Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Help needed for mixing vinyl with Mp3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi

I have just got the hercules rmx & hooked it up with Virtual DJ

I can play my MP3's with the settings for input on line in

I can also put my Technics 1210 into the phone input, change the source & play this however I need to change the input settings to timecode and when I do this on the other channel the mp3 doesn't play

Basically I would like to be able to mix my vinyls and mp3's at the same time but can't get it to work

Help please! One of the reasons I got the hercules rmx was so I could do this as I have 1000's of vinyls and haven't got the time to convert them all to mp3's

Posted Fri 25 Mar 11 @ 1:42 pm
^ u will need to upgrade to the pro version to use the tcv feature. once you do that, you can click on the "source" button for whichever deck u wanna run vinyl on and it will stream in and out the phono signal coming out of that deck.

in this way you can run actual vinyl on one deck and mp3 on the other.

Posted Sun 27 Mar 11 @ 12:41 pm
Thanks for the reply

I should have been clearer in the original post - I am actually now running the Pro7 version (when I bought the hercules rmx second hand off ebay the pro version came with it)

Can you explain what you meant by TCV?

I can run the source as vinyl but I need to run deck A as the phono input & mix in Mp3 from deck B

CHeers

Posted Sat 02 Apr 11 @ 3:40 am
rmx should have came with the LE version, not the pro. you would have had to buy it separately.

Posted Sat 02 Apr 11 @ 3:51 am
I know that the rmx comes with LE version

I bought the rmx on ebay & the seller included his full version of VDJ pro - I paid extra for that

Can you explain what you meant before?

Cheers

Posted Sat 02 Apr 11 @ 8:30 am
I've just realised that by TCV you mean time-coded vinyl

I have already seen that in the Input in settings you can change it to this - however if I do the vinyl works on one deck but the MP3 doesn't on the other

Similarly if you change the input to Line ins then the mp3's work but even when change the source on the hercules the vinyl doesn't

What am I doing wrong?

Posted Sat 02 Apr 11 @ 8:35 am
has to be in phono since your doing turntables, you use line for cdjs

Posted Sat 02 Apr 11 @ 8:44 am
I'm not talking about the back of the hercules - I know it has to be phono - I was talking about the input settings in virtual DJ

What i'm saying is that when I press the source button to change deck A to the vinyl it does not work how do I get it to work?

Posted Tue 05 Apr 11 @ 12:21 pm
it should work, post a video if you can

Posted Tue 05 Apr 11 @ 12:24 pm
dave im having the same problem.. i have virtual dj pro 7 which i bought today. when i press the source button on the rmx so i can use my turntable nothing happens. i had no problem using the source button and mixing vinyl using the virtual dj LE edition. can someone help me out?

Posted Tue 24 May 11 @ 12:07 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
@Mattos000

Did you configure VDJ to work with your turntables ?

If you are using timecodes, the audio configuration should be something like:

- Input : Timecodes

- Output(s): Headphone >Master Chan1/2 / headphone Chan3/4

-Soundcard: DJ Console Rmx

For standard vinyls (or other external sources) the audio configuration should be

- Input : Line Ins

- Output(s): Headphone >Master Chan1/2 / headphone Chan3/4

-Soundcard: DJ Console Rmx

Posted Tue 24 May 11 @ 2:53 pm
hey phatso thanks for your help ill give it a go when i finish work and let you know cause right now i have it on input: none

Posted Tue 24 May 11 @ 5:18 pm
djesco1PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Here is a video walk through.-----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSMwQD-3euY
Includes cable connections + explanation, Switch settings on Hercules RMX, and Settings on VDJ Pro.

Hope it helps the reading impaired
BTW DJ Phatso did a good brief writeup/check list. WTG!

We should make that part of the manual and if they have problems we just reply "RTFM!!!!"
Just kidding... we will always help out our friends, peers and fellow colleagues.

Sincerely,

DJ Esco

Posted Mon 24 Oct 11 @ 5:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)