Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Are Digital DJs *REAL* DJs? - Page: 4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
So we can concluded,

A DJ is more than his tools. DJing is the work, the way is going to be done isn't what define you as a DJ.

The audience is going to TASTE your plate... it's healthy, it's tasty, it GOOD, then you do the work well.

I'm like DJing, it's a passion... but my job is done when I can do well my thing and the crowd is having a very good time. Sometimes it could be done easily other in a hard way, but it's the work and it should be done in the best way we can. VDJ do the things more easy and let me try another things to do a best job that only with CDs or Vinyls.

Posted Thu 22 Sep 05 @ 7:25 pm
MalekoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
For me, this is how I see it.

I suppose you would call me just a amature DJ.

I always wanted to be able to mix records, and always wanted to learn, but I didnt have to time or money to go out and spend on turn tables etc.
Then I found VDJ, this was the ultimate program for DJ'ing. I mean, We live in a digital age now, this is how technology is moving on.
I am able to learn and teach myself a lot more with VDJ than with turntables, as we live in a digital age, it hows we work.

What I'd say is, new DJ's should learn through VDJ, go forward, don't go back :P

Posted Fri 23 Sep 05 @ 11:41 am
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
for those of u in the US,
On MTV2 on Kanye West's Making Of his cd special....
Last segment when he's on stage rapping his dj is using VDJ. i cant tell what skin he's using im sure u full version users can tell. u can clearly seee he's using vdj's time coded vinyl coz of the red black and white spots in the center of the vinyl. the dj's using a laptop. he's scratching in the background

i gues that dj isnt real coz he's using VDJ!!!!

Posted Sat 24 Sep 05 @ 2:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)