Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Karaoke Plugin 2.0? - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Will these karaoke features work in OSx? I run a macbook pro and currently use bootcamp to run my shows due to the fact that the Rotation plugin is not compatible with Mac OS. I would love to do away with bootcamp if possible...

Posted Fri 12 Oct 12 @ 1:17 pm
@djmastrav: Unfortunately because it is a Video Effect plugin I will have to port it before it will work on Mac OS-X. I am designing the plugin with that eventuality in mind. However, the initial release will be PC only.

Posted Fri 12 Oct 12 @ 1:23 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Some ideas,
One basic feature that would be desirable is the ability to be able to click an option and get a list of the same song "Artist Title" in a different versions other then the one you pulled if needed, if it exist in your database..

A quick way to swap out a title on the play list is another one...

Posted Sat 13 Oct 12 @ 1:49 pm
@JoeyKJ: When you perform a search and add a song to the queue, the plugin stores the search query you used to find that song. Later on, if you find you pulled the wrong version or something, there is a "panic button" that brings that exact query back to the list.

I'm not sure what you mean by "swap out a title on the play list." You can always add another song to the singer queue, at any point in the queue, by dragging and dropping where appropriate. I may make it so that if you drop a new song directly on top of another song, it replaces that song instead of getting inserted above or below it. That would save the extra step in the add-new-then-delete-old way of doing things.

Posted Sat 13 Oct 12 @ 3:24 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
That is exactly what I mean by "Swap Out" saving you the extra steps involved doing it by removing and placing..

Thanks

Joey..

Posted Sat 13 Oct 12 @ 6:51 pm
@JoeyKJ: Well then consider your suggestion accepted. :)

Posted Sat 13 Oct 12 @ 7:55 pm
er0sionPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It would also be nice to filter the queue to find a singer to change their song, this is a pain when you have a line of singers and you have to scroll through pages to find a singers name.

Posted Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 10:44 am
@er0sion: Although I'm not planning on having a filtering mechanism, I think you'll find that locating a singer won't be an issue with the way I have my plugin designed.

Good news everyone! I just heard back from Scott, and he has provided me with documentation that points me in the right direction on how to implement drag and drop. This is one major issue that was holding up progress on this, so I'm hoping to resume programming and maybe have something to demonstrate soon! :-)

Posted Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 10:59 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Posted Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 11:06 am
@tayla: I haven't personally used this software, although some of the features do look interesting. Which of the features in this program do you feel are most important? I have done a side-by-side comparison of the items advertised on their homepage below:

Superior Sound Quality - sound quality in VirtualDJ is as good as the hardware it is run on, and which algorithm you have selected for stretching
Simplified Song Search - Ctrl+F brings you to search, and you can deactivate keyboard shortcuts for search-only keyboard in Config if desired
Drag and Drop - this is present in the plugin I am developing, and implemented just like VirtualDJ does for consistency
Automatic Playlist Sorting - the music queue (playlist) is kept separate from the karaoke queue (rotation), and moving a singer rearranges the rest of the singers accordingly
Auto-Play - this corresponds to Automix in VirtualDJ
Auto-Pitch - pre-selection of pitch adjustment and activation on play is present in my plugin
Panel Layout - my plugin is designed to be integrated into skins, so that no overlapping occurs unless you are using a skin that is not designed to work with karaoke; in that case, two other options (besides a floating window) are available for use depending on your preference
On-the-Fly CDG timing - the video_delay verb in VirtualDJ allows you to do just this; I will most likely leave the implementation of this up to the skin developer**
Quick Version Changer - this is present in my plugin
Video Support - VirtualDJ supports a wider range of video formats than any other program I am aware of
10-band graphic equalizer with 15db range - VirtualDJ has a 3 band graphic EQ, I am not sure of the range; additional audio effect plugins are available which may provide additional functionality if necessary

** (1) My plugin is designed to be minimalistic when it comes to interface; I want as much of the control to be implemented by the skin as possible so that the plugin can be integrated with the complete look and feel of the skin. (2) I think I will have an option to save and restore the video_delay for each karaoke track, similar to VirtualDJ's Auto-Gain setting of Remember, so that setting a video correction delay once will automatically "remember" the correction the next time you use that track, regardless of who is singing it.

Posted Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 2:43 pm
jcketPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I would be so happy to get a "more functional" karaoke plugin...If you need a tester im more than willing..Its basicly used with every job i do..Which is a minimum of 5 times a month for a time frame of around 5 hours. So i could give you 25 hours usage of feedback if that would be helpful to you?

Do you think you can list some of the "extra" features you have implemented already and what other features you intend to implement? (writing this before actually looking if you have done already, so ignore that if so ;)

Posted Mon 10 Dec 12 @ 1:43 pm
1+

I will do Beta Test too :-)

Posted Mon 10 Dec 12 @ 4:39 pm
I am also very interested in an upgrade to the existing karaoke plugin that has more features than the plugin currently available for VDJ. I know that I could also help with beta testing as I have a weekly karaoke gig that I could use this plugin with. Please notify me of any changes on the availability of this plugin!

Posted Thu 27 Dec 12 @ 1:01 am
I am thrilled for all the interest in this plugin, and I'm sorry that it's taking so long. I want to make sure it is done right, and at the moment that has meant splitting my code into two plugins, one that functions as a karaoke list supporting drag and drop (v5 plugin) and one that provides the video effects supporting vdjscript (v6 plugin). This is the latest setback, but is by no means discouraging me from continuing my efforts. It just may take a bit longer than I was expecting.

I am not sure what type of releasing I will be doing, and what kind of beta testing, but by all means this forum will be the best source of information for that. To stay up to date on all the latest information, be sure to Monitor this topic using the button to the far left of the search box on this page. That way you will get e-mail notification whenever a new post is made to this topic.

Wishing everyone the best for the holidays, and a happy new year!
Eric

Posted Thu 27 Dec 12 @ 2:42 am
Totally just installed Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 on my Windows box (I went to school for Software Engineering & Web Development)! I would love a more versatile Karaoke plugin. My needs are basically just that of keeping track of singers and their songs, not so much putting the songs in the players (although highlighting a singer and their song and then "sending it to player 1/2/3/4/5/6....etc" would be great.

Anyways, I have a weekly Karaoke gig and I need a better management system that surpasses Karaoke cards!!

I hope everything comes together and you're able to finish your plugin. I'm definitely going to take a crack at developing one just for the heck of it =)

-Jordan J

Posted Fri 25 Jan 13 @ 10:09 pm
I am just really hoping to save the history of singers - I have had a regular karaoke job for the last couple of months and now I have had to create a vdj folder that says bars name karaoke - then subfolders of everyones name so then I can pull up 'Russ' karaoke songs etc.

A scrolling text would be nice to add text, specials upcoming singers, etc.

and definitely assignable decks.

Thanks guys!

Posted Tue 12 Feb 13 @ 3:34 am
I've shared this a few times before and even in this thread before. I'm hoping I can get an "AMEN" on this from other DJ's.

There are only a handful of professional / quasi professional karaoke software options.

The most widely used are:

Roxbox

Compuhost

PCDJ (which is no longer competition, but still prevalent)

The features which help these programs stand out are the following:

Singer history stored
Solid Key Change ability
Scrolling lineup of singers at top or bottom of screen.

Other than that Virtual DJ has the other features already available.

I am writing to plead to the powers that be to include some of these features in VDJ. I know that maybe 10% of your clients are Karaoke Jocks but I'm sure that number would grow if you added these features. One way that i've gotten around the singer history stored is the "Playlists" Feature. I just save a playlist with the customers name and songs, however it's a dumb way of doing it compared to the other programs which automatically save history. Compuhost is probably the most feature rich out of all of the programs. The main features that would help most KJ's is the Singer historys saved (with keychange preference) and the scrolling lineup of the next three to ten singers. Please consider your customer base and the possibility that others might feel as I do. I want the amazing functionality of VDJ and the capabilities of other professional karaoke programs. Please let me know what you others think...

http://www.kjtools.com/chscreenshots.html

Posted Sat 16 Mar 13 @ 6:44 pm
Karaoke Plug in Not working After New Install, Ive Tried just about every thing the threads and wiki say to no effect Help.

Posted Sat 16 Mar 13 @ 8:00 pm
@philadisco: Sorry for your luck. Unfortunately you haven't provided any useful information that anyone would be able to help you with. Such as your platform and computer information, version of software you are using, and exactly what troubleshooting steps you have tried so far. Also, this thread is currently discussing production of a new, better Karaoke plugin. I'll be happy to try and assist you with the Atomix plugin, but you may find more help by posting in a support forum.

Posted Sat 16 Mar 13 @ 8:11 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
VDJ already has a very capable key changing ability?

Posted Sun 17 Mar 13 @ 6:15 am
34%