Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Help w distortion problem!!! - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
If you don't want to use TCV's you could use any 5.1 USB sound card. If you're planning to use TCV's or TCCDs you need a sound card with 4 inputs (or 2 stereo inputs) in order to use it with Virtual DJ. The Maya 44 do this without a problem and have 4 outputs (2 stereo outputs) to connect it to your mixer.

Some people here use SB Audigy 2 NX USB like a sound card too. You could use any 5.1 card (or greather) to work with VDJ.

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 3:17 pm
I had the same issue. Some anoying noise was noticable on the mixer, even when all sliders where down to zero! At the gig, there where many devices connected to the Dateq Mixer. Denon dual-cd player, 2 technics turntables, A Hercules console of my buddy and my own laptop using a 4 channel external soundcard.

i was trouble-shooting it by disconnecting alle devices one-by-one. at the end all of the devices were disconnected except my laptop> the noise was still there! so it had to be my laptop. I disconnected my laptop, and there is was .. the noise was gone.

putting on a groundwire from my laptop to the mixer didn't help. Believe it or not: i changed my Maya 44USB for an Echo IndogoDJ and the noise was still there. This tells me that the noise was not generated by any of the soundcards.

After struggling for some hours, the solution was clearly simple: plug your laptop's POWERSUPPLY into another group/wall-outlet. (differend than to which the other devices are connected to).
There is was: crystal clear sound running VirtualDJ together with all the other devices connected back to the mixer.

Btw: I have an Echo Indigo-DJ PCMCIA soundcard for sale. 4-outputs (no inputs), It has a signal-noise-ratio of 110 DB! Asio 2.0 compatible and runs "Rocksolid" with VirtualDJ. Because i bought TCVs, i needed a soundcard with 4 inputs/outputs. If you don't plan to use TimeCodedVinyls on a laptop, Echo IndigoDJ is best for you.

let me know ;)

Posted Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 9:43 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)