Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Video freeze when hardware acceleration is not enabled

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Please can anyone help me, I have been using vdj of many years now and this week I decided to get a laptop as the specs are good enough these days.

Brand: HP
Memory (RAM) 6144 MB
Storage 750 GB
Processor Intel Core i5
Processor Number: 2410M
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
Graphics Device: AMD Radeon HD 6490M
Chipset Manufacturer: Intel
Chipset Model: HM65
CPU Speed: 2.3GHz
Dedicated Graphics Memory: 1024MB
Graphics Device Memory Type: DDR5

Every time I tick the hardware acceleration tab to use clip bank or text function, the video locks up and starts strobing on extension 2 and on my monitor display. I have using version 705b, I have updated the bios, I have selected fixed graphics in the new bios, all the drivers are current and still the video will only work when the hardware acceleration tab is not ticked. There is some lag on the graphics when the acceleration tab is not ticked. I have even run vdj in xp mode, still no joy.

Please can anyone put some light on this

Kind wished

Keith

Posted Sat 19 Nov 11 @ 9:32 am

Posted Sat 19 Nov 11 @ 3:22 pm
Many thanks for your quick reply. I have rolled back the video drivers but sadly no joy, I have used the reg tool to change the value of ram to be used for video but for some reason that section show the 58 in a grayed out box and I can't change it, how do I alter this value please?

Kind regards

Keith

Posted Sun 20 Nov 11 @ 3:08 am
that value in grey you cant change , that value is the current video memory active , the value you must change is : videomemmaxuse .
i have that problem now again , i solved it last time by changing the value to 0 , but it seems that for me now is not working again .
Good luck .

Posted Wed 22 Feb 12 @ 5:37 pm

Posted Thu 27 Sep 12 @ 11:10 pm
VDJCUTPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Try this, i watched the above video and it didnt work for me, but the following did, good luck !
djshaitown wrote :
THANK YOU DJCHRISCUT !!!!!!!!!!!!

PROBLEM SOLVED !!! THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!! OFFICIAL ANSWER BELOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Try altering these settings in the registry editor,take note of the original settings first to go back to if they dont work.I was pulling out my hair for ages.It worked for me,every video froze after a few seconds and everybody seemed to blame windows 7 or a bug in VDJ 7 and i tried all the posted suggestions with no joy,but its normally down to dual video cards and video memory allocation not the programs or software.
Tap on the windows icon to bring up the search window and type in regedit,click on regedit, this brings up the registry editor.Find and open up the virtual dj file and scroll down the page and change the following to the values by their side and give it a go.

Double click on the following to open up then click on the Hexadecimal button and input these figures;

VideoMemoryFree = hexadecimal 1491
VideoMemoryMaxUse =hexadecimal 1

These are the figures i have now inputted and it got rid of the freezing problem,TAKE NOTE OF THE ORIGINALS FIRST in case it throws your program out, but it worked for me and i am now having no problems at all and all sorts of transitions and video effects can be thrown at it at once with NO video playback freeze!!!! "

Posted Thu 11 Oct 12 @ 6:11 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
djshaitown wrote :
VideoMemoryFree = hexadecimal 1491

I don't think 1491 was an hexadecimal value because it would mean 5265 in decimal so 5265 MB of dedicated VRAM...

Posted Fri 19 Oct 12 @ 2:49 pm
D2thaCPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Ok I have finally figured the issue with my pc, great look guys, the nightmare will be finally over after I test it next week...Now onto my pc at home. I have a custom built PC at home with 16 gigs of memory. If I go into the registery and change the videomemmax decibal to 2050 which is half the ram...what do I need to set the videoyv12bug too? What would be the proper number? Thanks in advance - D2thaC

Posted Sun 17 Mar 13 @ 12:34 pm
vjboyPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Couldn't the changes mentioned in DJChrisCut's post also be made by using the VDJ settings editor?

Posted Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 4:20 pm
maguluHome userMember since 2013
thanks so much cause this massage has helped me resovle me problem of freezing
God bless you.

Posted Fri 05 Jul 13 @ 5:18 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)