Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: where is the video playback?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djtopsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Ok guys...been a pro user a while and cant seem to get my mp4 videos to play in ver 6.0.8......so is there a hidden codec somewhere that I need to turn on ---OR---- is this version NOT support mp4 videos? Please advise how to load codec or videos for playback...

No sound, no video, VDJ will not recognize the files in the browser window....Thanks

Posted Wed 08 Sep 10 @ 6:13 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
6.0.8 has no problems playing MP4. Out of the box it will play MP4 with nothing else done, so chances are you've changed a setting at some point and disabled it.

So:

1. Do you have MP4 listed on your codecs tab in options? If not add it, and use the internal video decoder.

2. If you still can't see files in the browser after this, click the little bullet icon near the search bar, is the option to view video files enabled?

3. If video still doesn't work, what happens when you activate video in the video options?

Posted Wed 08 Sep 10 @ 6:28 pm
The latest version of Virtual DJ Pro is 6.1.2, If you can’t see the videos, or hear the sound it maybe, because of the version you are running? best bet is to download the latest version. I see, and hear my videos fine. You might try downloading the latest version of Virtual DJ, I think that should solve an issues you are having, especially if your trying to access your videos, via Net Search? Hope this was helpful?

Posted Wed 08 Sep 10 @ 6:29 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
are they drm based mp4's from itunes?

Posted Wed 08 Sep 10 @ 10:53 pm
djtopsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
omg...thanks to u guys...I feel like such a doo fuss.....It was the damn "show" button on the search field......crap what an idiot I was.!!!! Thanks guys all is well!!

Posted Fri 10 Sep 10 @ 7:44 pm
Dont feel bad we have all been there!!

Posted Sat 11 Sep 10 @ 2:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)