Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ 7 Mac - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

DME-CEO wrote :
Support staff wrote :
partypros wrote :
how do i use the serato Rane1 box with Virtual dj Pro 7?

Unfortunately it is not possible to use the SL1 with VirtualDJ on a Mac.

This is because the manufacturer have not released CoreAudio drivers for it.

Just an added note, there will be no core drivers for the SL1.

oooooh well thats good to know!

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 1:36 pm
Hey All,

will the Hercules DeeJay Trim 4&6 DJ Audio Interface work like serato SL1?

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 1:39 pm
djpr1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
djpr1 wrote :
I'm happy with VDJj7 on my VMS4 is rock solid and the crazy thing is that the scratching sounds better than the NS7. My NS7 on the mac has major lag issue plus sounds very digital when scratching. I've tried everything possible to make it sound decent but not even close. For mixing purposes is good not for turntablism.

Macbookpro 2.8
Core2duo
4gb Ram

PR1

I decided to try my NS7 on my back up pc laptop which is a dell 1.73ghz dual core 2gb ram....it runs flawless. Scratches sound good, waveform is nice and clear no jerking whatsoever...WTF!!!! On the mac sounds like crap...

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 10:36 pm
Virtual 7 is not creating or saving a database! Thoughts?

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 1:40 am
aa1voice wrote :

are you using an external hard drive? How is it formated? If it's NTFS (windows) OSX will read but not write to the drive. The drive needs to be FAT 32 or HFS file system formated.

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 1:31 pm
Love VDJ vs 7 - works great on my Macbook Pro - only thing - is there a standard 4 deck skin for 1920 resolution?
I see 1440 but it does not scale too well - wold be nice to have native 1920.

Many Thanks - has also sorted out most if not all of the audio probs I had with the Behringer BCD3000 which I sometimes use when I need a simple rig.

Dave Mann

Posted Sat 16 Oct 10 @ 3:14 am
bjtheedj wrote :
If it's NTFS (windows) OSX will read but not write to the drive. The drive needs to be FAT 32 or HFS file system formated.

FAT32 has a filesize limitation (2Gb if I recall correctly), so it can give some grief. However, there is a driver that allows Mac to write NTFS drives:

http://www.tuxera.com/products/tuxera-ntfs-for-mac/

I've installed that, it's very handy. Now I can use the same external drive with both Mac and Windows and I don't have to worry about filesize limitations.

Posted Sat 16 Oct 10 @ 4:30 am
Hi Folks, Im using a Mac Mini Core 2 Duo with 4 gigs of ram with a M-Audio Xponent, V6.1.2 works great with this combo.
I could use headphones to preview files in v6.1.2 but when I installed v7 the Xponent was not recognized and if I tell it to rescan for the unit it finds it but non of the controls work, the audio interface is also not working properly, cant get the headphones to preview as with v6.1.2.

Anyone else running this combo?

Thoughts...

I have a ticket open and will post my progress.

Good Day!

Posted Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 12:45 pm
the audio 4 box works fine with V7!!!! In your sound config just use the advanced config and set your time codes as inputs and set your outputs up and your good to go!! 100% timecode quality every time for me!

The sound engine is phenomenal with VDJ 7 compared to prior versions!!!

Any questions on config email me and I can send you pics of the actual settings

*******@*********

Cheers,
Mark

[Sorry, E-mail addresses and other contact details are not permitted for unlicensed users.]

Posted Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 4:25 pm
bjtheedj wrote :
aa1voice wrote :

are you using an external hard drive? How is it formated? If it's NTFS (windows) OSX will read but not write to the drive. The drive needs to be FAT 32 or HFS file system formated.

It is Fat32 and it worked fine for previous versions. No version7 database is being created.

Posted Thu 21 Oct 10 @ 11:55 pm
peris13PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi guys iam using snow leopard 10.6.4 and upgraded to virtualdj 7 for mac. Is there a functionality to broadcast with mic. I could not figure it out.
I am bypassing this problem with sound flower virtual sound card and nicecast application. Someone in another post of mine told me that with snow leopard t=you cant broadcast with mic. Is it fixed with virtual dj pro 7 for mac? If it is please let me know how to configure the microphone
with vdj 7 pro and mac snow leopard 10.6.4 without using nicecast and soundflower applications. Is this possible? Please help!
Thanks in advance :))

Posted Fri 22 Oct 10 @ 11:56 am
MasterDPRO InfinityMember since 2004
With the current version of Mac VJ7 is there a way to broadcast the webcam like the PC version? I have an older plug in on the pc version that will stream out cam video which is great for parties.

Posted Fri 22 Oct 10 @ 11:22 pm
djgazmkPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi Guys,

I wounder if any one could shead some light on the set for VD7 Pro on a Mac pro using 2 CDJ 400's through the use.

With VD6 i had no problems and the 2 CDJ's work great but with VD7 Pro both CDJ's are only controlling one deck and both are redaing as 1 or 2 in usb mode, when only on should be 1 and the other should be 2 in usb mode.

Can anyone help with this.....

Thanks

Posted Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 8:24 pm
kichu20PRO InfinityMember since 2010
HI guys,

I jst upgraded my VirtualDJ 6.08 to 7 for mac and i am using Hecules RMX console... it opens fine but when i drag a song in to the s/w it crashes out with a core dump kinda of out put saying VDJ crashed if u have ot send it to apple..?

have u seen this issue..?

kk

Posted Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 9:12 pm
how do i install my key code for virtual pro 7

Posted Sat 30 Oct 10 @ 10:58 am
Please help asap i just installed the latest version to include the S3700. while running VDJ i switch to CD's now my VDJ went nutz both decks only work out of one deck....Deck 1 is the main if i switch with the "eject" buttom Deck 1 will change the blue light from side to side but it won't change from Deck 1 to Deck 2....anyone please help me asap i have a gig tonight and this just ruined jccalmet@gmail.com

Posted Sat 30 Oct 10 @ 12:36 pm
soundsunique-entertainment wrote :
how do i install my key code for virtual pro 7

Licensed users dont have to worry about entering a code. All you have to do is go to Software Updates within your profile.

Posted Sat 30 Oct 10 @ 2:40 pm
hey thx for responding now shoud i have uninstalled the le edition before installing pro7

Posted Sun 31 Oct 10 @ 5:12 pm
hi
the pro update is additional to the version you receive in the box

i think you can just go ahead and update

Posted Sun 31 Oct 10 @ 10:38 pm
djgazmk wrote :
Hi Guys,

I wounder if any one could shead some light on the set for VD7 Pro on a Mac pro using 2 CDJ 400's through the use.

With VD6 i had no problems and the 2 CDJ's work great but with VD7 Pro both CDJ's are only controlling one deck and both are redaing as 1 or 2 in usb mode, when only on should be 1 and the other should be 2 in usb mode.

Can anyone help with this.....

Thanks

i have this same problem with my denons dn-s3700's i'm with you on this some one help with the setting for pro 7

Posted Mon 01 Nov 10 @ 2:06 pm
14%