Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual Dj Samples

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SchiumPRO InfinityMember since 2005
With the old software, Atomix the samples were perfect in their excution, meaning that you press say f12 and your sample plays (no loop) and if you press f12 again it stops the sample and plays it again from the begining, not just stoping it as it does in virtual dj. Is there any way to achieve this?

Posted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 12:31 am
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
press the button really fast lol, sounds like im mocking, but thats how i do it!

I also do this:

load the same sample into 2 different slots, say F11 and F12, then press F11, then when you want to start the sample again, rom the beginning, both keys at the same time, to stop the sample in F11, whilst triggering the sample in F12 simultaneously

Posted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 1:01 am

Posted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 1:04 am
Nebula, I've tryed that, but its just not the same, and sometimes theres a gap, I need that instantaneous feeling

Posted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 1:43 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It's already possible to set an option in order to play your sample synch to the beat - 1/2 beat or 1/4 beat.
Be sure that you don't launch your sample at a bad moment according to that option. Else VDJ wait for that synch.

Posted Sat 30 Jul 05 @ 8:41 am
You have to create 2 keyboard short cuts to achieve what you want. Go to: config, keyboard sortcuts, add, samples, sample, enter # of sample you want to re-play and press the key you want to use to re-play the sample. When you are done you need to do this exactly the same one more time. Now that shorcut will re-play your sample without stopping after you trigger it.

P.S: You will not be able to trigger your sample with this key. You will have to create another shortcut for that. For instance and use the "f" keys to trigger my samples and my "num lock pad" keys to re-played them.

Hope this help

Posted Sun 31 Jul 05 @ 2:42 am
Vnz161820, with this the effect plays twice, in full, but with atomix it wouldn't do that, it would stop the first instance and play again, and I don't always want it to play twice, maybe Id like to play it multiple times, or just once, If I could only get it to the way atomix has it, without going to atomix, heh

Posted Mon 01 Aug 05 @ 3:35 am
With the 2 same shortcuts of the SAME key, VDJ will stop your sample and will re-play it from the beggining without any pause or gaps. Make sure both shortcuts are using the same key # for 1 sample.
If you want your sample to stop at any point after that just use your other shortcut that triggers and stops your sample. Use different key # for that.
Now, If you dont want your samples to loop, just uncheck "loop" under the sample settings or record your samples as Jingles.

VNZ

Posted Mon 01 Aug 05 @ 5:17 am
Also, I use another shortcut that will play my samples temporary as you press the key, when you let go it will stop and if pressed again it will start again with no gaps. This is almost like a transformer effect.
For this effect just check the box that says "temporary" in the shortcut setting.

Posted Mon 01 Aug 05 @ 5:38 am
ah, i'm so glad to hear someone else with the same concern. i posted about this twice, but i imagine my No License User status doesn't merit much response besides 'buy the program'.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=9216
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/39847/General_Discussion/post_1_08_sampler___.html

rapid fire sample triggering would be nice as a reggae/dancehall dj and make virtual dj a completely worthwhile investment. and all the silly workarounds others have suggested, thanx... but its not the same.

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 5:47 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)