Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 8thWonder/Videotoolz - Page: 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Posted Wed 01 May 13 @ 3:44 pm
deejaysherman wrote :
If you like Video DJing.. VJSTREET is the best.. http://www.vjstreet.com/en

Can you join if you are mobile? Because on the subscription they ask for the address venue, I'm currently using videtoolz, but for some reason is not working at this time.

Thank you in advance.

Posted Wed 01 May 13 @ 3:49 pm
santosac46 wrote :
deejaysherman wrote :
If you like Video DJing.. VJSTREET is the best.. http://www.vjstreet.com/en

Can you join if you are mobile? Because on the subscription they ask for the address venue, I'm currently using videtoolz, but for some reason is not working at this time.

Thank you in advance.

Yes you can. (it's not like they are gonna really check the address)

Posted Wed 01 May 13 @ 5:02 pm
I concur with everybody else above. I love VJStreet. They just added BPMs, and they now color highlight (red) all your downloaded songs. I love the improvements.

I do have a couple of complaints. I've sent in suggestions to have them tag songs that I have already reviewed (in addition to ones I downloaded (red)). That would make reviewing the music crates more efficient.

And I complained about inconsistant volume levels. Editors should be submitting ALL songs with a -3dB to 0dB range. There is nothing worse than having a packed dance floor and havinig to scramble for more gain to keep the energy up.

And every now and then their videos suffer from the "out of sync" video to lip movements. Their instrumentals are mostly not video playable because artist lips are moving and it makes no sense.. Hello !!! it's an instrumental...

Some of these editors need to get their act together. My performance depends on my tools. I'm paying for this product so I can do the best I can entertaining a crowd. There is no excuse for low volume levels and out of sync lips to music.

Posted Wed 01 May 13 @ 5:36 pm
JimmyL-DJ wrote :
I concur with everybody else above. I love VJStreet. They just added BPMs, and they now color highlight (red) all your downloaded songs. I love the improvements.

I do have a couple of complaints. I've sent in suggestions to have them tag songs that I have already reviewed (in addition to ones I downloaded (red)). That would make reviewing the music crates more efficient.

And I complained about inconsistant volume levels. Editors should be submitting ALL songs with a -3dB to 0dB range. There is nothing worse than having a packed dance floor and havinig to scramble for more gain to keep the energy up.

And every now and then their videos suffer from the "out of sync" video to lip movements. Their instrumentals are mostly not video playable because artist lips are moving and it makes no sense.. Hello !!! it's an instrumental...

Some of these editors need to get their act together. My performance depends on my tools. I'm paying for this product so I can do the best I can entertaining a crowd. There is no excuse for low volume levels and out of sync lips to music.

Yea, you are right. I noticed the volume difference on some of their reggae vids. But overall I have bumped them up a couple of levels since all their vids are untagged. If they add HD vids then that would be all she wrote!

Posted Wed 01 May 13 @ 5:45 pm
I enjoy VJStreet as well, but I have noticed that you can still run into some of the same quality issues as mentioned above.
When I contacted them and asked about videos being out of sync and poor remixes they told me that they don't even screen the videos before they put them out for download. Point being, make sure you preview the videos before you download.

Posted Thu 02 May 13 @ 8:41 am
VJ Street is the only video pool I use. I wish they would do monthly subscriptions where you can download as much as you want, versus paying for each download but I usually just buy the $30 package once a month and it gives me enough to get what I need (100 downloads).

Posted Thu 02 May 13 @ 8:45 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Wow, Wow wow,
I was looking to subscribe after taking a look at there website today, but I'm glad I ran into this thread, those are BIG issues to ignore, low level audios, out of sync videos, That is the worst, because how do you fix that problem easily? They are Not Mp3's.

The untagged media download is another Biggy, Why Not tag them?, when they are charging you per download and you have to do the checking for levels too...

I was thinking yeah it's a good idea to preview the track before you download it to see if it is good for you, but then all this other stuff which is critical is Not being addressed by them, it's like buying used tracks in a yard sale, Wow I'm disappointed.

Posted Thu 02 May 13 @ 6:16 pm
No, No, No... cool the jets.

Not all the videos have "off" levels. Most of them are great, especially new releases. Overall I am very pleased.

I wish they would require all content contributors to adhere to strict dB level requirements. Old 50's and 60's videos are sometimes poor. A good editor could fix them.

The "off sync" vocal to video sometimes are the preview player's fault. Once downloaded they are ok. New releases are rarely out of sync.

The instrumentals are another story. The editors should eliminate anyone singing on an instrumental track. It looks stupid. I just put something else up on the screen when playing them.

I very much like the "no tag" videos. It adds a little mystery to what I'm playing. Those tags are quite obnoxious.

Posted Thu 02 May 13 @ 9:32 pm
The only vids that seem to have some audio issues are the old vids from 80s and 90s but I have noticed that they dont stay out of sync very long. It'll do it for a verse or two but then get back on track almost immediately. The older vids are also the only ones with low audio levels too. Zero issues what so ever with anything new or thats been from within the last 10 years.

Posted Fri 03 May 13 @ 8:46 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)