Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How to Install VirtualDJ for use as a Standard User

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

App: Virtual DJ 7.0.5b (Home Free)

I had installed VirtualDJ as an Administrator, and VirtualDJ ran fine. But when I tried to use VirtualDJ from a different account, that was a Standard user, I received the following error:

Installation Error!
Please reinstall VirtualDJ from the official installer.
If you have multiple user accounts on this computer, make sure you install from the account you are using, not from Administrator.

So, as the error message says, you need to install VirtualDJ while logged in as the user that you're going to run it under. I tried that, but VirtualDJ still failed with same error.

The "VirtualDJ 7 - Getting Started.pdf" manual makes no mention of this quirk/requirement.

I tried the following without a positive result:

- Installed VirtualDJ from the Standard user account I wanted to use.
- Installed VirtualDJ using "RunAs Administrator" from the Standard user account I wanted to use.
- Copied the VirtualDJ directory from C:\My Documents\ to C:\Users\Standard\Documents\.

Solution:

1. Log in as an Administrator
2. Temporarily elevate the User account you want to run VirtualDJ under to an Administrator
3. Log in as the elevated user account you want to run VirtualDJ under
a. Install VirtualDJ
b. Run VirtualDJ at least once
c. Log out of Windows
4. Log in as an Administrator
5. Change the Standard user account that you temporarily elevated to install VirtualDJ back to a Standard User.

Now, when you log in as a Standard user, VirtualDJ should run without giving you an "Installation Error."

Posted Sun 01 Jul 12 @ 9:00 pm
I am having the same problem. I will try it tommorow and I will let you know what happens.

Posted Sun 07 Oct 12 @ 8:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)