Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Switching VDJ Pro from PC to MAC

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

anything I should know in advance before switching from the PC version to the MAC version? have a new laptop & it's my first MAC. Music is on an external drive. I'm in a bit of a time crunch and am just hoping to dodge a big learning curve in the switchover. any suggestions are appreciated!

Posted Tue 10 Apr 12 @ 5:26 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
U will LOVE it now you have a MacBook Pro.......after just 30min w/VDj

Posted Wed 11 Apr 12 @ 11:00 am
tjudson wrote :
anything I should know in advance before switching from the PC version to the MAC version? have a new laptop & it's my first MAC. Music is on an external drive. I'm in a bit of a time crunch and am just hoping to dodge a big learning curve in the switchover. any suggestions are appreciated!

Make sure your external drive is the correct format for the Mac to read AND write.

I'm using a Macbook Pro i7 Bootcamped with Windows 7 and use the PC version of VDJ simply because of all the graphics plugins available for the PC (I use 100% video at all my gigs). There are now a number of plugins being made available for the Mac thanks to SBDJ and others, but, I use a 1Tb external Hard Drive that is 75% full and formatted for Windows. So the switch to the Mac version would not be easy and as the PC version is working perfect for me I'm happy as I am.

I did make one major mistake, the Mac has a 500gb hard drive built in, I only formatted 30gb for Windows 7 and really should have given it more space.

After using PCs for over 30 years I switched to the Mac in August 2010 and have never regretted it, best thing I've ever done. I certainly don't get the crashes or other problems I used to get with PCs, the Mac is solid. I use the Mac side every day for the internet, graphics work, music production, etc., etc. If your Mac is Bootcamped you get the best of both worlds i.e. a Mac AND a PC :-)

That's my experience hope that its been of some help to you.

Cheers
Les
http://www.vjles.com/

Posted Thu 12 Apr 12 @ 4:14 am
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Started from 2 Toshiba Laptops and junked them.

Now running one Imac 21, MacbookPro 13, and 2x MacbookPro 15!

There might be a little adjustments... But once you tried Mac, you will never go back!

Posted Fri 13 Apr 12 @ 1:13 pm
When I transfer my music from pc to mac how can I carry over cue points, comments and other info created within VDJ. Or do I have to sort thru thousand of songs again.

Posted Sun 15 Apr 12 @ 9:40 pm
Do a search on here, I have seen posts describing ways to copy the database xml file containing cue points, analysis, bpm's, etc.

Posted Mon 16 Apr 12 @ 4:20 am
Thanks for the help !

Posted Mon 16 Apr 12 @ 1:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)