Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEWS] Atomix Productions acquires AdionSoft - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Atomix Productions Inc. announces the acquisition of AdionSoft,
the company behind djDecks, PCDJ Red Mobile and PCDJ Dex.

Atomix Productions is growing bigger and stronger every day. In order to accelerate the development of future versions, and invent the best cutting-edge features, Atomix Productions has acquired the development company AdionSoft.

AdionSoft is the company that wrote top-rated DJ software such as djDecks, PCDJ Red Mobile or PCDJ Dex. By incorporating AdionSoft engineers, Atomix Productions was able to greatly enhance its development force, and infuse a new diversity in its developments methods and ideas.

“AdionSoft engineers and Atomix engineers have both been working on DJ software for the past 15 years, but have come up with different solutions and perspectives to common tasks”, says Stephane Clavel, Atomix Productions CEO. “By getting the insight of both teams on every single feature during the re-write of VirtualDJ 8, we were guaranteed to get the best of both world, and end up with a fresh and better software”.

Atomix Productions has been working in the past few months on a brand new version, VirtualDJ 8, which will be a complete re-write from the ground up. While every single feature that users are accustomed to will still be there, a lot of freshness has been injected, and many new groundbreaking features have been added.

More details about the new VirtualDJ 8 will be available soon.

Posted Wed 02 Nov 11 @ 6:15 pm
All I can is CONGRATS!! You guys and your team have been nothing but the best, even though I'm a little hard headed at times lol!! Regardless of what others might say VDJ is the best software out there for me!! I seen this program grow into something great over these past 5 years and I'm excited that your continuing to grow!

Nothing but the best for you and your team and I can't wait for VDJ8!!
Respect
Huey

Posted Thu 03 Nov 11 @ 12:29 pm
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I've had VDJ since version 5. I am a proud VDJ owner. Congrats VDJ!!!! I'm very excited to see what will be in version 8.

Posted Thu 03 Nov 11 @ 12:55 pm
Awesome news! Can't wait for vdj 8 : D

Posted Thu 03 Nov 11 @ 12:56 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Wow, full of anticipation now for the next release.

Posted Thu 03 Nov 11 @ 1:33 pm
Corporate staff wrote :

“By "mixing" the insight of both teams on every single feature during the re-write of VirtualDJ 8, we were guaranteed to get the best of both world, and end up with a fresh and better software”.

I replaced the word "getting" with "mixing" seemed more appropriate lol

Posted Thu 03 Nov 11 @ 2:16 pm
Good luck on the VirtualDj 8 roll-out..
HOPEFULLY it will be just in time for Christmas. A wonderful gift from Atomix

Posted Thu 03 Nov 11 @ 2:44 pm
thats great news, congrats atomix... I look forward to your next installment of vdj

Posted Thu 03 Nov 11 @ 2:45 pm
GGCOMPRO InfinityMember since 2008
wow..!
-nice to see good communication between a company and its base.
-hope that you can make vdj better than ever.
that said, i wonder how good vdj8 will sound=)

congrats and all the best!=)

Posted Thu 03 Nov 11 @ 3:12 pm
In Stéph We Trust :-)

Posted Thu 03 Nov 11 @ 3:25 pm
I was JUST talking with a fellow DJ last night about PCDJ. She uses PCDJ to gig with, mainly karaoke, and I was telling her how amazing VDJ is. Congrats team! Anticipating VDJ 8!

Posted Thu 03 Nov 11 @ 4:06 pm
Congratz!

Posted Thu 03 Nov 11 @ 4:15 pm
Congratulations on your aquisition. The fact you have undertaken a complete rewrite for version 8 is testiment to your drive for perfection.

And I concur with others, the communication between company and users is some to be proud of and should be the envy of others.

I look forward to welcoming the new team members to the forums.

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Thu 03 Nov 11 @ 6:02 pm
will certainly be a new era, because as the launch of VDJ7 was already a successful picture now linked to these other software will be even better VDJ congratulations to all of Atomix

Posted Thu 03 Nov 11 @ 6:08 pm
Can?

Adios nSoft ,-)

Posted Thu 03 Nov 11 @ 6:41 pm
DjBoy01PRO InfinityMember since 2009
This is AWESOME news... Been using Atomix products ever since AtomixMP3 and love to see this company grow as time passes by. Can't wait to get me a taste of the new VDJ8. Only concern now is with this new acquisition will VDJ still have their awesome FREE Upgrades policy?

-DJ Boy

P.S. I smell an update coming soon since they took down the 7.0.5b thread off the forum so excited!!! ::Crosses Finger::

Posted Thu 03 Nov 11 @ 6:42 pm
AndrewPRO InfinityMember since 2003
DJ Boy,

Rest assured, our upgrade policy will remain unchanged! Thanks for all of the support.

Best,

Andrew

Posted Thu 03 Nov 11 @ 7:08 pm
Ok this is not funny. Im losing sleep over this. This the nth time I'm checking this site for the release of VDJ 8. Haha. Im really excited.

Posted Thu 03 Nov 11 @ 7:18 pm
djsonance wrote :
Ok this is not funny. Im losing sleep over this. This the nth time I'm checking this site for the release of VDJ 8. Haha. Im really excited.

I don't think the news you're thinking of will be tonight.

the usual pattern of upgrades is that the sticky comes down during the week...
then we wait...

and usually Sunday morning.. BAM!!!

Were all happy. But as they say "All Good Things Come To Those Who Wait"

Posted Thu 03 Nov 11 @ 8:35 pm
GGCOMPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I hope that all video stuff is moved to a different project so that VDJ can be a full DJ software without visual FX gimmickery :P

just saying :P

-that being said - i really love and appreciate VDJ =)

Posted Thu 03 Nov 11 @ 10:45 pm
10%