Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DJ Guide: How to get started (What gear to get?) - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

THANK U GUYS!!!! AND THANK U ZABLAR!!! Tat was extremely helpful! Back in 2001 i had turntables and just use to play with them. The mixer was a 2 channel. Now i know that. Lol. I think the 2channel wld probably be easier. Wow, the stantans really have a stronger motor hih? Ppl always brag ab technics.
Im so excited about this. I work a lot and only have one day off per wk and im stating to watch tutorials. Hopefully in two weeks i'll have everything.
Any particular brand of mixer u can recommend?

Posted Sat 08 Sep 12 @ 6:46 pm
With your budget of $1500..........a pair of Stanton decks would cost you around $1200 (based on Guitar Center price) which leaves $300 for a mixer.

You could get an Allen & Heath Xone:22 for that.

Posted Sun 09 Sep 12 @ 5:53 am
ZablarPRO InfinityMember since 2011
the good thing is I think 2 channel mixers will be more used for overall djs now when samplers starting to change, new controllers made for sample use got their own volumefaders anyway which is awesome. +1 for groovindj's choice, it is a gr8 mixer but then you will need to buy a audiointerface to (like this one http://www.hercules.com/uk/DJ-Music/bdd/p/119/deejay-trim-4-6-scratch-starter-kit/ ) a other alternative would be to buy a mixer with builtin audiointerface like a Denon dn-x600, then you would only need to buy the timecodevinyls. The Denon is discontiuned though so will have to buy it used.

Posted Tue 11 Sep 12 @ 6:31 am
youngdoe803 wrote :
I want to go the cd player and mixer route. Any suggestions?

I have a second setup with Technics SL-DZ 1200s and an Audio 8 card (for timecodes). I love it, but it is heavy. Now with the advent of Numark V7s and other like controllers, you can do turntableism at a reasonable price, without the weight. Test out a lot of equipment before you buy anything and consider weight, durability, and maintenance well ahead of cost.

Posted Wed 26 Sep 12 @ 5:03 pm
Zablar wrote :
the good thing is I think 2 channel mixers will be more used for overall djs now when samplers starting to change, new controllers made for sample use got their own volumefaders anyway which is awesome. +1 for groovindj's choice, it is a gr8 mixer but then you will need to buy a audiointerface to (like this one http://www.hercules.com/uk/DJ-Music/bdd/p/119/deejay-trim-4-6-scratch-starter-kit/ ) a other alternative would be to buy a mixer with builtin audiointerface like a Denon dn-x600, then you would only need to buy the timecodevinyls. The Denon is discontiuned though so will have to buy it used.

You cant go wrong with extra channels. I would recommend at least 3. You will need a channel for samplers, external sources, etc. By the way Zablar, great post.

Posted Wed 26 Sep 12 @ 5:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)