Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ Can't find Songs!! HELP! - Page: 3
DJ-RoxCity wrote :
Hi there folks, my problem is similar but somewhat unique. I was an avid VDJ user on Windows Operating System for many years. I've just upgraded to Mac and there comes the obvious and unavoidable error alerts coming off song files when referencing a playlist with songs on a hard drive. I connected the hard drive but since Mac doesn't generate drive letters for external HDs, I was left with the painful option of manually restoring each of over 50,000 songs from its original location. This I know is not a practical solution. Can anyone advise of any alternatives to having my playlist items pull form the target songs on the HD I brought over from my Windows OS.
Please I need an urgent assistance. It'll amount to a suicide attempting the restoration a la carte style.

YOUR SCREWED BUDDY. I VJ 3 DAYS A WEEK (2 AT A STRIP CLUB) AND KJ/DJ/VJ 3 DAYS, I THINK I WILL BE TAKING MY MACBOOK PRO RETINA BACK. AFTER IT CRASHED LAST NIGHT ON THE FIRST NIGHT I TRIED TO USE IT. I WAS FRANTIC THE WHOLE TIME (UNTIL I PULLED OUT MY ALIENWARE, WHICH I WAS REPLACING WITH A MACBOOK PRO 15 MAXED OUT MAC DADDY) BECAUSE YOU CANT CLOSE AND REOPEN VDJ WHILE RUNNING A SHOW TO ENABLE EXPOLORER FOR 10 SECONDS UNTIL IS FREEZES AGAIN!

I've been using VDJ for 6 years on PC. decided to switch to Mac last Saturday (Sun,Mon,Tue,Wed moving files to external drive and trying to add to database and beside myself with the trouble it has been) because I've been having random crashes on my 3 year old $2600 17" Alienware I7 GTX 480m. Most of the crashes seem to be video related but as you can see it has a bad ass video card. VDJ has screwed me again. The owner of the bar said last night that he's tired of my computer crashing all the time and that no other dj's with Serato ever crash.

OR (MOST LIKELY) SHOPPING FOR A NEW PROGRAM TO HANDLE PIONEER DDJ-SX AND VIDEOS STABLE!

Posted Thu 11 Jun 15 @ 8:26 am
It's also funny that if you search youtube for help you never get a proper response. It seems the only thing there is how to acquire an illegal copy of the software. Maybe VDJ could post some videos of VDJ working on a Mac and sorting through the Explorer side flawlessly adding to search DB and browsing? Nah too much trouble huh?

Posted Thu 11 Jun 15 @ 9:51 am
www.virtualdj.com/.../VirtualDJ.../MY_LIBRARY alguem sabe como faz pra baixar pro not

Posted Tue 30 Jun 15 @ 7:25 pm
i've added my songs to the database but i can't play them.. it says error .. what should i do

Posted Fri 10 Jul 15 @ 9:57 am
djclay1PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Just bought a new macbook pro 15. transferred over iTunes from my old pc ( with help from apple) iTunes works great on its own....but when I fire up vdj iTunes , playlists, songs all showing but when I load any song "error .m4a" coming up ? Music videos & karaoke all work fine...Please help.

Posted Mon 07 Sep 15 @ 10:55 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Maybe thus files are DRM protected.

Posted Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 11:46 am
New songs in Itunes not automatically appearing in VDJ.
Help me please.
Every time I buy a new song, I have to go through the process of changing the Itunes files name from "iTunes Library.itl" to "iTunes Music Library.itl" and re-choose the library in Itunes. This is new. I've used Vdj without a problem for 3 years. This is frustrating and I need to fix this . I have been using a different MAC, while rebuilding my Mac of choice. Perhaps bringing the settings over from Mac2, caused this? Also, it happened immediately after the last upgrade. If anyone has any suggestions, please PLEASE send me a message. I'll try every suggestion offered. Thank you all very much.

Posted Sat 26 Sep 15 @ 10:22 pm
I also recently switch to Mac Book Pro Mid 15 from PC with VDj 7.4 which is rock solid. Transferred all songs to iTunes onto Mac. ITunes play without issues.
Downloaded VDJ8 for Mac, VDJ8 reads all my iTunes playlist, but songs show up with red mark and I’m getting an error when I try to load songs . Added songs to search database. If I do a search, the songs show up without red mark and would play once added to deck. Did not attempt to edit and transfer database.xml file from VDJ7.4 .

In VDJ 8 I notice a slight difference in file path from songs that would play from the Search compared to songs displayed from iTunes playlist with the red X. the “/” in the path is missing when read in VDJ8.
The path in database xml file is showing correctly as follows, File Path: /Users/

In VDJ8 the songs read from iTunes playlist, Path is as follows, File Path: Users/DJAndy/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music

In VDJ8 Songs found from doing a Search, Path is as follows, File Path: /Users/DJAndy/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music

Searched wiki and tried several recommendations listed with no success.
-Changed xml & itl iTunes library to ITunes Music Lib.xml & itl
-Verified path on Mac in library, preference folder (.com.atomixproduction.virtualdj).
-Verified iTunes check to share with other applications
- in VJ8 Config – browser the “iTunesdatabasefile” path is correct , /Users/DJAndy/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music library.xml

Need help to resolve this issue.

Posted Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 2:41 am
aayu$hHome userMember since 2015
ok. so i have a pendrive filled with about 350 songs. I am using vdj8. these songs are not on my mac. So i want to be able to mix using just that pendrive. how do i get vdj8 to read the songs? i have opened the pendrive location but the songs are not shown there. what do i do?

Posted Fri 15 Jan 16 @ 11:55 am
Please help,
I have MC6000 Denon console, when I load VirtualDJ and choose music from my playlists I get an error. Is like playlist I created in Itunes can not be read. How can I fix this?

Posted Wed 27 Jan 16 @ 12:55 am
Errors are usually caused when VDJ cannot find the file i.e. you have either moved it or renamed it (using something other than VDJ) since the playlist was created.

This can also be caused if the file was on an external drive which is not connected any more.

Posted Wed 27 Jan 16 @ 5:35 pm
bro i am ask a request for song and i will get a song and donty look up song what is this problem

Posted Sat 15 Oct 16 @ 4:38 am
timbiscuits wrote :
go to the folder that holds the songs, right click it and click 'set as favourite' then click 'add to search db' this will put a folder in the browsing area of virtual dj and will add all of your music in that folder to the search database!

good luck!

:)

Just to let you know that 11 years later this response is still helping! Thank you!

Posted Sat 20 Feb 21 @ 2:26 pm
I know this is an old forum but I was having same problem. I could not get all my files. I even tried suggestions on this topic.
Now I'm not saying this is everyone's problem but, feel stupid after figuring it out. Check your filter buttons to make sure they or not clicked. I know, simple.

Posted Thu 07 Jul 22 @ 5:41 pm