Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VD7 and voice - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

sunnekePRO (legacy)Member since 2010
Just downloaded VD7 and fired it up and started broadcasting ... and I find i am getting no voice. VD6 had the selector in the config for Record -> Config to select Master, Master+MIC or Line In.

Where is this in VD7 ? There are no options there .. how do i get mic to work ? That really screwed me up .. had to go back to VD6.

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 12:10 am
djtaz_PRO InfinityMember since 2005
In the PRO edition you can do this under sound configuration - Advanced Sound configuration i think - have you tried to look into that ?

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 1:38 am
I am runnning VDJ 7 Pro Basic. Has this functionality been removed in VDJ7 on the "broadcast" tab? If so then not impressed if i have to do some sort of upgrade (ie cost more).
Yes .. also tried the advanced tab .. various combinations but not sure how to set up mic which is USB with headphones. Was so damned easy in VDJ 6 in broadcast config. Any help would be much appreciated,

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 1:40 am
On the sound setup you should choose Inputs: Microphone!

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 6:44 am
On the sound setup you should choose Inputs: Microphone!

tried that. I can get one or other now. but cant get both broadcast.

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 7:28 am
DJLo50PRO InfinityMember since 2009
It's about the same issue I have with recording audio. So I put a post also " Recording Audio". I had to move back to 6.1.2.

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 9:28 am
It's about the same issue I have with recording audio. So I put a post also " Recording Audio". I had to move back to 6.1.2.

Ok i will follow that thread also. I did raise a support call on this too so if i get a result i will post it here.

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 9:46 am
anyone interested in providing an answer.. ? Support call has been in for a while now .. :-(

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 5:13 pm
nick121PRO (legacy)Member since 2009
Thought i messed up my broadcast config....

Glad that its a known issue.... I miss that feature Master + Mic

On a side note too.... my special keys r in the mapper but some of them r not working.....have to delete n reenter. Its a nice surprise when ur doing it live ;)

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 12:11 am
Hey Nick121 sorry you were caught out also.. I had just started and suddenly found no voice on broadcast. I am so disappointed on this update. The broadcast options were soo simple. Why has it been made more complex AND I get no response to support call. Sure am disappointed on this one!

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 4:46 am
Hello i asked already in the german forum i have exactly same Problem and also tried to config this in all possible ways - Config - Advanced Config!

The most Problem what i have is i cant mute the VD7 anymore because i need to listen what the stream plays because of the delay on Broadcasts.

Before i muted just VD in the Soundmixer and all was fine now nothing works :(

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 7:00 am
Its even easier now ;)

(btw the mic button will ONLY show when mic is enabled - available in default skins)

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 8:18 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Here is how recording and broadcasting works in Version 7 ...

VirtualDJ always sends Master Out to recording or broadcasting - unless you use the Record Loopback feature in Advance Config - but first the basics.

To setup Recording / Broadcasting using a Mic that is directly connected the sound card where the default input channels of the soundcard are 1&2 - just select Microphone as an input using the Input Drop-down.
** This would be the same as selecting Master + Mic in the old record/broadcast dialog

With this option you simply need to add a shortcut that adds turns on and off the microphone using the 'mic' VDJScript. So create a shortcut on the keyboard for enabling / disabling the mic.
** This is shown on page 11 of the Audio Setup guide - along with more lengthy instructions than above.
*** If you want to be able to use the mic input with VirtualDJ effects then you need to assign the Mic to a deck using a multi-deck skin. I would use the 6 deck skin as I find it the easiest to use for setting things up. Page 17, I show this configuration.

To setup Recording / Broadcasting where you are coming in from an external mixer to a Line Input on your sound card. Just select the Line In option as the input using the Input Drop-down. Page 12 of the Audio Setup guide.
** This would be the same as selecting Line 1 In in the old record/broadcasting dialog.

If you want to use the Record Loopback feature - then look at page 19 in the Audio Setup Guide.

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 8:27 am
@dj-in-norway: this is not what me and i guess the other user ment.

@cstoll: ty for that info i will try this out after work the guide pdf is from the installation?

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 8:32 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes, the Guides are in your Documents\VirtualDJ folder and they are also listed in the VirtualDJ folder of the Program's List.

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 8:45 am
Ok .. i am confused .. i use a USB headset therefore mic is not connected to soundcard .. Why in gods name is this so hard now? Ver 6 was a breeze.

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 12:17 pm
DJLo50PRO InfinityMember since 2009
sunneke wrote :
Ok .. i am confused .. i use a USB headset therefore mic is not connected to soundcard .. Why in gods name is this so hard now? Ver 6 was a breeze.

Your telling me. Jess... I still can't get recording audio to work right. I guess the old saying is right " If it ain't broke don't fix it."

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 1:16 pm
nick121PRO (legacy)Member since 2009
My sentiment exactly sunneke

Why remove something that is easy for everybody. Unless, there's a logical explanation. Otherwise VDJ7 is doing acrobatic stunts when all is needed is a simple jump.

btw im with u sunneke using usb as well

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 1:20 pm
Mmm .. wonder if we wil see a quick re-release of software shortly ? This should be soo simple to set up ...

Posted Sat 16 Oct 10 @ 1:34 am
I would very appreciate that a Fix is coming soon, i had to use today Winamp to broadcast with mic like i needed thats really disappointing.

I just get the micro working with the ASIO Driver but with this one i cant set down the volume of VDJ at soundmixer from Windows but i need to hear the damn stream not what is on the VDJ atm.

:( hope there will be a fix soon!

Posted Sat 16 Oct 10 @ 5:56 pm
16%