Jan 13 @ 5:19 am
^thats what i missing, the "repeat". i knew i was close and that it could be done i just couldnt figure it out.

thanks again guys, good support here!

Posted Fri 04 Jan 13 @ 8:45 pm
the repeat is close, when i first press it, it does what i want, i have it set to 0.1ms. except when i lift off the button, it goes to 50% then starts dropping again as if i'm pressing the button down. not sure what need to change or add here

Posted Fri 04 Jan 13 @ 9:07 pm
It's a bug in the repeat script unfortunately. It only occurs when you use down or up but that is the only way to do what you want unfortunately. Bob was probably doing it on a computer keyboard which naturally repeats when held.

Posted Sat 05 Jan 13 @ 5:41 am
Try changing it to:

repeat & down ? deck 1 filter -0.5% : deck 1 filter 50%

Posted Sat 05 Jan 13 @ 3:06 pm
^that was it thank you so much

only thing, it doesn't seem to go any faster than 1ms so i just had to change it to -5% and +5% to get the filter to move faster. i'd like for it to be faster but i don't want it to skip percentages too much. but this will do

thanks again

Posted Mon 07 Jan 13 @ 11:20 pm
There is a limit to how fast it can repeat.

You can specify the delay and repeat times after repeat, e.g:

repeat 200ms 100ms & down ? deck 1 filter -0.5% : deck 1 filter 50%

Posted Tue 08 Jan 13 @ 7:37 am
I would like to know if anyone can give me the code to change the mapping on the cue points so you don't need to hold shift to set them or to activate them? I am running the latest ver of VDJ pro on a N4.
Any help would be appreciated

Posted Tue 08 Jan 13 @ 8:06 pm
My problem is that I'm using time code with the hercules rmx, for some reason when I place the needle on the left timecode, the tempo starts dropping by itself...What is going on?

Posted Wed 13 Feb 13 @ 12:44 am
Go to your mappers page & choose your current Cue point setting;
Then hit button assign & click the associated button you want to perform this function

Posted Thu 14 Feb 13 @ 1:09 pm
devandre wrote :
What is going on?

It's called "thread hijacking".

Posted Thu 14 Feb 13 @ 1:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)