Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Commit Charge While Playing Videos

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

If my commit charge on music videos goes to 100% on 1 GIG mem if I upgrade the memory more say to 2 GIG will this lower my commit charge and possibly stop the hesitating video or will I be wasting money?

Posted Wed 27 Jul 05 @ 4:11 am
I meant the CPU usage sorry...

Posted Wed 27 Jul 05 @ 4:35 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Only a better video card will fix that.

Posted Wed 27 Jul 05 @ 5:23 am
I asked the guy that built this system for me for a better video card and he assured me the 128 would be fine. That is there no difference from the ATI 9250 and a 256 card for music videos. I though they were loaded into memory? Are they loaded into video memory? Becuase they play fine. There is only slight hesitation but noticable when I load a second video in.

Posted Wed 27 Jul 05 @ 5:35 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
first try to defrag all your harddisks.

It could imporve the CPU usage.

Posted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 1:23 am
Not a defraag issue or CPU issue. Doesn't anyone else have this problem? Happens on every computer I own and tried it on. 2 laptops and 1 powerful rackmount.

Posted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 2:17 am
Try changing the Virutal Memory to lower value..like say 384MB Min and Max-512mb....It is usually by default set to 1768MB...

Posted Sat 30 Jul 05 @ 9:00 am
Vantine,

This card is definatly at the lower end of things

Core clock: 240 Mhz
D-SUB: 1
DirectX: DirectX 8
Memory Clock: 400MHz
Memory Interface: 64-bit
OpenGL: OpenGL
PixelPipelines: 4

This card goes for 35 bucks on newegg. Not bad but not great. Lets look at the 6600gt's specs and compare them to the card you have.

Core clock: 500MHz
D-SUB: 1
DirectX: DirectX 9
DVI: 1
Memory Clock: 1000MHz
Memory Interface: 128-bit

This card goes for 150 on new egg.

As it should the memory interface and speed are almost double. For better video performace you need a better card so your cpu doesn't have to work so hard then wait on the gpu as much.

Posted Sat 30 Jul 05 @ 9:30 am
Cyder,

Don't care about the $$$ too much. How hard is it to put in a video card? I am computer literate a bit but never changed a video card. Can you reccomend an easy one to put in that will do the trick with any issues I am having. I had this computer built for me from someone reccomended from the boards. Had issues. Had to send it back. Asked for a now video card. Even offered to pay for more of a video card. Was told this is all I need when I left it up to that person (don't won't to name names because he did seem to try very hard) Can you please direct me a bit on what to buy if you wanted a kick ass video playing system. There are many 6600 GT's. Wouldn't want to go much more that $300.00 since I am already in about $3k and don't even have this ready to go yet. Thanks as always for the help..

Posted Sat 30 Jul 05 @ 6:41 pm
First we need to know what kind of slot is on your motherboard for graphics

either agp or pci express

Posted Sat 30 Jul 05 @ 7:40 pm
motherboard is a ati rs480m2 & ati sb400 chipset with AMD k8 athalon 64 fx processor.

Posted Sat 30 Jul 05 @ 8:29 pm

Posted Sat 30 Jul 05 @ 9:01 pm
How difficult are they to install?

Posted Sat 30 Jul 05 @ 10:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)