Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: ASIO4ALL WITH MACPRO

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello Everyone;

I just installed VDJ 7 on my new MACPRO. I downloaded ASIO4ALL but unfortunately it doenst work. Anybody with an idea how to go about
it? What do I need to do compatibly with my Asio sound card? I have Asio sound card... I will appreciate your prompt help.

Regards,

Dj Joe Black

Posted Mon 05 Mar 12 @ 8:45 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Hi Joe,

ASIO is for Windows only and not possible to use on Mac side.
You have to use Core or better on VDJ side the 4-out option! (VDJ Config - Soundcard)

What soundcard do you like to use?

Posted Mon 05 Mar 12 @ 9:00 am
ASIO4ALL is a ASIO-emulator for WDM-audio. WDM stands for Windows Driver Model, so ASIO4ALL will only work on a Windows-PC. For your own safety: Don't just DL drivers without checking what you're about to DL.
If your card is ASIO-compatible, don't use ASIO4ALL but use the manufacturers drivers instead.

Your Mac probably doesn't work with ASIO but with Core. Therefor you better install the original drivers from the manufacturers website. Big chance they offer Mac-drivers as well.

[EDIT]: Too late.... Again ;)

Posted Mon 05 Mar 12 @ 9:07 am
Haui70 wrote :
Hi Joe,

ASIO is for Windows only and not possible to use on Mac side.
You have to use Core or better on VDJ side the 4-out option! (VDJ Config - Soundcard)

What soundcard do you like to use?

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply...I only have ASIO Soundcard which I have been using on HP Comp with windows. If I got you right, do I have to download core on my mac comp?

Rgds

Posted Mon 05 Mar 12 @ 12:47 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Some brands also offer mac driver, so you have to look on their homepage.

But if you are a lucky guy, you can use it without any further drivers.
Just use 4out and give it a try.

What is the name of that card?

Posted Mon 05 Mar 12 @ 1:01 pm
Martin FourS wrote :
ASIO4ALL is a ASIO-emulator for WDM-audio. WDM stands for Windows Driver Model, so ASIO4ALL will only work on a Windows-PC. For your own safety: Don't just DL drivers without checking what you're about to DL.
If your card is ASIO-compatible, don't use ASIO4ALL but use the manufacturers drivers instead.

Your Mac probably doesn't work with ASIO but with Core. Therefor you better install the original drivers from the manufacturers website. Big chance they offer Mac-drivers as well.

[EDIT]: Too late.... Again ;)

Hi,

thanks indeed for your advise. Just don't understand what you mean by "installing original divers from the manufacturers website". Which website would that be? And which drivers are those?

Rgds

Posted Mon 05 Mar 12 @ 1:33 pm
Haui70 wrote :
Some brands also offer mac driver, so you have to look on their homepage.

But if you are a lucky guy, you can use it without any further drivers.
Just use 4out and give it a try.

What is the name of that card?

Thanks for your Info. The soundcard that I have been using on my HP Comp is ASIO SOUNDCARD...

Posted Mon 05 Mar 12 @ 1:37 pm
You are making some confusing statements...
First things first: Core is integrated in Mac OS-X. You don't need to DL that.
I can't send you to a manufacturers website if I don't know what brand and type the soundcard is. There is no universal driver, so you need to know who made that soundcard. The term ASIO Soundcard is common and used by Windows. That's not the manufacturer.

Best chance you've got now is take out the soundcard and see if there is a brand-name and type printed on the circuitboard. Then we know where to lead you to.

Just out of curiousity: Does your computer look like this?:

The reason I ask is that you don't need to put a soundcard in that computer: it has got pretty decent onboard sound.
And then there's the remark of the ASIO Soundcard in your HP-computer. I can't figure out what you mean by that: Did you take out the card from your HP and put that in the Mac? That's not gonna work... (and as far as I know it won't even fit)

Posted Mon 05 Mar 12 @ 2:48 pm
Martin FourS wrote :
You are making some confusing statements...
First things first: Core is integrated in Mac OS-X. You don't need to DL that.
I can't send you to a manufacturers website if I don't know what brand and type the soundcard is. There is no universal driver, so you need to know who made that soundcard. The term ASIO Soundcard is common and used by Windows. That's not the manufacturer.

Best chance you've got now is take out the soundcard and see if there is a brand-name and type printed on the circuitboard. Then we know where to lead you to.

Just out of curiousity: Does your computer look like this?:

The reason I ask is that you don't need to put a soundcard in that computer: it has got pretty decent onboard sound.
And then there's the remark of the ASIO Soundcard in your HP-computer. I can't figure out what you mean by that: Did you take out the card from your HP and put that in the Mac? That's not gonna work... (and as far as I know it won't even fit)

Here we go:

1-My new Comp is a MACBOOK PRO. My old comp (of which I still use to DJ) is an HP. It uses a ASIO Sound card.

2-The point is I'm trying to use the same Asio soundcard @ HP for MACBOOK PRO. That is where the problem comes in...

3-I never took out card as per assumption...

4-The manufacturer of the Asio Soundcard is ESI ie www.esi-audio.com

I trust this info is ample. Thanks a million...

Posted Mon 05 Mar 12 @ 3:47 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Does your soundcard happen to look like this one:

http://www.esi-audio.com/products/maya44usb/

If so, as mentioned by everyone so far, simply connect it to the USB port of your MACBOOK and it will be automatically recognized by OS X.

To verify this is the case, go to Applications > Utilities > Audio/MIDI configuration, and it should be present.

Then, in VDJ audio menu, use the following configuration:

- Input : None

- Output(s): Headphone > Master :Output 1-2/ Headphone Output 3-4

-Soundcard: 4 Output > ESI Maya (or however name is enumerated)

Posted Mon 05 Mar 12 @ 4:20 pm
djjoeblack wrote :
Here we go:
1-My new Comp is a MACBOOK PRO. My old comp (of which I still use to DJ) is an HP. It uses a ASIO Sound card.
2-The point is I'm trying to use the same Asio soundcard @ HP for MACBOOK PRO. That is where the problem comes in...
3-I never took out card as per assumption...
4-The manufacturer of the Asio Soundcard is ESI ie www.esi-audio.com
I trust this info is ample. Thanks a million...

That's clear ;)
It looks like DJ Phatso got the right conclusion. I got an older Maya (now ESI) soundcard (The EX7) which worked on my Mac without the need for installing drivers.
I hope you inderstand that without a proper description of the used gear it is almost impossible to give the right advise.

Posted Mon 05 Mar 12 @ 5:13 pm

Posted Tue 06 Mar 12 @ 4:55 am
HOLA E COMPRADO UNA PC MAC Y NO PUEDO INSTALAR ASIO DRIVER PAR EL DENON HC4500

Posted Tue 09 Oct 12 @ 11:34 am
Sorry, this forum is for English language messages only.

Please either post your message again in English or use the appropriate language forum at the bottom of http://www.virtualdj.com/forums to post in your own language.

ASIO is also not applicable to Apple Mac computers (Unless you are using Bootcamp.) It is Windows PC specific only. Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/DN-HC4500.html

Posted Wed 10 Oct 12 @ 5:06 am
morning can someone please help me. my software won't work with my mix deck hardware

Posted Fri 01 Nov 13 @ 9:35 am
Please open your own new topic on this subject rather than hijacking an old topic from 2012 that is not related in any way.

To open a new topic, click on the pen and paper icon at the top of the main forum topic list.

Posted Fri 01 Nov 13 @ 10:35 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)