Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ 7.1 - Page: 13

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this next week...

Posted Thu 30 Aug 12 @ 5:18 pm
To be honest I really can't see what the hype is all about. It's a service release to add new controllers and add some new features.

Like most people I'm happy with 7.05b which works just great, so I fail to see what the panic is about ........

Keith

Posted Thu 30 Aug 12 @ 5:22 pm
I know it is hype....I've never even demoed any other software, and I came in at 7.04. Literally just about 3 weeks ago I downloaded 7.05b. So its all new to me. Let me dream a little!!:-)

Posted Thu 30 Aug 12 @ 5:58 pm
I just want to have colored wave forms lol

Posted Thu 30 Aug 12 @ 6:41 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djsampamix wrote :
cstoll wrote :
djsampamix wrote :
I don't see a great reason why u guys from vdj announce something that doesn't have a release date, I see a "good" reason- to inform the users, but the way u guys did it its pretty f@^t up, why don't u keep it for urself and announce it until its f@$%ing ready then all u have to do its tell us that there's a new version but its been tested for the next following weeks so we know that there's something "done" then that would be great news since we weren't especting anything to begin whit not the way u did it by telling us a year before that u were planing to create a new version whitout a release date so everybody like me log in this website at least twice a week to check if its ready. Shame on u, be more organized n don't let it leek for next time. O wait 7.1 its an other leek.

No excuses, you have been around for three years and that is the best you can come up with?

Yes this is the best I can come up whit, I have a fulltime job as a club and radio dj, I use vdj and serato itch whit my ns6, I keep using vdj becaue I'm used to it but itch provides to me a couple of things such as audio quality n scratch latency "whit the same laptop" such things are promeses to us rightnow from vdj I just wish u woulnt never anounced the update last year so I woulnt be here wasting my time, That's whitout mentioning the issues whit the current version 7.0.5b whit the loops on the numark ns6. I'm currently using 7.0.1 because it works better but not perfect like alaways. Vdj its good as any other dj software out there but it never works perfect n it makes us the customers spend money on equipment whit the hope that maybe it would work better.

Hmmm ...

1. So there is a feature in VirtualDJ that if you turn it ON and you are connected to the Internet it will tell you if there is an update available
2. If you come to the site, go to the main forum page, and are logged in it will tell you if an update is available
3. There has been a post in the Hardware Forum since the day the NS6 released ( which I made ) that tells you how to get better scratching from the NS6
4. Audio quality ?? Clearly a configuration issue because we have beat that dead horse around here enough.
5. Loop Issues and the NS6 - never heard of that problem
6. You chose to use a OLD version because you think it is better and solves your problems.
7. We never "promised" a time of WHEN an update was going to happen - but told you something that we have always done - which is provide updates
8. The customer must spend money to hope that the software works better? Really? maybe its not the software that has the issue.

Look, I do a lot of the hardware integration with the manufactures. I am sorry that you feel like your NS6 it's functioning as good as it should be. But if you would have asked for help with the issues that mentioned then I am positive you would have had a completely different experience. Because clearly your problem with NS6 is configuration problems. And if you can't properly configure it now, it doesn't matter what version we release - you still won't have it working right then either.

So, how about this - Go to the hardware forum and open a new topic ( 1 topic ) on the issues that you have and we will resolve them.
And if there REALLY are issues then at least we will know what they are and can make sure they get fixed in the future versions.

Posted Thu 30 Aug 12 @ 7:05 pm
I'm checking everyday for this update cant wait! had vdj wood for half a month. my vdj balls are blue but its mckay because it's all about the chase.

Posted Thu 30 Aug 12 @ 7:35 pm
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Da Bogin Ewok wrote :
my vdj balls are blue but its mckay because it's all about the chase.

I would suggest u some sites, but I don't want to b BOOTED from the forum. Or if u have a collection somewhere in urge room or on ur HD just whack it on and pull away. :)

Posted Thu 30 Aug 12 @ 8:10 pm
cstoll wrote :
djsampamix wrote :
cstoll wrote :
djsampamix wrote :
I don't see a great reason why u guys from vdj announce something that doesn't have a release date, I see a "good" reason- to inform the users, but the way u guys did it its pretty f@^t up, why don't u keep it for urself and announce it until its f@$%ing ready then all u have to do its tell us that there's a new version but its been tested for the next following weeks so we know that there's something "done" then that would be great news since we weren't especting anything to begin whit not the way u did it by telling us a year before that u were planing to create a new version whitout a release date so everybody like me log in this website at least twice a week to check if its ready. Shame on u, be more organized n don't let it leek for next time. O wait 7.1 its an other leek.

No excuses, you have been around for three years and that is the best you can come up with?

Yes this is the best I can come up whit, I have a fulltime job as a club and radio dj, I use vdj and serato itch whit my ns6, I keep using vdj becaue I'm used to it but itch provides to me a couple of things such as audio quality n scratch latency "whit the same laptop" such things are promeses to us rightnow from vdj I just wish u woulnt never anounced the update last year so I woulnt be here wasting my time, That's whitout mentioning the issues whit the current version 7.0.5b whit the loops on the numark ns6. I'm currently using 7.0.1 because it works better but not perfect like alaways. Vdj its good as any other dj software out there but it never works perfect n it makes us the customers spend money on equipment whit the hope that maybe it would work better.

Hmmm ...

1. So there is a feature in VirtualDJ that if you turn it ONz and you are connected to the Internet it will tell you if there is an update available
2. If you come to the site, go to the main forum page, and are logged in it will tell you if an update is available
3. There has been a post in the Hardware Forum since the day the NS6 released ( which I made ) that tells you how to get better scratching from the NS6
4. Audio quality ?? Clearly a configuration issue because we have beat that dead horse around here enough.
5. Loop Issues and the NS6 - never heard of that problem
6. You chose to use a OLD version because you think it is better and solves your problems.
7. We never "promised" a time of WHEN an update was going to happen - but told you something that we have always done - which is provide updates
8. The customer must spend money to hope that the software works better? Really? maybe its not the software that has the issue.

Look, I do a lot of the hardware integration with the manufactures. I am sorry that you feel like your NS6 it's functioning as good as it should be. But if you would have asked for help with the issues that mentioned then I am positive you would have had a completely different experience. Because clearly your problem with NS6 is configuration problems. And if you can't properly configure it now, it doesn't matter what version we release - you still won't have it working right then either.

So, how about this - Go to the hardware forum and open a new topic ( 1 topic ) on the issues that you have and we will resolve them.
And if there REALLY are issues then at least we will know what they are and can make sure they get fixed in the future versions.

Ok what I meant about buying better equipment its true vdj just doesn't work the same whit a hercules and a numark ns6, even just the mouse beats the hercules latency lol, n yes there's a issue whit the loops on the numark ns6 whit the version 7.0.5b, n I'm sorry I'm not a geek I am a dj, I follow somebodys guide to fix that issue " so its not just me" and the only way to fix it is by using 7.0.1 or 7.0.2 n in deed the loops r no longer a problem but now the issue its the crossfader's channel celector, I have to switch them every time so vdj would recognise the right channels that I'm using whit the crossfader now is that what u call a perfect working version of vdj?

Posted Fri 31 Aug 12 @ 12:16 am
What does "whit" mean?

Posted Fri 31 Aug 12 @ 12:55 am
A Man and His Music wrote :
What does "whit" mean?

with *

Posted Fri 31 Aug 12 @ 2:04 am
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
as in gettin' jiggy wit it

then, what's a jiggy? :)

Posted Fri 31 Aug 12 @ 6:43 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
djsampamix wrote :
Ok what I meant about buying better equipment its true vdj just doesn't work the same whit a hercules and a numark ns6, even just the mouse beats the hercules latency lol, n yes there's a issue whit the loops on the numark ns6 whit the version 7.0.5b, n I'm sorry I'm not a geek I am a dj, I follow somebodys guide to fix that issue " so its not just me" and the only way to fix it is by using 7.0.1 or 7.0.2 n in deed the loops r no longer a problem but now the issue its the crossfader's channel celector, I have to switch them every time so vdj would recognise the right channels that I'm using whit the crossfader now is that what u call a perfect working version of vdj?

Dude, your not going to "Whine" yourself a solution here, The man Explained to You Very Simply What to do to Help Resolve your issue, Why are you still Whining & spitting on the software..??

Posted Fri 31 Aug 12 @ 8:01 am
djsampamix wrote :

Please open a discussion in the Hardware forum (as mentioned by cstoll in his previous post) to further discuss your issue(s). This is a discussion thread on the upcoming 7.1 software and your posts are completely off topic.

Thank You

Posted Fri 31 Aug 12 @ 9:28 am
pseft wrote :
What does "whit" mean?

with *

Actually, I know what he meant. I was trying to help him out, in a gentle way. I see that English is not his native language. Otherwise, I would not have been so gentle. I am not an English major, and try, to overlook most of the mistakes on this forum. However, if you continue to make the same mistake over and over, I feel the need to point it out. I am trying to learn Russian, the same way I learned English, by speaking it. If I ever learn to read and write Russian, you better believe I will use a spell checker, before going on one of their forums.

Posted Fri 31 Aug 12 @ 9:48 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Why can't people follow directions ... open a new topic if you want to talk about issues with the current version and/or hardware.

Posted Fri 31 Aug 12 @ 2:12 pm
this version of 7.1 won't have "Get Food" will it? cause i think it should be added to. we should also have:

Get Raise
Get Woman
Get New Car
Get Really Good Retirement Plan
Get Off Of It Mate, It Will Be Ready When It's Ready, And Not A Bloody Minute More... crap now ya got me dragged into it.

i'm chomping at the bit as much as the next guy and check the VDJ website more than i check facebook. but some of y'all need to plug into some grateful dead and just mello out.

btw... does VDJ ever have easter eggs? i never even got 'get food' to work.

Posted Fri 31 Aug 12 @ 3:49 pm
kpone9PRO InfinityMember since 2011
For me VDJ 7.1/8 sould be this tight with Denon sc3900.

Watch this the software works perfect and follows the moves of the dj. No jumping once.

this is a good thing I love VDj I just want it to be great with My DNX1600 and my SC3900, Effect and other things mapped and working flawless with no problem.

this is a level to reach or even do better: http://youtu.be/IjG52XHKMdw

then the sample decks can be triggered the way user want then we are all in peace synchronised to beat, tempo or whatever

Posted Fri 31 Aug 12 @ 4:37 pm
I hope this update works well with Denon SC3900

Posted Fri 31 Aug 12 @ 10:28 pm
pseft wrote :
What does "whit" mean?

with *

Actually, I know what he meant. I was trying to help him out, in a gentle way. I see that English is not his native language. Otherwise, I would not have been so gentle. I am not an English major, and try, to overlook most of the mistakes on this forum. However, if you continue to make the same mistake over and over, I feel the need to point it out. I am trying to learn Russian, the same way I learned English, by speaking it. If I ever learn to read and write Russian, you better believe I will use a spell checker, before going on one of their forums.

i kno... u kno... u actually kno what he means

i was judt correcting his typo

Posted Sat 01 Sep 12 @ 12:30 am
just*

Posted Sat 01 Sep 12 @ 12:31 am
95%