Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DDJ-S1 Help - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i followed the instructions on changing device name on the midi screen and it now works on my MBP snow leopard i got the same led "problem" that the other users are describing, i guess i can live with it...vdj did a good job in mapping the device :)..so to all the people that are waiting for the ddj-s1 to work with vdj ...i would say go ahead..but make sure you own the pro version of the software :)

Posted Wed 02 May 12 @ 12:34 pm
BBPROPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Hi:
I have the same led issues + misfunction problems during performance (in the middle of a gig, some functions such as loop, effects etc..) stop working.

I have DDJS1+MAC OS (already have the MIDI name changed to DDJ-S1 MIDI).

I submitted a ticked and was told to update the firmware, but in PIONEER it specifically says that for MAC you dont need to do that as they havenĀ“t released any updates (the only updates are for windows).

Has anyone facing the same problem has fixed it? (without changing MAC to Windows or going back to serato)

PLEASE HELP!

Posted Sun 17 Jun 12 @ 5:35 pm
Andrus - you want to continue to act like a fool, then continue what you are doing. But do it some where else.

Please respect the forum rules or you will lose access to the forums.

Posted Tue 18 Sep 12 @ 10:29 pm

Posted Wed 19 Sep 12 @ 1:34 am
Hello!

I saw that my account andrus2007 is banned, so I would like to explain few things.
When browsing your forum I found the topic "DDJ-S1 Help" and under that was a comment which in my opinion was very offensive towards Mac users. So I wrote my personal opinion, saying that in my opinion only idiots are using Windows for working. I am aware that every person has their right to have their own opinion and they can express it freely. I didn't offense anybody personally and moderator deleted my comment. Then I draw moderator's attention to the fact that there were a lot of offensive comments towards Mac users, but moderator said I am stupid and should shut up. I took that as a bad customer service and it was offensive!

I don't agree that it is right or fair that I am not able to write to forum anymore. Neither can I update my software that I have bought and therefore are entitled to have the ability to update my software. I really hope that this unfair situation is going to be solved. I am really sorry if I was offensive towards your team and I am not really interested in writing to forum ever again. I just want to get my membership back.

PS! For your information, thanks to me there is three PRO users in Estonia whom I have suggested to buy Virtual DJ Pro. I have personally thought about the Serato Itch as my DDJ-S1 is supporting. Virtual DJ doesn't provide half of the plugins and effect for Mac users that Windows users can have. The price for Virtual DJ for both is exactly the same. This is probably the main reason why this discussion in forum took apart.

I hope you can solve this problem for me and I don't have to take it further!

Posted Thu 20 Sep 12 @ 9:03 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Andrus -

The problem is what you took 'offensive' - you made it personal. And that is what you we asked to respect. You decided to make it your only like crusade to point out all the things offensive to you in order to justify your own actions.

Then when told to respect the forum rules, you call out a moderator. Then when asked to take your 'foolish' actions elsewhere - you call me personally out in a support ticket.

<< Do you see what level I am at ?? Not a smart thing to do - let's see what did you write?? "this teamer is idiot?" - I think that was it.

Part of our job at the corporate level is to assist and support the moderators of our forums. Personally, I see nothing wrong with what our moderators have done. That is my opinion and obviously the opinion of my colleagues - because you ended up 'banned' from the forums with your registered account.

So, maybe after a few days of calming down; we will re-evaluate if you ban should be lifted. So, the results are in your hands and please respect our forum rules and the people on the forums, then we can get things back to normal.

Cool?

Cheers,
Chris

Posted Thu 20 Sep 12 @ 2:28 pm
i dont understand english, but no problem. I need only updates and plugins (because i purhased this software for work). Forum not intresting anymore me.

Posted Fri 21 Sep 12 @ 4:44 am
I'm looking to buy Pioneer DDJ-S1, will VDJ work without any issues ?

Posted Thu 11 Apr 13 @ 8:56 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Yes, Pioneer DDJ-S1 is natively supported http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ%20Controllers.html
However it does not come with VirtualDJ LE software, so you will have to purchase (upgrade your LE to) Pro Full version.
You will be able to test the S1 using Home Free version for 10 minutes each time you restart the software, prior purchasing/upgrading.

Posted Thu 11 Apr 13 @ 3:47 pm
i dont understand, why do you need to use virtual dj on S1 if it supports serato dj? For video use seratovideo plugin or mixemergency (much better).

Posted Fri 02 Aug 13 @ 3:18 pm
I need help I just bought the ddjs1 and instal itch software 2 and I seen that virtual dj 7 works with it but I caint get it to work right it's tell me my settings are wrong and it only works for 10 min

Posted Fri 18 Jul 14 @ 10:29 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Sat 19 Jul 14 @ 10:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)