Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: SBDJ FreeStyler - Page: 13

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

When not connected to VirtualDJ, does FreestylerDMX work as expected?

Best practice is to get FreestylerDMX (standalone) up and running correctly, before hooking it up to VirtualDJ.

(that's why I was asking about how you arranged your light setup in FreestylerDMX :) )

Posted Tue 12 Nov 13 @ 5:35 am
Blulite wrote :
as it happens i already followed your guide like 50 times, still nothing, it pings and it identifies the other machines i can even do file sharing etc.... i just cant get freestyler to work how i want it to :(

Have you switched each sequence in the cue to S2L?

Posted Mon 25 Nov 13 @ 4:10 am
Is it just me or does the search function not working on this site?

Anyway, any news on the Mac version of this plugin? I went out and plunked down some serious coin a new Mac and the Pro version of VDJ, only to realize this plugin doesn't exist for a Mac.

Any news on a Mac version of this plugin? S2L just plain sucks, IMO.

Thanks.

Gerry

Posted Wed 01 Jan 14 @ 8:03 am
What I meant to say was that the S2L that comes with Freestyler is kind of sucky... not the SBDJ plugin! :-)

Posted Wed 01 Jan 14 @ 9:57 am
Slowly coming up to speed ...
Could someone direct me to "how to" for Freestyler DMX Integration v2.0 ...you tube is always GREAT ! but cant find anything...or anything in the forums....

Thanks guys ...

Posted Tue 07 Jan 14 @ 10:50 pm
I'm not quite sure what you mean by DMX Integration, but FreestylerDMX has a well-filled wiki with tons of tutorials on how to get started with DMX and the Freestyler software:
http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/

If I'm not mistaken, the way the SBDJ Freestyler plugin for VDJ works is by sending telnet commands to Freestyler.
After installing Freestyler, the installation folder contains a subfolder Documentation. The file Sendmessage and TCPIP.pdf within that folder explains the telnet commands.

Posted Wed 08 Jan 14 @ 2:23 am
If you load Freestyler DMX Integration plugin...in VDJ it comes up as "DESCRIPTION: Freestyler DMX Integration".
New line and then "VERSION: v2.0"...

I have put in probably 12-16 hrs playing and looking...it took me a long time to find this v2.0 ...I kept seeing "Cue" and "S2L" from Freestyler with versions v1.0.0 and versions v1.3 respective.
Finally I found v2.0 after seeing the 2.1 was built but not passed for public consumption. Now I'm trying to find information on it. The closest I have COME is DJ Cheers and his video's...but for some reason the video is hard to see detail and I can't see exactly what he is typing. Even though he gives verbals....it doesn't quite settle in. I bump up resolution on U tube but its as good as it gets.
So, I'm looking for a good video, as a picture speaks a thousand words, on how to setup, from square 1,

"NAME: freestyler
AUTHOR: SBDJ

DESCRIPTION: Freestyler DMX Integration
VERSION: v2.0
---------
This is the information I get in VDJ after I click on the file to setup "Monitor grid, Monitor Cue points, Remember Enabled, and User Network" ...The answer could be in front of me....but after lots of hours (lots), I can't find how to setup the cue points for scene specific, per song lighting and get it to work.

Again, looking for.... preferably U Tube, but I will take anything.... info on how to configure Freestyler DMX Integration v2.0....to work my lighting.
I do LOVE VDJ and all that is coming with it....I come from the era of vinyl then to cassette then to CD and now VDJ....gotta love it :) Long time coming :)

Posted Wed 08 Jan 14 @ 9:51 am
First of all you need to setup Freestyler DMX software and have it up and running.
Once you have EVERYTHING on the Freestyler side set (your Cues, Sequences, Overrides, e.t.c.) then you can use this plug-in to control Freestyler from inside VirtualDj.

There are 3 ways that the plug-in interacts with Freestyler.

1) The plug-in will send steps trigger to Freestyler if you enable the "Monitor Grid" option based on the CGB of the song that's "on-air" on VDJ. So now your sequences can change step according to the actual Tempo of the music with having to re-adjust the running speed on every song.

2) You can send commands to Freestyler by setting two variables on VirtualDj. You can set variables by using buttons on your controller or your skin, or even by using keyboard shortcuts.
For instance the following code when mapped to a button / keyboard shortcut will toggle blackout on Freestyler:
set '$fsvalue' 1 & set '$fscommand' 2

This will toggle freeze on Freestyler:
set '$fsvalue' 1 & set '$fscommand' 123

A list with all possible values and commands is included on Freestyler documentation. Just open the "Sendmessage and TCPIP.pdf" file that's located inside the "Documentation" folder of Freestyler with Adobe Acrobat. You can control almost ANYTHING with this way.

3) The last way this plug-in interacts with Freestyler is similar to the previous one. Only that now it monitors your cue-points. If your cue-points have a "FS:xxx,xxx" text within their name it will send this as a command on Freestyler once the playing pos (aka needle) passes beyond this cue-point:

"Cue 3 FS:2,1"

Will toggle blackout once the track passes from cue 3.

In a similar way

"Freeze FS:123,1 HotCue5"
Will toggle freeze once the needle passes cue 5

Posted Wed 08 Jan 14 @ 10:29 am
TKS ! for the reply ....starting to research what u typed...

But no U Tube video to speak a "thousand words" ?????

=====================
OK, copy paste ur script for BLACKOUT to VDJ ....
fired up FS, verified my lite worked and ...
hit my "b" for blackout as I had mapped it that way ...
and it worked......

TKS ! ...please do understand...I'm retired, had a sound company that handled Presidential events, had the chance to work with Garth Brooks when his 1st CD came out...so I work with computers and electronics...but this did not fall into place for me...
Just trying to say...I dont think I'm dense, but this drove me nuts not being able to conquer.

I will keep plugging away
Please correct if wrong but ....

"points have a "FS:xxx,xxx" text within their name"..... from your msg....shouldn't there be a space between the : and the x ???
Using the "FS" script is how I want to do it ...any more info on that is EXACTLY where I want to be...scenes are preset and play when the song gets to the cue point. Hands off...so my guys just play the music and lights are taken care of...

When I get this figured out for me ...I will make a video to try and help others.....

Posted Wed 08 Jan 14 @ 12:11 pm
No, no spaces.

Just enable the "monitor cue points" option, rename a couple of cue points to execite various commands (try simple ones at the beggining like freeze or blackout) and watch the magic...

PS:
The plug-in IGNORES all text but "FS:xxx,xxx"
This means that you can type any text before or after your command and it will still work! And that's the main reason it must not have any spaces ;)

Posted Wed 08 Jan 14 @ 12:43 pm
so...ur stepping me thru the scenario ...but I'm taking ur time.
Is there no place in video to get real world view of this process in its glory ???

TKS !
===============
OK...turning a light "on / off" thru the FS:xxx,xxx command :)
===============
I'll be back...TKS ! for helping me with a reward ...its a building block.

Posted Wed 08 Jan 14 @ 3:15 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I haven't actually got around to making a video yet, it was always on my to-do list though!

Posted Wed 08 Jan 14 @ 3:50 pm

Posted Wed 08 Jan 14 @ 4:11 pm
WOW ! starting to see all the faces I've come to know over my education of this great product.
TKS ! guys...

I'm comin up to speed.....give me a few weeks, see if I can help on the video side.
I'm not sure what to expect from me...but I've got the pissed-off "I can do" attitude :)

Very cool....
=======
MusicalCheers ...your video's helped a lot...I watched over and over again :)

Posted Wed 08 Jan 14 @ 11:55 pm
tkoprojoe wrote :
WOW ! starting to see all the faces I've come to know over my education of this great product.
TKS ! guys...

I'm comin up to speed.....give me a few weeks, see if I can help on the video side.
I'm not sure what to expect from me...but I've got the pissed-off "I can do" attitude :)

Very cool....
=======
MusicalCheers ...your video's helped a lot...I watched over and over again :)

=======
Got the iPad working ... :)

Posted Thu 09 Jan 14 @ 12:14 am
Gonna be offline here for a few ....
I'll be back ...(practicing my Arnold Schwarzenegger....)

Posted Thu 09 Jan 14 @ 6:36 pm
Does anyone know if this will work between two Laptops?

How to set that up?

I run VDJ on one Laptop and Freestyler on the other Laptop.

I'd love to develop sequenced light shows to popular dance songs.

Do the cues stay in a database with the songs as well?

Thanks Guys!

Posted Wed 26 Feb 14 @ 12:08 pm
Hey Scott.
Hope you and your family are well.
Just want to check if there are any future releases planned for the freestyler plugin?

Posted Tue 22 Apr 14 @ 1:01 pm
Hello.

Now that VDJ8 has been pre-released, was there any thought or discussion of FS integration?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 9:28 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I replied to your other thread; update will be along shortly.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 11:49 am
90%