Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ3 & DJMS3 automixing - Demo restrictions or Version restrictions or bugs?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm intrested in buying some software for casual use. I'd like to make some mixes on CDs, but also use it as a better media player to play playlists automatically.

(the following is with force fade enabled)

DJ Mix Station 3's demo got me hooked, but it seems no matter what I enable in the config boxes two tabs (that have enable/disable boxes), I cannot get the following to work. Is it a demo restriction or version restriction?

1) Automix in/out points don't last through closing and reopening the program. Demo restriction, version restriction, or bug?

2) Auto Automix (not button press, but while away from keyboard, reaching mix out point) does not automatically beatmatch songs for crossover transition. Demo restriction, version restriction, or bug?

3) If beatmatch is manually pressed (not that I want to hit it in between each song during media player purposes) then the automatic automix fade will occur with the music pitch matched, and then the pitch will go to the musics original speed. BUT, the fade does NOT occur with the beat in sync (in other words, beats are equidistant as their speeds are matched, but they're not adjacent as they should be)! It seems that this problem happens if the button is pressed while the table is not turning, but not when it is already be playing. Demo restriction, version restriction, or bug?

4) I may have missed it... but if its not available, why, oh why, is there not an option to make it so that beatlock locks MEASURES (matching the bolded 1st beats with eachother rather than the 1 to the other track's 2, 3, or 4 beat). Sure, you can manually stop the faded out deck until the measures match, but shouldn't this be an option to have done automatically? Demo restriction, version restriction, or bug? Even the Vitural DJ 3.0 Demo didn't have this! Is there a plugin for this? And if so, is it for Mix Station, or Virtual DJ?

I love the program, and am hooked for the manual control bit. But some of the missing features (like a measure match) just seem so obvious to me that I'm surprised they're not there, and hope it's just a demo restriction.

If you can answer even a single question or shed some light, I'd appreciate it. Please make reference to which point it is you're responding to.

Thanks.

Posted Mon 25 Jul 05 @ 6:09 am
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
Force fade will not beatmatch. force fade is to force automix to use the fade option.

If you disable the force fade, and you automix two songs that have the little star beside their BPM then they will be beatmatched.

Posted Mon 25 Jul 05 @ 11:21 am
Thanks for the Information!

It worked, but I'm not satisfied with the number of songs that are automatically asterisked...

But, I'M STOKED that I know how to get the songs to work well with eachother (and in the budget DJ Mix Station 3 software), and as good as you make an auto function, it's hard to make it find that perfect and point and how many measures ahead of it to make the start point and whatnot. So, I'd probably just end up manually doing them anyway, but it'd be nice if for times sake, the thing would at least to the first measure beat given the beat information, or if it does, to change the in and out points when the first beat is aligned correctly by the user (obviously this happens after the auto BPM scan, so perhaps this is what I'm dealing with. Much of the music that doesn't get BPM'd 100% accurately has the tempo right, just not the first beat in the measure. I'm sure most of you know this, but I'm rambling on if someone finds this thread that faced my question/problem. If you're said person, simply adjust BPM, click edit AutoMix tab, then Allow Mix temp, then set an in point and an out point X measures away from the key point, such that X is the what your fader speed is set to. (and make sure force fade is off) AutoMix should fade the songs together very nicely.

Thanks again.

Posted Tue 26 Jul 05 @ 2:15 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)