Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Stanton SCS.4DJ - Setup, Mappings, and Display Enhancement files - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
STANTON SCS.4DJ

The Stanton SCS.4DJ is the first truly integrated DJ system offering one-button automatic synchronization. The embedded computer system assists your mixing by automatically synchronizing the tracks at the push of a button. This digital mix engine also allows the SCS.4DJ to be placed into "Auto-DJ" mode, where the unit will automatically mix the music in your playlist based on your chosen style of mixing.

** The Stanton SCS.4DJ is only a MIDI controller. You need to use an alternative sound device with the unit. **

You must load the latest firmware for the SC-IX OS in order to use these files.

Download the firmware and instructions from the Stanton SCS.4DJ site - http://www.stantondj.com/stanton-controllers-systems/scs4dj.html

Select the SUPPORT tab to get the files.

You can find the VirtualDJ Mapping files along with the LCD Display Enhancement files here - http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/13920/Stanton_SCS_4DJ.html

There is a PDF in the additional ZIP file download that has the explanation of the mappings along with instructions for loading the LCD Display Enhancement files. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY and follow the instructions exactly as listed.

Hope you have FUN and ENJOY!!

Posted Fri 25 Nov 11 @ 2:14 am
I can only scroll in one direction in the browser list or song list with the wheel, am I doing something wrong?

Posted Tue 29 Nov 11 @ 8:39 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have the same problem of ccourchesne, the middle wheel seems to have some problem to scrolling songs.

Posted Thu 01 Dec 11 @ 2:39 am
An update has been loaded that fixes the Browser wheel.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Chris

Posted Thu 01 Dec 11 @ 7:33 am
what does the screen show? is it an extension of vdj's skins or is it blank in midi mode?

Posted Thu 01 Dec 11 @ 7:39 am
It is essentially blank with the exception of the labels for the buttons that are on the left and right side.
You can also add 'custom' labels for the four buttons below the screen.

Posted Thu 01 Dec 11 @ 8:38 am
Thanks for the fix cstoll,
Firmware 2.0 loaded and test with VirtualDJ done ;)

Sorry for the Italian language, at the end of the video I show VirtualDJ with Stanton SCS.4DJ

Posted Fri 02 Dec 11 @ 2:25 am
Cioce - good video for what I 'see' :) ... I am sure your comments about the VirtualDJ integration are 'positive' ???

Care to give a brief translation or some comment about the mapping?

Posted Fri 02 Dec 11 @ 10:10 am
I have installed the mapper 5 minutes before to make the video and you can understand I don't have done more test but the only problem that I see was the browser wheel fixed in your last mapper.

I really like the TEXT on the display near the 4+4 buttons ;)

Posted Fri 02 Dec 11 @ 11:26 am
Ok, great.

Glad to know my instructions for updating the display were very easy to follow then since you only did it 5 minutes before the video shoot.

Look forward to any more comments that you might have when you have more time.

Ciao

Posted Fri 02 Dec 11 @ 11:48 am
Some places it's stated "** The Stanton SCS.4DJ is only a MIDI controller. You need to use an alternative sound device with the unit. ** "
but as I can see there is Jack and RCA output from the unit - that tells me that there is a soundcard in: So what does it mean that i need to use "alternative sound device" with the unit? - can't i just add my Active Speakers to the Jack's ?

Posted Thu 08 Dec 11 @ 6:34 am
It is an integrated sound device - not a sound card. The sound device in the unit is only for when you run it in stand alone mode. If you switch it to be a MIDI controller the audio device is not available to the computer to use.

Therefore - it is ONLY a MIDI controller, and you would need to provide an alternative sound device (card) solution (if you don't already have one).

Posted Thu 08 Dec 11 @ 10:52 am
Mikl971Home userMember since 2011

Posted Fri 30 Dec 11 @ 9:25 am
Nobody will illegally send you files to which you are not currently entitled.

Please DO NOT ask this again in the forums or your account will be locked.

Mappers and other add-ons are only available to registered licensed users who have purchased the full VirtualDJ Professional: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

If you like VirtualDJ, please support it and its future development by purchasing it.

Posted Fri 30 Dec 11 @ 9:39 am
I have installed the new firmware as well the mapped file. VERY easy installation! It would be nice if the headphones could be plugged into the Stanton SCS.4DJ instead of the laptop though in the MIDI controller mode. The headphone/ master fader still works though in the MIDI mode. Other than that, I haven't had any other issues. It's nice to see that Virtual DJ is responsive and developed the mapped files in a very reasonable amount of time. It would have been nice if Stanton made it clear in their documentation/ reviews that the hardware did not have valid map files. I've had it for two months and it finally acts the way it should. Thanks a lot Virtual DJ!! Please keep me posted. Has anyone developed a Stanton SCS.4DJ skin with the default skin bottom layout?

Posted Fri 30 Dec 11 @ 10:09 am
kweef19ControlleristMember since 2011
On the mapping page I notice that there is a comment saying that this controller is only a midi controller and depends on an alternate sound device ie. (sound card) any suggestions as to an inexpensive sound card that will definitely be compatible with this controller?

Posted Tue 24 Jan 12 @ 11:52 pm
I use a Numark DJ iO. They are between $65-75 dollars on Amazon and other sites.

http://www.amazon.com/Numark-DJ-Multi-Channel-Interface/dp/B000S5Q2EK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327521332&sr=8-1

I have used a few various "import" sound cards. The have worked ok while I am using it at my house, but for some reason always act up once or twice during paid shows. ALWAYS have a MP3 or mix CD ready to go just in case if you are using the $5-10 cards. If you are doing it as a paid job, invest the money into a good card such as the one listed above. I haven't had any software/ hardware issues since I've been using the Numark DJ iO.

Posted Wed 25 Jan 12 @ 2:00 pm
ello,

who can send me the following file I can not download it:

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/13920/Stanton_SCS_4DJ.html

cordially
Jake

It says i have broadcaster when its not true, i bought a VDJ pro 7 , and use that serial #... can somebody plz help :(

moderator note, please do not ask users to send files you are not entitled to. Your current licence does not permit use with Midi controllers

Thank you

Keith

Posted Mon 26 Mar 12 @ 2:08 pm
you said in >>this<< thread that you only brought Broadcastor...

Posted Mon 26 Mar 12 @ 2:14 pm
i said that, but it was vdj pro.

Posted Mon 26 Mar 12 @ 4:18 pm
54%