Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Help - Macbook + Denon MC-6000 + VDJ 7.0.5 = Not working

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

First - The Denon MC-6000 with VDJ works just fine on my PC. However, my new Macbook Pro is having difficulties.

I'm using a Macbook Pro with Core i7, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.7.3 with VDJ Pro 7.0.5 (OSX) & the latest firmware on the MC-6000

When I first installed VDJ, it loads no problem. I plug in the MC-6000 (with all the settings as the manual tells me for MAC), VDJ does't recognize it.

When I shut down and restart my Mac and start VDJ, it hangs on "initializing external devices". I have to do a "force quit" to shut down VDJ.

I can get iTunes to send sound through the MC-6000, but that is it.

I have deleted and reinstalled VDJ a few times and that doesn't seem to help.

I called Denon Tech Support. We tried their tricks, but in the end they said to call VDJ Tech support. They are closed now so I guess I can call tomorrow.

If anyone has any ideas or can offer some assistance, I would be more than grateful.

I'll just have to use my PC until then.

THANK YOU!

Posted Wed 04 Apr 12 @ 4:20 pm
mine is working just fine. there are some other threads on here about this same subject. make sure you connect the usb to your computer and turn on the mc6000 before you turn on the Mac.

Posted Thu 05 Apr 12 @ 12:43 am
Check that the switch on the back of the MC6000 is set to Mac rather than PC.

Posted Thu 05 Apr 12 @ 3:24 am
I followed both replies (plugging the mc6000 into computer before turning on mac & the switch is on MAC before turning on the mc6000) when I load up VDJ I get the splash screen then it says "Cannot find the skin file in VirtualDJ Document or Library folders. Please reinstall the application"

Not sure what to do from here! Please Help, this is very frustrating.

Thanks!

Posted Thu 05 Apr 12 @ 1:01 pm

Posted Fri 06 Apr 12 @ 3:32 pm
The issue ended up being in the midi controller settings. It was not picking up the mc6000 when plugged in. To fix this issue, I had to re-install my OS. After doing so, I plugged the mc6000 in and the midi settings picked up the device.

Posted Mon 09 Apr 12 @ 10:44 am
i bought a usb device to plug into board and laptop to get tunes through board but its not working
headphone jack is busted too
please help

Posted Fri 23 Sep 16 @ 12:24 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)