Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: SBDJ FreeStyler - Page: 11

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The 'value' in those above scripts isn't valid I believe, but in any case as far as I know there is no way to make that work - VDJ won't put the correct values into those variables.

AFAIK VDJScript variables can only hold integer values - casting to a float just makes it '1' all the time.

Casting to an integer doesn't seem to do what you would expect, it seems to mean that for a slider, the lower 50% is 0 and the upper 50% is 1.

Sliders are inherently floats due to their non-integer values.

I can't see any way to get a slider value into a variable without using the worlds most convoluted VDJScript (param_greater 99% ? set $fsvalue 99 : param_greater 98% ? etc....)

If someone knows different I'm always happy to learn :)

Now what I could look to do as a resolution is to allow VDJScript embeeded, so for example:

FS:`get_level`,155 (this won't work right now)

The problem with this is that it's of limited use; it could only be used with faders tied to a built in command on an actual deck - pitch, volume, eqs etc. Effectively you'd have to have the controls on a 'spare' deck?

Posted Sat 04 May 13 @ 5:21 pm
Jason KPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Always on top of things Scott.

I tried the android app out and it works really well. I'll use it for all the songs I haven't set up with your plugin, hope they don't haven any conflicts.

Posted Tue 07 May 13 @ 2:27 am
This is a quick video I made showing an automated lightshow using vdj and freestyler with the sbdj plugin.

Posted Thu 16 May 13 @ 4:09 am
SBDJ wrote :

Sliders are inherently floats due to their non-integer values.

I can't see any way to get a slider value into a variable without using the worlds most convoluted VDJScript (param_greater 99% ? set $fsvalue 99 : param_greater 98% ? etc....)

If someone knows different I'm always happy to learn :)

Scott if a slider returns a float, then multiplying the float and afterwards casting it to integer should work...
Eg: param_multiply 100 & param_cast 'integer' should give the following result

Slider POS 0 -> value=0 and script =0
Slider POS 10% -> value=0.1 and script =10
Slider POS 13.37% -> value=0.1337 and script =13

I'm at my office right now and I don't have any controller near me to test it, but I will try to remember and test today or tomorrow night.

PS:
In order to get max 255 out of a float then I guess you should be doing:
param_multiply 255 & param_cast 'integer' and if this doesn't work (I believe it should)
param_multiply 100 & param_cast 'integer' & param_multiply 2.55

Posted Thu 16 May 13 @ 7:04 am
PhantomDeejay you are a lifesaver.
Yes your scrpit example does work.

This is for the Master Speed "param_multiply 255 & param_cast 'integer' & set '$fsvalue' value & set '$fscommand' 206"

Thank you so much.

Posted Fri 17 May 13 @ 9:27 am
Result. Thanks George :)

Posted Fri 17 May 13 @ 3:59 pm
Hi Scott,
installed your new version yesterday and my first tests are looking absolutely good.
Now I am able to toggle cuelisttabs, cuelists and change masterfader within one Cuepoint. This will save a lot of time and cuepoints.
That's great, thanks for that.

One question I have, how can I remove the older version of the plugin?

Thomas

Posted Tue 04 Jun 13 @ 2:01 pm
You can simply delete the relevant files in Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins\Other.

Posted Tue 04 Jun 13 @ 4:41 pm
Hi Scott,

Thanks a lot for this plugin! I had it working as a s2l-controller perfectly for a long time. The sole purpose for me is to keep my lights in sync with the music.

Since I've updated Freestyler to 3.5.2, the grid is no longer picked up by Freestyler. Freestyler shows the remote-control icon in the top right corner, but the lights remain stationary. I've updated your plugin to the latest version, but that didn't help.

I've enabled sound to light in Freestyler and my network ip address is correct (hence the connected-icon in freestyler). Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?

Posted Thu 27 Jun 13 @ 5:41 am
Hi,

This plugin is only compatible with Virtual DJ Pro Full. Since you only own an LE version I'm confused as to how you could have been using it for a long time?

Regards,

Scott

Posted Thu 27 Jun 13 @ 9:03 am
Good question! :)

I use the LE version at home, to practice and train my DJ-ing.
We have the Pro-version at the club where I parttime work as a dj. However, that licence is not registered to my (personal) account.

Posted Thu 27 Jun 13 @ 9:16 am
I'll have a test with the latest FS and see if anything has changed :)

Posted Thu 27 Jun 13 @ 8:39 pm
Never mind, i've found the source of the issue already.

It helps a great deal when you click the 'sound active' icons in the cue list window. (duh, foolish me)

Posted Fri 28 Jun 13 @ 1:00 am
Is there anyway to save the cue points for the corresponding lighting effects to the VDJ database or save as a script per song to ship to multiple laptops? Trying to edit all the cue points within certain songs,im worried that i will have to repeat all the steps per laptop.
Thank You for any help.

Posted Mon 08 Jul 13 @ 1:55 pm
Cue points are automatically saved to the VDJ database.

Posted Mon 08 Jul 13 @ 2:21 pm
I'm trying to have a mapper contain multiple lighting cues, e.g. Select a cuelist, and a cue from that cuelist. Doesn't seem to work. If I split the cues up into individual mappers it works fine. Triggering multiple lighting cues from a single audio cue works fine.
Has anyone else tried this?

Posted Sun 14 Jul 13 @ 3:39 pm
Been working on a little update to this following on from user feedback:

Posted Tue 30 Jul 13 @ 7:49 pm

Posted Tue 30 Jul 13 @ 8:53 pm
Awesome!!!

Posted Wed 31 Jul 13 @ 3:23 am
Hey Scott. While you are busy working on the freestyler plugin. I had a thought that might be useful to some. Would it be possible to have an option similar to Dons essential karaoke plugin where we have the option of an external view which could have several buttons and sliders that we could program ourselves and leave open to make life easier. I will be getting a full HD touch screen laptop in the next few weeks and i think will work well? Not sure if anyone else likes the idea. Not sure if VDJ 8 will be able to have different windows docked at the same time?
Thanks
Clint

Posted Mon 12 Aug 13 @ 1:58 am
76%