Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Latest version for Mac OSX 10.4.11

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello there,

my macbook is running on Mac OSX 10.4 and I am not able to upgrade to a later version. I am searching for the latest version of Virtual DJ Home version that works on my system. Can anybody help me and give me information where to download?

Thank you very much!

Posted Sun 03 Jul 11 @ 6:51 am
Sorry, MacOS Tiger is a very old operating system and is not supported by VirtualDJ.

If your Mac is Intel-based then you will need to upgrade it to the latest Snow Leopard (10.6)

If it has a Power PC (PPC) processor then you will need to purchase a new computer. PPC (PowerPC) processor is very old architecture and is not supported by VirtualDJ.

There is no version of Home FREE or VirtualDJ v7 available for this obsolete operating system.

Posted Mon 04 Jul 11 @ 8:03 am
its amazing how you software developers cut the poor people out by not suppotting the software you make. everytime you come out with something new you tell us something we've just obtained its trash. Its unfair. were not all rich and can go out and buy a new computer. you need to support your product. how much room on your corparate site does it take to have older versions? Its a big game ya'll play with the consumers and im dissapointed that virtualdj play that game. support the people that want the old version. we all dont want 7.0. thanks

Posted Tue 26 Jul 11 @ 6:34 am
We do still support LE users who are using older versions of the software that came with their hardware products (E.g: Older versions of the Hercules DJ Consoles) as well as do our best to support registered licensed users who still choose to run older versions rather than upgrading to the latest (At no added cost for Basic and Pro users.)

However, all software and hardware products have a life cycle and it is not cost effective to continue developing, supporting and/or bug fixing old and obsolete versions and/or for obsolete computers/operating systems that are no-longer supported by their manufacturers. The majority of users using and purchasing our products are using hardware that meets and in most cases exceeds our minimum specifications: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/index.html

Home FREE is free software and has only ever been available for Intel-based Mac's running MacOS Leopard 10.5 or above.

MacOS Tiger is no-longer supported by Apple and we have not supported this obsolete operating system since early versions of VirtualDJ v6 - Home FREE did not exist until v7.

If you need a cheap option to run Home FREE, then you could always purchase a basic NetBook PC. These are more than adequate for home mixing or parties for family/friends. Many professional working DJ's also use these as backup computers.

Posted Tue 26 Jul 11 @ 7:49 am
virtul dj is the best i want to download virtual dj 10 pro

Posted Sun 21 Aug 16 @ 6:14 am

Posted Tue 20 Sep 16 @ 7:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)