Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: "No Internet Connection" after internet established. - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SBDJ wrote :
Is it possible your ISP is blocking the connection?

I dont think so, I have yet to find any filtered traffic with this ISP. I should call them just to see.

Posted Wed 24 Nov 10 @ 8:49 am
Just called them, they dont filter any traffic. The tech did also suggest firewall, or a anti virus updating potentially causing a problem.

aaaaagh!

Posted Wed 24 Nov 10 @ 8:59 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
In that case the only thing I can suggest is to install wireshark, and capture the traffic from your network interface using the filter:

host 74.54.245.130

To do this, open wireshark, go to capture > interfaces, find your netword card, click options and enter the above in the capture filter text box. Then click start and open VDJ and attempt to connect.

The output from that should hopefully give us some clue as to what is happening.

Posted Wed 24 Nov 10 @ 9:05 am
Ok, downloaded did as you said loaded the program and got no data AT ALL in the program when I launched vdj and tried to log in.

Double checked, triple checked and did again.. again no data.

I pinged live.virtualdj.com in a command prompt and it shows each request and reply. No other non ping related data was able to be captured. I did this on my gig machine, not on my home pc.

Posted Wed 24 Nov 10 @ 6:29 pm
Problem Solved!!!

Finally got a reply to my ticket and have been working the issue out. I used a proxy program quite some time ago and although I disabled my proxies in firefox there was still proxy traces in IE. Those traces needed to be disabled, and BAM fixed and working absolutely gloriously!

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP!

You went above and beyond the call of duty to try to help me, and I am truly grateful for that. So a big thank you, and I am STOKED to be working!

Posted Wed 24 Nov 10 @ 7:54 pm
I never knew VDJ paid attention to IE proxy settings, so lesson learnt for me too :)

I'm glad you're working!

Posted Wed 24 Nov 10 @ 8:54 pm
I'm having the same problem what exactly did you do to correct the problem

Posted Mon 13 Dec 10 @ 8:24 am
He had an invalid proxy server set in his internet explorer browser settings. If internet explorer works for you, this isn't the problem.

Posted Mon 13 Dec 10 @ 1:52 pm
explorer works fine I don't know why i cannot get a connection

Posted Tue 14 Dec 10 @ 12:10 am
I am having the same issues. When I upgraded to PRO, the internet stopped working? I'll monitor this string to see if a fix shows up.

Posted Tue 08 Feb 11 @ 12:10 am
It's a problem at your end I'm afraid. Go back through this thread, have a read and try some things out.

Posted Tue 08 Feb 11 @ 4:44 am
Even if you do not use IE (Internet Explorer) you need to go into internet settings, connections, choose settings.That will reset the proxy used by Netsearch. You will now get the logon at VDJ at startup

Posted Tue 08 Feb 11 @ 5:20 am
[quote=DeeJayKJ123 Even if you do not use IE (Internet Explorer) you need to go into internet settings, connections, choose settings.That will reset the proxy used by Netsearch. You will now get the logon at VDJ at startup.[/quote]

Ok I have winxp, I went to control panel/internet options/connections

Settings is greyed out so not sure what to do?

same in IE

Thanks for the help!

Posted Tue 08 Feb 11 @ 2:53 pm
Just for a FYI this was the response I got for my ticket:

Date: Thu 25 Nov 10 @ 1:21 am
Teamer: mp3jrick
Message: 1) Netsearch is supported with an mp3 database reported to exceed 8 million tracks by monthly subscription as well as limited video streaming from available open resources currently online such as Youtube.
2) Netsearch limited can be accessed by Licensed Basic and Pro users and anyone who wishes to try it by loading the latest Home Edition Free version. http://www.virtualdj.com/download/free.html
3) These accounts are activated in the software once the user has logged in by clicking config/network and entering his forum log in and pw and it is case sensitive or it will not activate.
Once if is activated it will say "connected full membership" and will automatically renew every 30 days until canceled.
4) Make sure IE is not set to use a proxy server regardless if you use that browser or FireFox.
5) If you are still not able to log in, the greater possibility is that your antivirus is blocking the in and outbound traffic necessary to connect.
In some cases this means more than casually disabling your antivirus, but the software must be listed as an exception in the antivirus settings.
Normally as with AVG, open the control panel of your software and you will find a field called "Resident Shield". If you open this at the bottom you will find "manage exceptions". This will open a window where you will click "add" and then navigate to the program file location at c:\programfiles\virtualdj and then click "apply" and close. Then reboot and restart VDJ proceeding to config/network and logging in again.

This has solved most of the problems for users, and in most of those cases they had the log in or pw wrong, in the wrong case, or under the wrong account that the trial was installed to or had not installed the latest trial version.

Best Regards,
mp3jrick
Virtual DJ Support Team

Posted Tue 08 Feb 11 @ 5:46 pm
djmatteo2 wrote :

Best Regards,
mp3jrick
Virtual DJ Support Team

Hey thanks for the advice, I know it's on my end somewhere. I've checked IE and Firefox natha. Checked security center removed the old version and added exception for the new install as indicated. I also checked to ensure that it was the right .exe file. Closed, re-opened and still nothing.

I changed my PW about two weeks ago and am wondering if this might be the problem though I think it would have been read by netseach on your end?

Thanks!

Posted Wed 09 Feb 11 @ 9:13 pm
phantasim wrote :
djmatteo2 wrote :

Best Regards,
mp3jrick
Virtual DJ Support Team

Hey thanks for the advice, I know it's on my end somewhere. I've checked IE and Firefox natha. Checked security center removed the old version and added exception for the new install as indicated. I also checked to ensure that it was the right .exe file. Closed, re-opened and still nothing.

I changed my PW about two weeks ago and am wondering if this might be the problem though I think it would have been read by netseach on your end?

Thanks!

I hereby award myself the D.O.R.K. Award!

On a whim I went back to my firewall and checked exceptions. (Blush) It appears that there were others from older installations. I removed all the old ones and VVVVvvvOOOoooIIIiiiLllllAAAA ! it works!

So check for multiple entries in your exceptions!

Posted Wed 09 Feb 11 @ 11:02 pm
please someone help me im getting a message that im unable to connect to th internet because I have a crack installed...ive tried to uninstall the software and nothing multiple times how do I fix this problem I have a gig coming and I don't want to run serato dj...please help me

Posted Wed 18 Feb 15 @ 10:20 pm
djphantompd1 wrote :
because I have a crack installed

Well full marks for being honest, but I don't see how you can complain. What did you expect? :-)

djphantompd1 wrote :
I have a gig coming

You'll need to buy a license in that case. Either a monthly "subscriber" license or the full "infinity" license are for working DJs.

There is a utility in the download section called Fix Virtual DJ Hosts that'll solve the issue with VDJ 8 connecting to the net.

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 10:55 am

Posted Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 10:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)