Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Any tips on how to easily beat-match? - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Y0UNGINN wrote :
I'm also having difficulties with this. I prefer to beat match with a snare drum since its the most obvious for a crowd to hear. this is easy to find by ear, but i cant find it with eye to set a good cue or know when to press play on the 2nd track. since the snare obviously isn't at every second, this is hard for me to find. and also my hand moves slower than i can hear i guess so just pressing the cue button when i hear the drum doesn't always align it properly.

Don't user your eyes to set the cue point, use your ear by finding the snare hit you want to use, pause, use your deck platter pull the track back and forth to find the spot you are looking for, when you find it set your cue. Of course if you are spinning live to a crowd you will want to do this in your headphones.

Posted Wed 12 Jul 17 @ 2:00 pm
JWatt83ControlleristMember since 2016
Also, try setting the central window to scratch ( i prefer this waveform to the larger one) and check the Beat Grid matches with what's playing

If not, right click on BPM and you can drag or nudge along the beat grid.

Posted Sun 20 Aug 17 @ 10:37 am
Please don't spam the forum by posting the exact same thing in different areas - under different account names too.

You've posted that THREE TIMES so far. One post (and one account) is enough. Thanks.

Posted Mon 21 Aug 17 @ 5:33 pm
good idea and info

Posted Tue 22 Aug 17 @ 1:09 am
@Removesync, your post was leveled up for being a duplicate.

Posted Sat 26 Aug 17 @ 6:53 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)