Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Shifting From Hot Cue Mode Into Cue Play Mode (Script Needed)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I want to create a SHIFT button that when toggled ON (pressing the first time).... all the HOT CUES (both Deck 1 and Deck 2) go into CUE PLAY mode. When I toggle this SHIFT button OFF (pressing again) ... all HOT CUES return back to their normal state.

All the hot cues follow this pattern initially - deck left hot_cue x or deck right hot_cue x

I tried by creating a Shift button using these parameters - set '$shift' 1
and I added this to the deck left hot_cue 1 to test by creating the query - var '$shift' ? deck left cue_play : deck right hot_cue

This didn't work or I should say that it created a Cue Play on Hot Cue 1 but never returned back into Hot Cue mode when pressing SHIFT again.

Hope that I am making sense here. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Posted Mon 13 Dec 10 @ 11:04 pm
I think that I figured it out .... instead of this ....

Shift button - set '$shift' 1
and I added this to the deck left hot_cue 1 to test by creating the query - var '$shift' ? deck left cue_play : deck right hot_cue

I created this ...

Shift button using these parameters - toggle "$shift" 1
and I added this to the deck left hot_cue 1 to test by creating the query - var "$shift" ? deck left cue_play 1 : deck right hot_cue 1

Still would like some feedback though. Still learning this VDJScript stuff :) Thanks in advance.

Posted Tue 14 Dec 10 @ 6:48 am
NEW ISSUE WITH THIS SCRIPTING .... How do I fix it so that when I go into CUE PLAY MODE that none of the already set hot cue points are moved into a new position? I want the hot cue points to stay where they are until I delete them.

Where are my VDJScript masters when you need them? :)

Posted Tue 14 Dec 10 @ 4:52 pm
Anybody?

Posted Wed 15 Dec 10 @ 5:36 pm
ReThinkPRO InfinityMember since 2009
For your initial post, try "toggle $shift" instead of "set $shift 1"

As for Cue/Play, it will take a bit more scripting because of how the verb cue_play works. If I am reading this right you want this

"var $shift ? down ? goto_cue 1 & play : goto_cue 1 : hot_cue 1"

When the track is stopped the cue_play will drop the defined cue point and play from there instead of what you wanted.

Lemme know if that works for ya.

ReThink

Posted Wed 15 Dec 10 @ 5:45 pm
ok here is the answer
the "set" button:
var_equal 'shift' 1 ? set 'shift' 0 : set 'shift' 1
the "action" button:
var_equal 'shift' 1 ? cue_play 1 : hot_cue 1

you can change the "shift" to whatever you want and you can map this for every cue point:P

Posted Wed 15 Dec 10 @ 6:35 pm
@ReThink and @Achileas7 ... Thank you both for answering my thread. I really appreciate it and look forward to your assistance again in the future. :)

Unfortunately after testing, I still am not getting the results I desire. I think both of you are closer than I was and the answer is a hybrid of some sort of your suggestions. I have been racking my brain on this for days.

I do agree with @ReThink that "it will take a bit more scripting because of how the verb cue_play works." In the VDJ Script Verbs listing for "Cue_play" this is the piece that I think that I am having the problem with ...

cue_play : if playing, pause and go to the last cue point. if paused, set the current position as cue point, and preview the cue as long as pressed.

I believe that my solution requires this parameter of "cue_play" to be canceled out in some way. Is this even possible ... where a parameter of the verb can be changed / negated?

Please people ... continue sending your suggestions. This process is helping me to learn this type of scripting fast. Thanks in advance. ;)

Posted Wed 15 Dec 10 @ 9:43 pm
I was going off the top of my head. Now that Im home...I tested this and this works

deck 1 hot_cue 1 ? deck 1 goto_cue 1 & deck 1 cue : deck 1 set_cue 1

This one will drop the cue if its not defined yet and will be a hot_cue when the track is playing. When the track is stopped/paused it will behave like a cue button as long as the cue is defined. So no need to "$shift" it. If you do want to "$shift" it use this.

var $shift ? deck 1 goto_cue 1 & deck 1 cue : deck 1 hot_cue 1

WORD!!

Hit me up if you need another one.

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 12:08 am
Thanks again @ReThink ... you are holding in there with me ..... I like that. :) WE GONNA WORK THIS OUT!!! :)

Thank you for the new script idea, however ... unfortunately it does not do the trick for what I am requesting. :( Damn ....

Soooooo ... lets try it from this angle ..... I want to create a button that when pressed the action is OPPOSITE from what the CUE verb does ... meaning that it will stop playback as long as it is held down

So here is the definition of CUE from VDJScript ... "if playing, go to the last cue point and continue playing. if paused, set the current position as cue point, and preview the cue as long as pressed. if in loop, change loop_in to the cue point but keep the loop's length. you can specify a number ('cue 1', 'cue 57') to work with several cues. number 0 or no number works on the last used cue."

How can the OPPOSITE of this definition be explained and scripted out using VDJScript?

This is a feature in another competitor's software (who will go unnamed) and it works like this .... I hit this button and all the hot cues go into a mode where I can beat juggle without moving or re-setting the current cue points. And then when I toggle this button off ... all the cue points go back to being hot cues.

Hope that this is making sense.

Please people ... continue sending your suggestions. This process is helping me to learn this type of scripting fast. This is fun.

Thanks in advance. ;)

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 6:56 am
Hey Conspired,

Well the mapping that I use (deck 1 hot_cue 1 ? deck 1 goto_cue 1 & deck 1 cue : deck 1 set_cue 1) will do what you want with a few things to keep in mind:

If the cue is not set for the button it will drop the cue point;
If the track is not playing then the track will stop after I let go of the button (juggle);
If the track is playing then the track will jump to the cue and keep playing after I let go of the button (hot cue)

With the other mapping (var $shift ? deck 1 goto_cue 1 & deck 1 cue : deck 1 hot_cue 1) it will work the way you want with a few things to keep in mind:

The key to toggle this must be mapped as (toggle $shift);
You can drop the cue when the key is NOT $shifted;
The cue point should be defined prior to using the $shifted function

I really could be reading your post wrong also lol. All of this was adopted from my Traktor setup because Mixing Video is the ish.

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 5:36 pm
Ok ReThink ... I am going to go with your "var $shift ? deck 1 goto_cue 1 & deck 1 cue : deck 1 hot_cue 1" script.

Somehow I was thinking that what I was asking for could be implemented while the track was playing. I didn't even test the first time with the track not playing. My Bad! (Is this possible though?)

Like I said .... I appreciate you hanging in there on this. Thanks again. :)

Posted Fri 17 Dec 10 @ 6:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)