Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ7 Macbook pro install problems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

lrayonPRO InfinityMember since 2005
All,

I just installed VDJ7 and the install did not go as planned. The virtualdj_pro binary did not show up in the applications folder. The only way to access it is by "ctl-click" (right click) on the virtualdj.app binary and choose "show package contents", then navigate over to the "contents -> Mac OS" directory where both virtualdj and virtualdj_pro sit (hence ver 6 and ver 7). From there I click on Virtualdj_pro and the app launches through a command line prompt interface.

What do I need to do to fix this? Uninstall and re-install? how should I do that on my mac with VDJ?

Appreciate the help.

DJ OnTheBeat Al

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 10:43 pm
When I first installed I couldn't find VDJ7 and every time I loaded it was 6.?, uninstall vdj and reinstall and you should be in business! That's what I had to do, I used appzapper to uninstall the previous VDJ.

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 11:22 pm
www.appzapper.com

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 11:22 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Use this utility to remove VirtualDJ -
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/system_disk_utilities/appdelete.html

Then make sure you do the following - REPAIR your disk permissions (this may or may not be needed, but it doesn't hurt either way so just do it anyway) ::-> Go to: (HD)/Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility.

Launch Disk Utility, select your primary hard drive with Mac OS on it (start up disk) and click on the "Repair Disk Permissions" button. There's no need to click on the "Verify Disk Permissions" button right above it, just repair them.

Then reboot and install VirtualDJ again. After install,
Go to the /Documents/ folder and Control+Click (right click) on the VirtualDJ folder
Choose the Get Info menu choice
Then in the bottom right corner of the Get Info dialog you need to click on the pad-lock and unlock it (will prompt you for you user password)

Then just above that to the left is the Permissions list. Make sure your user account has Read/Write permissions set.

Just below the Permissions box there is a button with a gear graphic on it - click that and choose the 'apply to all included' items

Once changed, close the box to Apply the changes.

Open VirtualDJ

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 11:24 pm
Thanks Guys, to both of you for the information. I will perform these and let you know how it goes. Thanks again for the quick feedback.

Dj OnTheBeat Al

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 1:16 am
Guys,

This worked like a champ. Thanks again for the quick response.

One other question, I'm hearing audio poping when the crossfader is moving and when I type and what not. Any ideas?

Much props!!!

Dj OnTheBeat Al

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 1:52 am
when i download any type of effects, controllers, etc i get this error message

"Safari can’t open the file “MasterPanLFO.bundle” because no available application can open it."

does anyone know what program i need to make the downloads compatible and able to download?

Posted Thu 21 Oct 10 @ 1:14 pm
To install an effect, simply copy the file EffectName.bundle to the following folder:

MacintoshHD -> Users -> YOUR USER NAME -> Documents -> VirtualDJ -> Plugins -> AudioEffect

Posted Fri 22 Oct 10 @ 7:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)